Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jack73, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Jack73

Jack73 New Member
    Registered

Hi All,
    I've always been overweight and a big yoyo dieter. I found after having my 4th and last child that I was getting bigger each year and lost motivation to try to lose weight. Some how this year I turned a corner as my youngest has started school and it made me realise it is now my turn to concentrate on me for a change.

I started a diet plan of 1200cals a day and I always do well the first week but I always end up sabotaging any good I do. I completed 8 weeks and lost 5kg and I nearly gave up and then spoke to my GP and told him what I do and how I feel. I honestly have never had the feeling of fullness and that is how I got onto Duromine. I need to lose 20-25kg to be in healthy weight range.

I got my script filled 4 days ago and I did a lot of reading on the Internet and that scared me to see such side effects. I then read a few forums and one person said you only need to try it just to see if it is right for you and if it's not then stop - that is what gave me the courage to take the first tablet. I didn't sleep the first night before taking Duromine as I was still nervous. I had the first tablet at 6:30am and I think I was expecting to notice a side effect straight away. I organised for my husband to do all school drop off and pickups that day so I didn't drive. I found the worst part was the dry mouth but that wasn't even that bad and I kept it at bay by drinking heaps of water. I did start to feel a little foggy by mid morning but nothing that concerned me. I did notice that I was nicer to my kids that afternoon. That night I felt my eyes moving around and dreaming all night but no real rest.

Day 2: I was expecting the dry mouth but to my surprise it wasn't as bad. I had peed so much the day before and dropped a kilo by this morning. I can say that so far I haven't had complete fullness yet but I have been watching closer what I eat. I started to use the app 'My fitness pal' and I've use it to keep check on my calories and try to stay at around 1200 cals. I was a little more relaxed with sleep tonight and could keep eyelids closed without feeling my eyeballs rocking around.

Day 3: Dry mouth almost gone. Feeling good in the mornings and happy to see family at breakfast. I felt a little more foggy today and sometimes in a bit of a daze but could shake out of it. My eyes were feeling a little saw which I thought was from using the computer so much but when I looked in the mirror my pupils were really dilated from mid morning till about 2pm and I noticed once they settled I felt better too. I still haven't lost the desire to eat yet so I guess it will take longer to build up in my body. I am sticking very close to calorie intake and feel motivated to do so.

Can anyone tell me if it is normal to still be hungry at day 3 on 30mg? I started to see on some threads that some people notice almost immediately that they aren't hungry.

2. Nattynat

Nattynat Member
    Registered

Hi Jack73,
    Im taking 30mg too. During my first week on Duromine, I was not hungry at all, but I still ate 5 to six meals a day. In my second week, there were days when I get hungry and days when i'm not. Try your best to overcome the hunger urges with water. Try and drink 3 liters of water. Or chew Gum.
    I wish you all the best:)

3. Jack73

Jack73 New Member
    Registered

Thanks Nattynat,
    I was becoming quite disappointed and thinking my tablets are a dud. I used chewing gum this afternoon to stop the urge to explore for food. At tea I made sure my main meal was served on a bread and butter plate. Trying to make my meals smaller and that way maybe my stomach will shrink too. After tea I was full which is rare for me so here is hoping these meds are starting to work and I've increased my water again this afternoon. I guess I will be up all night to the loo.
    Thanks again.

4. Nattynat

Nattynat Member
    Registered

No worries Jack73,
    I understand it's frustrating feeling hungry when the pill doesn't suppress your appetite. I try my best to stay busy & active during the day to stop thinking about being hungry. I noticed I get more hungry when I train at the gym. When I go to the gym I eat more protein, to give me energy, because my pill hasn't given me extra energy people have experienced whilst on it.

Thats great you got full after tea, that means the pills are finally working YAY.
    Dont worry to much about the pill not working, try your best to stay active & continue to eat small meals.
    I think the best thing to stop feeling hungry is to eat at least 5 to 6 meals a day. For instance I eat this: Breakfast oats with cottage cheese, Snack Half an apple, Lunch, sandwich Rye bread with Ham & salad, Snack Yogurt & 6 unsalted almonds, Dinner, Steak & Veggies. I Drink 3 Liters of water sometimes more when I train at the gym to stay hydrated. I'm a coffee drinker I try my best to have two per day.

You will be fine, stay positive,remember we all understand how hard it is to lose weight and we all have individual different experiences using duromine.

Good luck, I hope you achieve your goal:)