MyTimes 3 Month Journey on Duromine

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by MyTime, Jan 8, 2012.

1. MyTime

MyTime New Member
    Registered

Well i thought i would start a journal here so i can track my progress and maybe even help others in the future during their journeys.

Its my first day on 40mg of Duromine. I took it at 7am. My stats are -

8/1/12 - Day 1 87.1kg

This is the second time i will have tried duromine the first time was 12 months ago and it didnt work for me as i was started on an extremly low dose and only got to 40 mg by month 3 and by this time i was so disheartened by the lack of weightloss i didnt actually take my last months pills - silly i know.

But this time i went to my GP and asked for 40mg to start with and thankfully she agreed. Its expensive to take the smaller mg pills when i know they dont work for me.

Diet and exercise wise, Im going to try and stick to a high protein / low carb diet, eating little but often. Ive booked 13 session of hypoxi which are 3 a week starting from tomorrow, so hopefully everything combined will give my weightloss a great start. I also want to start doing my 30 day shred dvd but i dont think i should try and plan too much and overload myself as i will only fail :( i know me :(

Anyway - here goes! I hope someothers decide to join me on my three month journey :)

My Time x

2. MyTime

MyTime New Member
    Registered

Well in hind-sight it wasn't the best idea to start my diet yesterday as I was at a party all day surrounded by wonderful food which I washed down with lots of cocktails lol. I only started yesterday because Im hoping the my sleeping pattern will (if it was going to be affected by the meds) get back into more of a routine quicker as I'm a gal who likes and needs her sleep.

Today I feel very nervous and edgy, been awake since 2am :( I feel really strange to the extent that I wasn't going to take my pill today but after nearly keeling over after running for my train this morning I know I need to do this.

So pill popped! Planning and drinking loads of water and eating a very low carb diet today. Will report back later.

My time

3. MyTime

MyTime New Member
    Registered

Well day went well. I felt really hot all day but never hungry to the extent that I forgot to eat! It was my first day back at work so I was really busy, the day just flew by. I didn't eat correctly yesterday, as I wasn't prepared but I will today.

Yesterdays food intake-

Breakfast - nothing
    Lunch - an apple
    Dinner - homemade beef madras (very small potion) made with just spices, beef stock and lean beef.

I did drink lots of water, I took the stairs at work and did an hypoxi session which included 30 on the exercise bike.

Weight this morning 87.2kg that's an increase of 0.1kg :(

Hoping for a better day today and better results tomorrow

My time

4. MyTime

MyTime New Member
    Registered

Well yesterday went really well! I still feel as though I'm burning up but it's not unpleasant and my sleeping routine is shot, I'm averaging around 4 hours disturbed sleep a night. I also have a raging thirst.

My food choices were a lot better

Breakfast - a boiled egg
    Snack - an apple
    Lunch - grilled chicken
    Dinner - salad

I also drank loads of water.

I havent weighed myself yet as it's still only 3:45am so I will ost an update in a couple of hours.

One thing I have noticed is that I haven't been to the toilet properly since starting the meds when normally I'm very regular. Will increase my water in take and hope that helps

My time

5. Shanlei

Shanlei New Member
    Registered

well i started my journey on sunday, I live in Perth too... Im experiencing everything you are. To combat the sleep thing I take Mersyndol (which u buy over the counter) take two and a good nights sleep. I have to get sleep as i work 70 hours a week :(. Today i had celery, strawberries and an apple for dinner, cant stomach much else on the 40mg. As for the toilet thing, I hear u there, I drink atleast 5 litres of water a day and it doesnt help, if u find something good to fix this let me know. As for burning up, well everyone at work knows what i am doing and are very supportive... they put the aircon up for me to help me. We even compare lunches now to see who has the healthiest. Its good to have a support base. Mind u my husband and kids had pizza for dinner tonight... grrrrrrrr ..... i felt like crying while i ate my stupid apple. Guess it will be worth it in the end. I know the side effects to ware off, ive been on duromine before and lost 38kg in 6 months so it does work so dont loose faith.

Shan

6. MyTime

MyTime New Member
    Registered

Hi Shan!

Thanks for joining in, it was getting lonely here! I'm not struggling with food at the moment but that's only because Ive only had to cook for myself this week. This does change tonight though so we will have to see how I get on.

I've decided that although I took my first pill on Sunday, I didn't really start the diet plan until Monday due to that party so I'm altering my day numbers. So today is day 4

I ate more yesterday to try and help me go to the toilet which worked.

Food wise I had

Breakfast - boiled egg
    Lunch - chicken salad
    Dinner - spag Bol without the spag made with turkey mince.

I drink about 5 lts of water yesterday too!

Weight this morning

86.4kg
    = -0.8kg

Not too bad after three full days.

My time x

7. MyTime

MyTime New Member
    Registered

My weightloss should read-

Start weight 9th Jan 87.1kg
    Current weight 12th Jan 86.4 kg
    Total loss to date 0.7kg

8. MyTime

MyTime New Member
    Registered

Whoop whoop!

Just weighed myself and I'm 85.8kg that's 1.3kg loss since Monday!

Drank at the 4lts of water yesday and food wise I had -

Breakfast - boiled egg ( didn't eat the yolk)
    Lunch - chicken salad
    Dinner - grilled chicken

Side affects are still ongoing the only one that really gets to me is the fact I feel as though I'm burning up all of the time everything else is ok to deal with.

My time

9. MyTime

MyTime New Member
    Registered

Weigh the same today as yesterday was my day off the no alcohol train  had a few drinks after work but food wise I was really good.

Back on tract today, looking forward to a healthy food and no alcohol day :)

10. pg2011

pg2011 New Member
    Registered

hi

im on duromine 30mg for a week now and only lost 0.8kg

very disappointed

my diet is as follows:
    duromine pill at 6am
    bfast- oats
    snack- apple
    lunch - curried sandwich or greek salad
    supper- curry
    snack- coffee with 2 biscuits

any tips will be appreciated.

as a mum with 2 sml kids its very difficult for me to go to gym after work so dnt exercise much except running after kids...

very disappointed with slow results

11. kazba

kazba New Member
    Registered

I've read that Senna Tea is very good for helping with constipation and just be careful how much water you consume. 5 litres sounds like a lot and you can actually overdose on water - just be careful there. Also, I read that if you take your meds at 4am it helps. I've not slept since Tuesday night...its now Saturday morning. Ima gunna give the 4am meds a try!!!! Keep up the excellent work - you'll get there :)