My Weightloss Adventures on Duromine 15

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by skinnymee, Jan 21, 2018.

1. skinnymee

skinnymee Member
    Registered

Over the past 2 years my weight ballooned to 92kgs from waaaaay too much of the 'good life' and not enough movement. A friend gave me one 30mg tablet about two months ago and, after taking it I knew right away that Duromine would help me to make the changes I need to lose 20+ kgs and get fit and healthy again. My heart pounded on the 30mg and my mouth was so incredibly dry that no amount of water could satiate it, so I thought, perhaps 30mg is a little strong for me. 3 days ago I began a course of Duromine 15mg and I am delighted with my experience and the results so far!

I have more energy than I have had in a long time. I have not been hungry or, if I think I might be, I tune in and see if I really am. 99% of the time I have noticed that it's merely habit and I am not, in fact, hungry. I am eating smaller portions and little to no carbs. I am also not snacking between meals because I am simply just not hungry. I feel focused and alert and have no side effects other than being slightly more thirsty than usual. I gave up alcohol 2 weeks prior to commencing Duromine (a big feat for me and also the biggest culprit in putting on the weight in the first place, but I knew I just had to do it). I have been drinking distilled water, sparkling water and, on occasion, kombucha instead.

Yesterday I walked to a friend's for breakfast and home again (8kms). This morning I weighed myself to discover I have already lost 2.5kgs! This is an incredible boost when just starting out and I am so grateful to have found this solution because I was pretty much at my wits end about what to do.

Start Date: 19 Jan
    Current Date: 21 Jan
    Start Weight: 92kgs
    Current Weight: 89.5kgs
    Weightloss: 2.5kgs
    Height: 178cm
    Mini Goal: 80kgs
    Goal Weight: 70kgs

With all the money I am saving on restaurant food and alcohol, I am putting aside for a trip to Chile at Easter. Instead of rewarding myself with food, I will reward myself with new holiday clothes once I reach my goal :) I am super excited to see what the next week holds and I hope this has helped someone in some way.

Happy weight loss!

2. Wenz34

Wenz34 New Member
    Registered

Oh my hat well done!!!!

3. skinnymee

skinnymee Member
    Registered

Thanks Wenz! I have a few body aches today... I'm not sure if it's part of the detox off sugar (the worst!) or what but I am determined to keep moving. I worked out this morning and made sure I did heaps of extra stretching. I'm about to go for my daily walk so that will hopefully loosen everything up a bit for the afternoon. I will weigh in again in a few days -- I'm not sure how often to measure my weight because I am sure it will go up and down (hopefully on a downward trajectory!) so I figure once a week will do for now :)

4. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

What a great motivational starting story =) best of luck to you once again and I will be anxiously watching your weight loss journey.

I figured out that moving helps ease the pains that result from exercising the previous day. So you intuitively and do everything very correctly. Looks like you are getting on the same wave with your body, and that’s so great!

As for the weigh ins – everyone decides for himself. You can weigh in even every day, unless you are easily discouraged by seeing the weight stop moving or going up. Then, you definitely should not weigh yourself more often than once a week. AND besides the weight, you should use some other types of measuring, like the measuring tape (many people report of very insignificant loss in kilos but a huge loss in cms), and clothes that don’t stretch too much (seeing them fitting better, and then looser motivates pretty well). =)

Way to go! You’re going great! Cheers

5. skinnymee

skinnymee Member
    Registered

Thank you April! Yes -- it's the cms that really count. I have so many beautiful clothes that I no longer fit. I can't wait to get back into them! I must say I feel so much better today. The aches are gone and I was quite hungry and lethargic yesterday, so I ate a bit more than I have since starting Duromine, but it was all paleo-low carb, so I figure perhaps it's just part of the process. Instead of beating myself up yesterday, I went home, had a nice dinner (lamb, broccolini and home-made rainbow slaw) and soaked in a bath of magnesium and aromatherapy. I slept like a baby!

I really think it's important to nurture ourselves through the process of weightloss. So much is happening under the surface that we can negate when we get impatient with our bodies. Our fat cells are where we store toxins, and when they are released our bodies must deal with these and cleanse them away so we don't become sick. I take am taking a liver support supplement throughout this process for this very reason and magnesium baths are a big part of my self-care regime. My 'ME-TIME'.

Today I woke like new again! Once again I have heaps of energy. I really gave my all in my morning workout (in my head I kept saying over and over 'Sweat is Fat Crying' haha) I can literally feel myself getting fitter. I stepped on the bathroom scales as well and they haven't shifted, but I am not disheartened. I know that as long as I am taking the actions that will lead to my goals, I will eventually be successful. I have taken measurements and will add them to my weigh in measurements too when I next post those.

