New Duromine User :) Any tips would be great!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by sar1296, Apr 28, 2018.

1. sar1296

sar1296 New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    79.6kg
    Height:
    155cm
    Goal Weight:
    55kg
    Hey everyone!

I started on 30mg Duromine on the 26th of April - very much still a newbie. I was put on Duromine by my doctor after many failed attempts of trying to lose weight. As an Italian with a beautiful big family, I am constantly surrounded by delicious (not so good for me) food. Hence I have found gaining weight to be very easy but losing weight very difficult - like everyone else I suppose. I also have a boyfriend who can eat as much as he wants and not put on a darn kilo - which I'm only 'slightly' jealous of haha.

I measured myself on the scales (after much avoidance of the darn things) and was shocked to see that I had almost hit 80kg. To me, this was completely devastating and really motivated me to push forward on this weight loss journey. 80kg to some people may be their goal weight, but at only 155cm (5'1'') realistically I need to lose at least 20kg.

So far I haven't experienced too many side effects. The only things that I've noticed are:
    1. Dry mouth occasionally - which I think is probably a good thing anyway as it's encouraging me to drink more water
    2. Restless sleep - but improving (I had 3hrs the first night, and 6hrs the second night. We shall see how tonight pans out haha!)
    3. Increased heart rate at really weird times i.e. sitting still or right before I'm going to bed

On a positive note, I'm not experiencing my usual cravings and do not feel the need to eat as much as I would normally. I have a lot more energy and I'm finding a lot easier than expected. I found that a lot of the reviews about Duromine (not on this site but others) are quite negative so I preempted a terrible experience - but I have been pleasantly surprised.

Overall my goal weight is 55kg. I'll be weighing myself and taking measurements each week on a Thursday (random day I know) to track my progress.

If anyone is in a similar experience or has hints/tips to recommend in regards to what you eat and when you eat it please feel free to share! Looking forward to seeing my progress at the end of this journey :)

Rava, April and Jana like this.
  2. Natalie74

Natalie74 New Member
    Registered

Hi sar1296 I'm in Australia as well. We seem to so similar. I'm the same height but weighing 80.9kgs. My dr put me on duramine yesterday at 30mgs as well. Took my first tablet at 7.30 this morning and already having headache, dry throat, tiredness and have never gone to the toilet so much even after having 4 kids. I really am hoping that this works and would love any tips as well.

sar1296 and April like this.
  3. CSA

CSA New Member
    Registered

The restless nights are a bit of a pain but I found that making sure I take my tablet first thing in the morning does help a bit and also having no caffeine during the day. I did have headaches when I first started but I think these may have also been from my body not getting all the crap I usually give it (like caffeine and sugar) because I just didn’t have any cravings for those things anymore. I started drinking a LOT of water and that seemed to help the headaches (and dry mouth). I lost 20kgs with the help of duromine so don’t be discouraged by the early side effects, your body needs a minute to adjust. As far as tips, get yourself a good eating and exercise plan for when you stop taking the tablets and look for a good kilojoules/calorie tracker. This has really helped me to keep the weight that I lost off (for the most part with a kg up over the holidays) because when you realize the amount of kilojoules that something’s have in them you honestly won’t even want them anymore because they’re just not worth it! It also helped me to get to know what to have when I did want a chocolate or something like that. Best of luck with your weight loss journey!

Rava and sar1296 like this.
  4. Lottie86

Lottie86 Member
    Registered

I take my pill first thing (normally 445am, I start work around 530am that’s why) and by 8pm you’re ready for bed.

My main issue is the dry mouth, it’s driving me bonkers lol

sar1296 likes this.
  5. Determined93

Determined93 Member
    Registered

@Lottie86 the dry mouth drives me nuts too. I drink so much more water now because of it which is good but I find that it is affecting my sleep because I am constantly needing to get up and pee.

sar1296 likes this.
  6. Zelinda70

Zelinda70 New Member
    Registered

Try sugarfree gum or spray for dry mouth..its helps a liitle

Rava and sar1296 like this.
  7. sar1296

sar1296 New Member
    Registered

Hi Natalie74, sorry I should really be checking back on this thread more often! How is everything going? I hope the side effects have eased for you. They definitely eased off for me after the first week, and I'm finally getting a good night sleep which is great!

8. sar1296

sar1296 New Member
    Registered

Thank you for the tips CSA! 20kg is amazing! I like the idea of a kilojoules/calorie tracker. I used to use My Fitness Pal so I'll have to get that going again. At the moment I've just been following a lot of health bloggers and getting recipe/meal ideas from them - which has been great.
    Trying to keep caffeine has helped too - although I will admit it was hard at first. Down to one cup of coffee a day which is impressive for me haha

9. sar1296

sar1296 New Member
    Registered

Dry mouth is still driving me nuts too! Doesn't look like it will be going away either haha. In saying that, I've found drinking more water has really helped clear up my skin, so I can't complain too much!

10. sar1296

sar1296 New Member
    Registered

Time has flown by since the first time I posted! Progress has been pretty great so far -

26th April - 79.6kg
    3rd May - 74.6kg

Total weight loss in first week = 5kg

I was very shocked to see this result after one week. Definitely cannot complain with a total loss of 5kg! I understand that majority of that will be water weight, but nevertheless I am over the moon. Progress is progress right?

Next weigh in is tomorrow (eek!). Definitely not expecting anywhere near another 5kg lost, but am hoping I've shed another 1-2kg since the 3rd of May.

All the best everyone :)

11. sar1296

sar1296 New Member
    Registered

Just a quick progress update! 3rd week in and very happy with the results.

Original weight - 79.6kg
    After 1 week - 74.6kg (5kg loss)
    After 2 weeks - 73.8kg (0.8kg loss)
    After 3 weeks - 72.2kg (1.6kg loss)

Total weight loss so far = 7.4kg

Hope everyone else is going well too :)

TeeDee67 and Rava like this.
  12. Rava

Rava Member
    Registered

You have done amazingly well in your 3 weeks!

Go you! 7.4kg is fantastic! :)