My Weight loss journey

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sapph3re, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Sapph3re

Sapph3re New Member
    Registered

Hi everyone

I'm posting this thread so i can interact with like minded ppl who are undergoing their own weight loss journey. My own personal weight loss battle started after I broke my off my engagement after constant bullying from my ex mother in law to be and my ex fiancé who told me to just suck it up. I came out of the experience with low self esteem and feelings of guilt.

To numb the pain I ate anything I could get my hands on, I have a sweet tooth so chocolate was my food of choice. I was also on anti depressants Effexor, I should have done my research majority of ppl on these meds have piled on lots of weight. I personally put on about 20 kilos I did try dieting and exercising for 3 months only to have lost 2 kilos, i fell off the bandwagon and put those 2 kilos back on.

My new doctor then prescribed me Duromine 40mg to help me. I started taking this jan 18 2013, I have just finished my first week. Here are my stats:

my details
    Female
    29 yrs old
    height: 156cm
    Starting weigh- 78.6 kg
    goal weight-58-60 kg

Week 1 - 77.4 kg (loss of 1.1kg)

I initially was disappointed with the loss as I had read some other posts and ppl had lost a lot more. But I guess everyone is different and may have had a lot more to lose than me.

Anyway I don't know where ppl are saying they had a lot of energy I've been the opposite, I was quite lethargic esp the first 3 days, had very dry mouth and suffered headaches in the afternoon. However I have found the symptoms have slightly gotten better and more tolerable so maybe it just takes time for the body to adjust to the meds. I did have trouble sleeping on the first day but no problems after that, I have been taking the meds at 5.30 after having breakfast and i can generally sleep by 11.30pm.

My best tip is to make sure you make a conscious effort to eat healthy meals as it does suppress your apetite and you won't be on this forever. You may as well make full use of it and make sure the weight loss is permanent. I have read ppl putting it all on again when they were off the meds but they barely ate at all while they took it so what did they honestly expect?

Anyway I'll keep you all updated on my progress every week.

Bee x

2. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello Sapph3re!
    Welcome to the big family!

3. Sapph3re

Sapph3re New Member
    Registered

Thanks kate happy to be here :)

4. Sapph3re

Sapph3re New Member
    Registered

I'm on day 11 of being on Duromine ... I got tempted and weighed myself today even tho its not until friday. Im feeling a lil bit disheartened it hasn't budged and I've been eating well started a bit of exercise 30 mins walking.

I do have my period so I'm hoping it may be the water retention ... If so fingers crossed that once period is over ill have an more accurate reading ...