New member Auckland New Zealand

Discussion in 'Doctors & Clinics' started by Blakenz, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Blakenz

Blakenz New Member
    Registered

Hi All. Like many... desperate to lose weight. BMI 36, 110kg, overweight majority of my life. Nothing new. I researched online and absolutely inspired by the success stories of people using Duromine to assist them achieve their goals; so off to the Doctor I go... before the word Duromine left my lips the answer was no. So anti... so negative. I have had this response from 3 GP's now. None willing to talk to me about me being overweight, what I am doing to lose weight etc etc. The best advice my $37 can buy from a GP is "eat less!" Sigh!

So my question is, can anyone point me in the right direction for a GP in Auckland that understands the drug, understands how to manage the prescribe it safely etc... makes the effort to help people to lose weight. Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated. Regards

2. roxibutterfly

roxibutterfly New Member
    Registered

That really sux!
    I hope you find a good Doctor who can help you.

3. cee

cee New Member
    Registered

did you have any luck Blake?

4. cee

cee New Member
    Registered

did you have any luck Blake?

5. Roze_c

Roze_c New Member
    Registered

Hey Blake, Im in auckland too. Did you have any luck finding a doctor here to prescribe it to you?

6. Kylie Luond

Kylie Luond New Member
    Registered

I'm in taranaki, weigh 97.5kgs height 165cm, I went to my go, didn't even ask for duromine directly, I said I had been trying to do to loose weight and she recommended it to me. Maybe try another doc, and go on saying what you have done so far, and say you need help. And see what they suggest. Drug people try to get their hands on this as its suppose to be like legal speed. Which is weird I don't get any high effects. Been on it for 2 days now. Something I have noticed on here is there is a substitute in Aussie that does the same thing and no script required? Maybe have a look at peoples posts and order online if doctors still won't help

7. JacquiRose

JacquiRose Member
    Registered

I had no problems with my doc. I spent more time in the waiting room than in my appointment. My bml is 42 tho so I desperately need some drastic changes. I hope you find some help!

8. mummajessjess

mummajessjess New Member
    Registered

the way I approached my dr was I said something like-so i have been trying to lose weight and my major problem is with my appetite- I have heard there is a prescribed appetite suppressant that can help, I realize that you cant just take a pill the weight falls off and its all over and I don't expect it to be a quick answer but feel like I can use it to kick start my eating habits etc- I meant everything I said to my dr but I think it actually helps if they know that your not just wanting the easy way out that your are aware that there is also work you have to do to lose weight...I think in my case that once you start losing it it keeps you motivated to stay on track...I hope you can find someone that can listen to you and help-good luck

Kate likes this.
  9. scorpinwelly

scorpinwelly New Member
    Registered

Hi there

I'm in Wellington. I have researched lots about Duromine, and think it would be worth a go. I'm 177cm tall - and around 140kg. I have been to my doctor and he wont prescribe any weight loss pills. Does anyone know any doctors in Wellington who do? Really appreciate any help finding a doctor thanks

10. Nikki9122

Nikki9122 New Member
    Registered

East tamaki health care in Dannemora and Manurewa both prescribed it to me but some doctors were hesitant but when i said i did research and my dad is on it they were fine with :)

11. sarah123

sarah123 New Member
    Registered

Hi there ..
    I was thinking about making an appointment with these guys my bmi is just on 30 do you think I will have any luck ?

12. Kellyk2

Kellyk2 New Member
    Registered

Hi guys -
    My BMI is 35. Im 97.5kg and 168cm.

I had read on here that some doctors wont prescribe it, so I went prepared!

As soon as I mentioned the D-word, my doc was shaking her head but I persevered and told her I knew that if I don't change my eating habits, the weight will come back on. I told her I wanted 30mg for two months, and then 15mg for 1 month, then after that, I will go on the 5:2 diet.

I also told her I had been exercising 5 days a week and had tried the Dukan diet for 5 weeks and had only lost 3kgs (which I put back on)

Honestly she was really hesitant but then finally said yes when I said to her "Look, I know my body. I would really appreciate the chance to do this, you've known me for a while now and you can see I'm a responsible person. If I have any bad side effects, I will stop straight away"

Just be honest and show them that you have done your research, and be persistent. The doctor is there to help you and Duromine is a legal, approved medication. If you have a BMI over 30, don't have high blood pressure or any other meds it will interfere with, then there is really no reason why they shouldn't give it to you. Maybe my sales background helped, but I just didn't take no for an answer!

13. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

You are totally right, Kelly. Unfortunately many people do not think this way and still try to buy D from somebody who doesn't need it anymore or any leftovers, when doctor refuses to prescribe it to them. It's a risk, I see a lot of messages here from people, saying 'Where can I buy?' 'Who can sell it to me?' etc. Which I'm sure most of them have a few kgs to lose and obviously the doc would not prescribe D in this case, but who cares?:p))) Everybody is looking for a magic pill. So annoying...:rolleyes:

I understand that stories are different, and some people really need it, it's just the docs won't prescribe them for some reason only they know... but still, how can they ask for buying from people they don't know?
    I appreciate experience like yours, thank you for sharing your story, maybe it will teach someone to prepare better before attending the doctor. I believe if your BMI is way above normal and your overweight is life threatening, or you just can't lose it, the doctor should understand and prescribe Duromine to you. Because if you have any severe side effects on it, you can always stop using it IMHO.

Now, you have to stay motivated and persistent, because it is quite easy at first and very difficult later. I mean the diet and physical activity. We all have families, and usually our partners and kids do not support the same diet as we do. I wish you patience and strong will power.;)

14. Kellyk2

Kellyk2 New Member
    Registered

Thank you. I got my script filled this morning but I thought it was a bit too late in the day (11am) to take it, so I will be starting first thing tomorrow morning. I'm very excited and raring to go!

I do understand some Doctors may have reservations prescribing Duromine but I do appreciate my doctor listening to me and allowing me a chance to try it. I guess it shows that its worth having a good relationship with your doctor. And it's fair enough for them to refuse it for the reasons I put in my last post (BP, other medications etc), but just to say 'no, I don't prescribe it' isn't really fair IMO

As for buying it on the net illegally, that's more than silly!

I'll update again tomorrow night and let everyone know how I go with my first day.

15. Emilia

Emilia Guest

I do have Duromine 30mg and 40mg, i have 10 box of 30mg and 50 box of 40mg kindly let me know if you are interested. Kindly contact by downloading the app Wickr from your Play or AppStore for more information and add up (thomas01)

HunTay likes this.
  16. Shelllux

Shelllux New Member
    Registered

Hi Emilia
    Are you in Auckland I’m wanting to buy 1month of the 30 mg

17. Shelllux

Shelllux New Member
    Registered

Hi are you in Auckland at all wanting 30mg just one month supply

18. pebbles01

pebbles01 New Member
    Registered

Hi kelly , how do we create a post on a forum ?

19. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Check your PM. I gave you the answer there.

20. HunTay

HunTay New Member
    Registered

Hey, I’ve been using this throughout my weight loss and now I’m in NZ I scared I’m not gonna get a prescription , I run out next weds .

If you have the 40s still available I’d be interested as long they are in the sealed blister packs

Im not sure how to add you to get some boxes off you .