New here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by newtothis, Sep 17, 2014.

1. newtothis

newtothis New Member
    Registered

Hi just a little intro. I am mum to 4 beautiful kids youngest 8 months. Have always been a little curvy around an aus size 12. After having last bub I have ballooned to a size 16 and pushing it. I have a big tummy overhang which I hate!

I have normally lost most of the weight after having the older children but just can't seem to lose it after #4. I am heavier now then I was when I was pregnant with him. Weighing in at 88kgs on a 161cm frame. I would like to get back to my weight of 65cms just 2 years ago after having #3.

So today is day 1 of Duromine. So far nothing too bad. A little head fuzziness. Will see how I sleep tonight as I heard that's the worst part.

Would love to chat to others on this journey and share our experiences. Good luck everyone

2. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Welcome! :)

newtothis likes this.
  3. Hazel69

Hazel69 New Member
    Registered

Hi Newtothis, I am on day 6 at the moment. I have lost 2 kg (down from 87.4 at 163cm or so). I had my first full night's sleep last night (god it felt good!), and my hunger is virtually non existent (on 30mg). I get a few aches/pains in my tummy which are probably hunger pangs, but they are surprisingly easy to live with. I am surprised at the end of the day when I sit down to write what I have eaten, that it is so little. I haven't done as much walking as I should, as have been pretty busy. I have found giving up alcohol too difficult, but note that tonight I have a full face flush from the red wine (it could also be the warmth from the fire), and wondered if duromine inhibits alcohol dehydrogenase? but can't find any evidence. SO - looking forward to chatting. good luck!

4. newtothis

newtothis New Member
    Registered

Hi hazel69.
    Good loss for you! I rarely drink so can't help on that front.
    Last night I got about 4 hrs broken sleep. Amazingly got out of bed at 530 with hubby and I don't even feel tired today! House is looking good too lol. Day 2 and I went for a good walk this morning. Hoping to lose 2kgs this week if I eat well too.

christine V likes this.
  5. newtothis

newtothis New Member
    Registered

Day 2 done. Feeling pretty good. Slept much better last night. Here's hoping that continues. How are you guys going?

6. Hazel69

Hazel69 New Member
    Registered

Hi newtothis. Today is day 8. I have lost 2.5kg so far. the 'hot flushes' have continued, and I have discovered are reasonably common with duromine. interesting. does anyone know if this is a circulation/blood pressure thing or a hormonal impact? Although I am fed up with constantly having a dry mouth, it does mean i drink lots of water all day, which had got to be good. And so week 2 commences... hows you all?