Since starting Duromine I have managed to do a 25 minute workout every morning before work and a 30 minute walk at lunchtime. I really love the lunchtime walk. It breaks up my day and gets me out of the office (I would usually eat my lunch at my desk and only get up to go to the bathroom). There is a park nearby and I love seeing all the trees and birds and people playing with their dogs. Perhaps, if you're reading this and there is a park nearby, consider getting out and about today. Even if you can only manage 10 or 15 minutes. A change of scenery could brighten your mood and, as a bonus, get you moving! :)

April likes this.
  6. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Love, love, love your attitude and your ‘ME-TIME’. That is so right that the sooner we start loving ourselves and taking care of ourselves, we will make sure that we give our body only the best food and the best physical activity. Your approach to weight loss is literally a masterpiece =) Bravo, maestro!

That is a very nice idea to go out for a walk during lunch! I also love having this walk, which allows enjoying the nature, the breathing and the freedom. Beauty of the surrounding world instead of sitting on the chair and checking the news feed. It makes you a lot more energized for the rest of the day, doesn’t it? =)

Love all the tips that you give to all people who will see your journey. High five and keep up the great work! Cheers

7. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

So… it’s 1 week on Duromine today, right? How do you feel? Motivation still there? Energy? Any plans for an active weekend? =)

8. skinnymee

skinnymee Member
    Registered

Hi April, it was a public holiday here in Australia on Friday so I forgot to post because I wasn't in my usual routine. I can report I am still focused on my goals and, in spite of being a huge drinking weekend in this country, I am still alcohol-free. While I haven't done my usual weekday workouts, I did go shopping on Friday and popped my walking app on at the beginning. It turns out I walked about 3km just around the shops! The rest of the weekend I have been spring cleaning and I count that as exercise :)

On about day 5 into my Duromine journey, I became quite constipated (in spite of drinking plenty of water and eating plenty of fibre) so I purchased some laxatives. Even with the laxatives, it still seems quite slow-moving (I have never had any issues with this kind of thing before so, for me, this is a side effect). I expect this will be affecting my stats - being so full of sh*t and all haha. Anyway, here is where it stands so far...

Current Date: 28 Jan
    Current Weight: 89.2kgs
    Weightloss: 2.8kgs

Start Thighs: 67cm
    Current Thighs: 67cm
    Start Hips: 114cm
    Current Hips: 113cm
    Start Waist: 95cm
    Current Waist: 90cm
    Start Under Bust: 94cm
    Current Under Bust: 94cm
    Start Bust: 115cm
    Current Bust: 113cm

5cm off my waist (the most unhealthy fat) in just over a week makes me feel very happy! I am interested to see how the second week goes because I feel there will be less of the detoxing symptoms that come from cutting out sugar. Sparkling water has become my new best friend!

9. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Thanks for finding the time for an update and CONGRATULATIONS on a wonderful result. Even in spite of the ‘issue’, the result is great!

By the way, did you know that increased fiber consumption can either lead you to perfect bowel movements, or a severe constipation? Two opposites, and the second one is quite possible. Of course, it can be a side effect of Duromine, yet it can be aggravated through increased fiber content of your nutrition (AND extremely low carbs).

- 5 cms off the waist – that is so COOL! High five! All in all, you’re in a total self-control and know what you are fighting for =)) Looking forward to a 10km shopping ‘walk’ at the end of the course lol.

10. skinnymee

skinnymee Member
    Registered

Hi April

I just arrived back from my lunchtime walk and feel reinvigorated for the remainder of the day :) Thank you for your lovely message! You are so supportive and have such great advice. I really appreciate that.

If I look at my diet carefully, I really don't think I have increased or decreased my fibre intake. I work pretty long hours (start at 7:30AM - 6:00PM) so I like to be quite organised for lunches during the week, simply because then I don't need to think about it and my time at home is my own. I know how important fibre is in my diet so I usually make a very large rainbow slaw on a Sunday night. This week's ingredients are: purple cabbage, Chinese cabbage, fennel, a bunch of mint, and a bunch of coriander dressed in my homemade mayo (2 eggs, macadamia nut oil, dijon mustard, pink salt). I take a container of this, an avocado and some meat of some kind. This week it's pork belly (cooked in coconut oil) chopped into little cubes.

Dinners tend to be quick and easy. Last night we had organic steak and broccolini with a cup of broth.

I decided to add some herbal supplements (licorice, marshmallow root and slippery elm) to see if they help 'move things along'. I am drinking 3-4 litres of water a day too... it's only my second day on the herbs so I will let you know how I go.

11. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Yummy! Love your menu!

Thank you very much for your nice words and fingers crossed that herbs work!

