New here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by newtothis, Sep 17, 2014.

1. newtothis

newtothis New Member
    Registered

Hi just a little intro. I am mum to 4 beautiful kids youngest 8 months. Have always been a little curvy around an aus size 12. After having last bub I have ballooned to a size 16 and pushing it. I have a big tummy overhang which I hate!

I have normally lost most of the weight after having the older children but just can't seem to lose it after #4. I am heavier now then I was when I was pregnant with him. Weighing in at 88kgs on a 161cm frame. I would like to get back to my weight of 65cms just 2 years ago after having #3.

So today is day 1 of Duromine. So far nothing too bad. A little head fuzziness. Will see how I sleep tonight as I heard that's the worst part.

Would love to chat to others on this journey and share our experiences. Good luck everyone

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Welcome! :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    newtothis likes this.
  3. Hazel69

Hazel69 New Member
    Registered

Hi Newtothis, I am on day 6 at the moment. I have lost 2 kg (down from 87.4 at 163cm or so). I had my first full night's sleep last night (god it felt good!), and my hunger is virtually non existent (on 30mg). I get a few aches/pains in my tummy which are probably hunger pangs, but they are surprisingly easy to live with. I am surprised at the end of the day when I sit down to write what I have eaten, that it is so little. I haven't done as much walking as I should, as have been pretty busy. I have found giving up alcohol too difficult, but note that tonight I have a full face flush from the red wine (it could also be the warmth from the fire), and wondered if duromine inhibits alcohol dehydrogenase? but can't find any evidence. SO - looking forward to chatting. good luck!

4. newtothis

newtothis New Member
    Registered

Hi hazel69.
    Good loss for you! I rarely drink so can't help on that front.
    Last night I got about 4 hrs broken sleep. Amazingly got out of bed at 530 with hubby and I don't even feel tired today! House is looking good too lol. Day 2 and I went for a good walk this morning. Hoping to lose 2kgs this week if I eat well too.

christine V likes this.
  5. newtothis

newtothis New Member
    Registered

Day 2 done. Feeling pretty good. Slept much better last night. Here's hoping that continues. How are you guys going?

6. Hazel69

Hazel69 New Member
    Registered

Hi newtothis. Today is day 8. I have lost 2.5kg so far. the 'hot flushes' have continued, and I have discovered are reasonably common with duromine. interesting. does anyone know if this is a circulation/blood pressure thing or a hormonal impact? Although I am fed up with constantly having a dry mouth, it does mean i drink lots of water all day, which had got to be good. And so week 2 commences... hows you all?