New from SA... and tempted, yet terrified, to try Duromine

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Poob, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Poob

Poob New Member
    Registered

Hi everyone

I found this forum whilst surfing around for information on Duromine. I live in JHB South Africa and as the title says - I am tempted, yet terrified to try Duromine.

I am probably the opposite of a hypochondriac as I HATE anything being wrong with me, and I HATE running to the doctors unless I absolutely need to do so. Along with this, as you can imagine, I HATE taking pills of any sort. I do not even take vitamins because I believe in getting nutrition from good food rather than a synthetic source (I am a biochemist which does not help my paranoia lol).

I started off at 120kg. Last year April 2012 (29th to be exact) I started the weight loss journey as I had officially reached my highest weight ever in the history of all my 36 years. So far I have lost 15kg and my weight is now steady at the 105kg mark. I achieved this by following the Paleo diet, but I had many cheats in between yet still managed to lose 15kg.

However, I am now feeling stuck. I seem to have this constant need to pick, pick, pick all day - even after having breakfast. Because of the picking, and usually on the wrong things as well, I am not losing and thankfully I am not gaining either.

My husband is currently taking Duromine 30mg and is doing super well. He has lost 10kg in 5 weeks, and is currently on the first week of his second box of Duromine. He has four months worth in the drawer... hence my temptation...

My other concern is that I have just come off four months of Roaccutane (been clear of Roaccutance for one month exactly). Apparently it takes up to six months to clear out of the system which makes me hesitant to go onto anything else.

Does anyone have any info or advice? Will Duromine help me stop picking? I want to try it, but gosh I am really so worried :(

2. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello Poob!

First of all I would like to thank you for such pleasant reading, because I really enjoyed your literate style of writing!
    Secondly, I understand your concern about the pills, because I am that kind of person who doesn't like to take medicines.
    I used to believe that the best and most healthy way to get all nutrients, is food. But then I read that in order to get for example, enough of calcium, you need to eat
    cottage cheese, cream, drink milk all day long and still, you will not get any closer to optimal amount for your body.
    Well, yes most of vitamin complex contain a bunch of different vitamins that probably can't be mixed.

As far as I understood, your husband has no side effects and the result is good. However it doesn't mean the same for you.
    Well, no one can guarantee you that duromine will stop you from picking, unless you try it.
    What I do know is that duromine helped me and I reconsidered all my lifestyle since I started it for the first time.
    It means that I changed my daily diet, added some exercises, later went to gym and hired personal coach...
    Well, my family tried to support me too...but not for long) ) Kids love to eat snacks and different sweet stuff...

The problem is that many change their diet radically - I mean, they start taking Duromine and eating just fruits or vegetables...only it is not enough.
    Although the body must lose weight, it still needs to get nutrients for energy, otherwise it leads to fatigue and weakness, as a result people drop the pills
    and start eating even more than before.

I suggest you to read some more successful stories here on the forum and then decide. Everybody is different and has different opinion or experience.

Good luck and take care! :)

Kate

P.S. I am sorry for such long and boring (maybe?) reply. Was inspired by yours) ) )

3. Poob

Poob New Member
    Registered

Thank you for your reply Kate :)

Just after I posted this, I remembered that I may have to go in for surgery at the end of March. So I have decided to avoid the Duromine for now, or at least until I know if I will be in for surgery. The havoc that Duromine and anesthetic drugs could create is mind boggling, so rather safe than sorry. I don't want to start now and risk the drug being in my system even if I stop one week before going in.

I am going to keep visiting the forum as I am still on the fence either way. I will no doubt give it a 30 day trial once this surgery is over and done with though :D

May I ask how long you took Duromine for, and at what strength?

4. Sarah_Fors

Sarah_Fors New Member
    Registered

It's really interesting reading all the stories on this forum and understanding other peoples struggles with weight loss. It's something I've been struggling with myself for about as long as I can remember so it's nice to know ohers are in the same boat. Recently I've been looking into plastic surgery brisbane and had an appointtment with this one place but now I might check out duromine as an alternative option

#4 Sarah_Fors, Mar 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2017