12. skinnymee

skinnymee Member
    Registered

Well it's been an interesting week. I've finally had no alcohol cravings (which took 3 weeks). This means I have finally detoxed off sugar (wine is basically sugar - especially champagne!). I wasn't very hopeful about weight loss (with my elimination issues) but the results are in and it's progress... even if only a little at this stage :)

Week #2

Current Date: 2 Feb
    Current Weight: 88.3
    Weight loss this week: 0.9kgs
    Total Weight loss: 3.7kgs

Current Thighs: 66cm
    Current Hips: 111cm
    Current Waist: 90cm
    Current Under Bust: 91cm
    Current Bust: 110cm

My chlorophyll has arrived and this, along with my herbs, seems to be working! (after this morning's weigh-in) so we shall see how the numbers stack up next week. No other negative side effects. Slightly thirstier than usual but increasing water intake can only be good for weight loss. I take my pill immediately upon waking (during the week this is at about 5:10AM) and I sleep like a baby at night. For anyone having trouble sleeping I would recommend a bath with epsom salts (magnesium) after dinner. If you have some sleepy time aromatherapy, pop a few drops in the bath and that will work wonders too.

On the plus side, I am not hungry per se.... but I can eat. The difference is that, on Duromine, I can stop eating without, say, finishing my whole plate if I don't want to. I am no longer binging, craving or eating mindlessly. I am more thoughtful about what I am putting into my body and if it's not going to help me achieve my goals, it's not happening. Case in point: My boss just walked in and said he was shouting everyone burgers for lunch and I politely declined. Horray!!

13. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Congratulations on setting yourself free of alcohol!! HOOOORAAAY! Hats off – you did it! as for the progress… I have to say that you’re doing VERY well! Of course, the bowel issues did spoil the numbers on the scales. But your measurements show that the progress goes great! Fingers crossed that herbs keep doing their job and you will no longer have to suffer from this side effect of Duromine.

I wanted to ask you if I can add your recommendation for fighting insomnia to our “tips on fighting insomnia” and decided to do a small research on Epsom salt. You know what I found out? That it’s an FDA approved laxative. =)) It was right there in your bathtub. Just a sip lol.

I am glad to hear that Duromine helps you feel in control over your eating and I am happy that you are enjoying it. Have an amazing weekend!

14. skinnymee

skinnymee Member
    Registered

No problem! I added my tip. Hopefully, it helps those who are struggling. Baths are my go-to for instantly feeling good, relaxed and grateful for giving myself one-on-one me-time. We can assist ourselves greatly by upping the self-care of our bodies to help balance our emotions, hormones and stress levels. Plus, if it helps you get enough sleep then you can feel ready to take on the world!

I introduced weights into my routine yesterday, and I am feeling it today! (much to the amusement of my co-workers, who have been laughing at me gingerly climb the stairs to the bathroom). From past experience, I know that the initial pain from commencing new activity only ever lasts for a week or so and it's REALLY important to keep going so that your body gets used to it. Otherwise, if you leave it too long between sessions, your body has to get used to it all over again. I have decided I will do one day on and one day off with weights. On the off day I will stretch and do some light cardio. I am acutely aware that muscle eats fat ....and looks and feels nicer! Short term pain for long term gain :)

April likes this.
  15. skinnymee

skinnymee Member
    Registered

BTW -- I couldn't imagine drinking epsom salts!! BUT I do have some magnesium tablets. I think i'll stick with the herbs. They seem to work some days and not others. Weird.

April likes this.
  16. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Thank you very much for adding your tip! You’re amazing!

Yep, you’re right – the main thing is to keep it consistent. I remember my first weeks of strength trainings. The same thing lol

Btw, I used to do some stretching after the weight training, as well. The muscles are already warmed up so it goes rather well.

Hmmm… it’s good that they do work, even if not every day. Constipation is such a nasty side effect of Duromine, so it’s very good that you found a cure for it. Some people even have to discontinue Duromine because of constipation.

Sooo looking forward to your next update on measurements =)

17. skinnymee

skinnymee Member
    Registered

Thank you for being so beautiful and supportive April. I appreciate you - more than you may know <3

Sooooo I was a good girl this morning and did my weight routine for the second time. It still hurts to climb stairs and when I go to sit down, but not as much as yesterday - yay! I hadn't mentioned this before because I wasn't sure, but I have a very heavy period. In the past I have suffered from estrogen dominance, so I know what it feels like. It occurred to me this morning that maybe our fat cells contain hormones (specifically estrogen) as well as toxins and, as we diet and our fat is used for energy, these hormones are released.... so I did some research and it seems my hunch is right!

"Estrogen levels have a direct impact on fat cell storage, especially abdominal fat. Fat cells produce extra estrogen, then the excess estrogen signals your body to store more fat cells. This exchange often creates a vicious cycle of estrogen imbalance and weight gain around the midsection". When I read this it was like a lightbulb going on!

