Need advice urgently please?

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by Zama, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Zama

Zama New Member
    Registered

I'm on day 4 of Duromine and I havnt any weight but have instead gained a kg. Is this normal, will I lose any weight at all? I drink quiet abit of water and eat healthy small meals. I was also told that duromine would take the hunger away yet I still feel hungry at times and crave junk food!Will I lose any weight by day 7, I don't want to of have spent so much money for nothing!:confused:

2. Holli

Holli New Member
    Registered

Hello Zama,

Not sure what to say tbh, I have heard a few other people on here talking about how duromine does not take away the hunger.

For me I find that if i think about eating food that I like (pizza, ice-creams etc) i can still eat it all while on duromine. What I try to do is eat a whole bunch of healthy food that i do not enjoy eating (vegetables etc). That way I eat way less and also eat more healthy food. I think duromone does supress appetite if you are hungry, but if your eating food because your bored or you will enjoy it, it doesn't really help that.

I also find it a really good idea to come up with a amount of calories that you will eat daily and work around that. This helps me eat food, even when i do not feel like it :)

Hope this helps.

3. Farmchic

Farmchic New Member
    Registered

Hi Zama,
    When I started on Duromine I found the best thing to do is not to get on the scales for a couple of weeks (yup, I know that's really hard). I have found a few other things which have really helped me...Firstly, I bought a portion control plate,which has helped me get some realistic idea of how much food I should have on my plate. I can't believe how much I used to pile on my plate (and I used to use one of those giant resturant sized ones!!) I have found planning what I am going to eat to be essential. Maybe you could write a list of some foods which you like which are healthy and cook a different one each night - I did this and I looked forward to eating them. I make sure that I have fruit which I like in the fridge - at the moment I have mangoes and cherries and this helps me to make better choices about what I should eat. I have also re-gifted all the chocolate which I was given for Christmas and made sure that my fridge doesn't have anything in it which might challenge my willpower too much.
    I also make a point of never watching tv, reading or standing when I am eating. I make myself sit at the table (with a knife and fork, so it takes longer to eat) and focus on what I am doing and tasting. I find that I feel fuller this way and remember what I have eaten.
    Sorry for raving, but I hope that some of what is working for me might work for you too. Keep going..