New member - curious

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Myra250, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Myra250

Myra250 New Member
    Registered

Hi Everyone,

I am a 30 year old 170cm female in South Africa
    I weigh 88kgs
    I was hoping today I would see my Dr so I can start on Duromine. He is only available 2 weeks from now.
    My goal weight is 72kgs....so i need to lose 16kgs

I feel like this weight is affecting my confidence level.

I am so glad i have joined this forum

2. Lillybetts

Lillybetts New Member
    Registered

Hi Myra.

I have just started on Duromine myself. I am on the 15mg and only on day 5 so far.

I have 22.4kgs to loose :)

Best of luck

3. Myra250

Myra250 New Member
    Registered

Thanks Lilly and all the best to you too
    I hope the side effects are not severe

4. MrsRod

MrsRod New Member
    Registered

Hi Myra250,

I too am from South Africa. I am 1.67m and currently weighing 88.9kg. I have been on an eating plan for 3 1/2 weeks now and I took Duromine for 8 days. Unfortunately I stopped taking them as in week 2 when I started taking them my weight loss came to a halt and I actually picked up. I was not sure if the meds had a role to play or not so for the last week and a half I have not taken them and have lost weigh but slowly. I do however plan to take them again next week and then compare my weight loss. So far I have only managed to loose 4.3kg in 22 days. My mother and sister had fab results and the side effects are different for everyone. The golden one rule is to drink WATER and WATER and more WATER ! and to take the meds as early as possible to prevent you having sleepless nights (6am - 7am).

My weight has been as follows: Week one - 93.4kg, 91.3kg, 91kg, 91.4kg, 90.4kg, 90.1kg, 90kg (loss 3.4kg)
    Week two - 90kg, 90kg, 90.3kg, 90.0 kg, 90.2kg, 89.7kg (loss 300g) full week on Duromine
    Week three - 89.7kg, 89.8kg, 89.4kg, 89.2kg, 89.2kg, 89.0kg ,88.9kg (loss 800g)

So wishing you the very best on your weight loss journey and the one thing I have learnt from all this is patience. Some people loss a lot of weight quickly...I sadly am not one of them so hang in there whether you are one of the lucky ones or not as we are all on the same journey to a healthier versions of ourselves.

5. Myra250

Myra250 New Member
    Registered

Thanks Mrs Rod, I am just a bit nervous about Duromine hey
    Last year i visited a dietician and with a balanced diet and gym i lost 13kg, only to fall pregnant.
    I am really desperate right now cause I was once a size 28.
    with 2 kids, i understand i cant go back to that.
    I just want to be a comfortable size 34/36 with a weight of 72-75kg

We need to encourage each other and yes we can do it.

Keep well