Fortunately, I have been successfully dealing with excess estrogen for a couple of years now. I use a natural progesterone cream that I pop on in the morning and again in the evening and it has changed my life! Progesterone acts primarily as an antagonist (opposite) to estrogen in our body. For example, estrogen can cause breast cysts while progesterone protects against breast cysts. Estrogen enhances salt and water retention while progesterone is a natural diuretic (this could explain the constipation too - increased estrogen). Estrogen has been associated with breast and endometrial cancer, while progesterone has cancer preventive effects.

Some of the functions of progesterone include breast, uterus, and ovarian cancer protection, a natural diuretic, a calming, anti-anxiety effect and it contributes to the formation of new bone tissue. Most significantly, it is shown that high amounts of estrogen can induce a host of metabolic disturbances, and the body’s way of counterbalancing estrogen is progesterone. When this balancing mechanism is dysfunctional, a multitude of health-related problems can arise.

There is good news!! Even a modest amount of weight loss can have a positive impact on our health. Because excess fat cells produce extra estrogen, losing belly fat will release the excess estrogen, resulting in a more hormone-balanced body. And if your hormones are wreaking havoc on weightloss experience, seek natural ways of bringing them back into balance. I will be increasing my progesterone cream dose tonight and I will let you know what progresses.

April likes this.
  18. skinnymee

skinnymee Member
    Registered

Well, it's show time! Friday is 'measurement day' for me and, I wasn't particularly confident because I don't really feel any different. My clothes might be 'not as tight' - maybe? Am I just hopeful? It's still early days and I just wasn't sure what to expect. So here are the numbers.

Week #3

Current Date: 9 Feb
    Current Weight: 87.5kgs
    Weightloss: 4.5kgs

Current Thighs: 66cm
    Current Hips: 110cm
    Current Waist: 89cm
    Current Under Bust: 90cm
    Current Bust: 108cm

I was surprised and delighted to see 87.5 on the scales! I wish I was like other people who seem to lose big numbers, but I have accepted that I am not. Mine is a slower process. I have to fight for every gram. And it looks like I am going to have to sweat for every centimetre too! I firmly believe this will make me stronger, mentally, as well as physically. This can only be a good thing.

We have a big rubbish collection on Monday, so I will be lugging stuff we don't need down to the side of the road and pottering about the house tidying up and rearranging (definitely counts as exercise). My other weekend goals consist of hair masks, face and eye treatments, lazing in the sunshine for at least 15 mins each side (to get my vitamin D) and making yummy smoothies with the leftover fruit we didn't eat during the week. Happy weekend lovelies!

19. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Do the happy dance!! C’mon! Woop woop! Love your progress! Congratulations, dear!!! Such slow and consistent weight loss means that you will be able to maintain it! And goodness, I love your self-care! What an amazing way to show that love for yourself can make miracles to women. You are the best example for this!

When you’re sweating for every cm, you will surely continue working to not let any of these cm come back. A loss of 22 cm – your clothes definitely fit ‘not as tight’, and will soon become too large =) This moment is very close. No more doubts – you are doing everything right and you are doing great!

The weekend is going to be full of running here and there, and that is a good weekend, in my opinion! Enjoy your me-time and have some fun!

PS. Thank you for your appreciation. You made me very happy letting me know that my presence is important. Lots of hugs!!!!

20. skinnymee

skinnymee Member
    Registered

Thank you, beautiful April! I come from a long line of women who did everything for everyone else at the detriment of their physical, mental and emotional health and luckily, over the years, I made a firm decision that I was not going to go down this path. When you are depleted, you are no good to anyone, least of all yourself. You cannot pour from an empty vessel!

So a daily mantra for me is "SELF FIRST". If I need to rest, I rest. If I need to cry, I cry. If I need to get out and go for a walk, I get out and go for a walk. And, by taking care of myself, I subconsciously give permission to everyone around me to do the same. For instance, my husband and I are very good at communicating what we need to each other. If he needs something, then I help him get what he needs and vice versa. And, because we are not constantly 'running on empty' we can each step up when the other needs help.

We are all a work in progress and it takes courage to live the way you want to live, especially if the people around you are used to something different. In my experience communication is key. Give yourself permission to say "I need... some time out, a 20 minute nap, a hot bath, you to put away the groceries" whatever it is that you need to replenish. When you take care of yourself in this way you strengthen the relationship you have with yourself and, let's face it, you have to live with you for the rest of your life. You are your longest commitment. You deserve the love you keep giving to everyone else. Self-care builds self-respect. When you have self-respect, other people instinctively know to respect you more. The relationship you have with yourself sets the tone for every other relationship you have in your life.

So, if you're reading this right now and some bells are ringing, forgive yourself for not knowing what you didn't know before you learned it. Give yourself permission to do something just for you today. You are not responsible for fixing everything that is broken. You don't have to try and make everyone happy. For now, it's about you. What can you do right now that you may have been putting off, but really need? Do that!

Determined93 and April like this.