New member - day one

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Cass11, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Cass11

Cass11 New Member
    Registered

Hi all,

I'm a new user of Duromine and therefore a new member of this forum! I'm 26 and currently weigh 86 kilos. I've been overweight pretty much since after high school - I guess the uni life and then career got in the way of exercise and eating well. I've tried to lose weight before, through exercise and changing my diet, to some success. But I struggled to maintain it after six months. My sister told me of a friend who was on Duromine, and after some research on the net, I went to my doctor this morning and was able to get a prescription for it. Took my first tablet at 9:30am this morning. I decided to look up some similar stories to mine and came upon this forum. I look forward to reading everyone's stories and sharing mine too.

So far, after only two hours, I don't feel much different, except for maybe a little more energy - but that could be just excitement! I'm worried about the possible side effects of lack of sleep and headaches as I am succeptible to those already. But I am excited to see how this journey transforms me.

More to come ...
    Cass

2. Mel_

Mel_ New Member
    Registered

Welcome Cass!! Im on day 2 of duromine (30mg) so far the only side effects i have experienced was a dy mouth! I too get bad headaches but so far so good! I think maybe the headache side of things may be the detoxing everyone must go through. I had already started a healthy eating plan 2 weeks ago so hopefully i might skip the headaches!! I slept fine last night but am up early which is fairly usual anyway.
    Goodluck with everything I hope it all works out for you.

3. Ronic1901

Ronic1901 New Member
    Registered

Hi there, my friend told me about duromine. I was researching it when I came across this forum. Just wanted to ask you guys how is it going, and if it is effective?

4. Cass11

Cass11 New Member
    Registered

Hi Mel,

How is it going for you so far? I barely slept the first night, but the last two nights it has gotten slightly better each time. Apart from a dry mouth and a few dull headaches, it hasn't been too bad. A week before I started Duromine I had cut my portion sizes down considerably, so I think it is helping this transition, and hopefully when I stop taking it as well. I'm eating very healthy, but I am finding it hard to work out if I'm eating enough. I feel full so I don't want to eat more, but I worry that maybe I am not eating enough; counting calories I sometimes only eat 700-900 calories daily. Normally that would mean I am putting my body in starvation mode, but because I am on Duromine I wonder if that amount of calories is okay. If anyone knows, please let me know :)

5. Cass11

Cass11 New Member
    Registered

Hi Ronic,

So far it is going well - I weighed myself 2 days in and had lost 600 grams. But I won't weigh myself that often - only once a week, so won't know real results until then. It seems to be very effective - my hunger and want for food has decreased incredibly.