My Little Duramine Diary

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Cherrydreams, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Cherrydreams

Cherrydreams New Member
    Registered

Hi everyone,

I've decided to create a little Duramine Diary to keep track of everything for the duration of my weight loss.

I began yesterday and I felt a little wired but other than that I was fine. Although when I walked outside to go to the shops I felt so high I thought everyone was staring at me! I had to get it under control, haha.

Anyway, normally I binge on microwave meals, popcorn, lots of Coke, chocolate, chocolate & chocolate - but yesterday I only managed to put two muesli bars and a yogurt in my belly. I was not hungry in the slightest which took me completely by surprise. I ALWAYS drink Coke and there was half a bottle in the fridge and I had no urge to touch it!

My sleep last night was crazy! I went to bed at 11pm but couldn't sleep until around 3am, and even then I only drifted in and out of sleep. My mind was buzzing. I was up at 7:50 this morning, I have had another Duromine pill but feel fine even though slightly tired.

I still don't feel hungry and still have half my breakfast left but it's just sitting there.

WEIGH-IN:

Sunday 28th August - 80.8kg
    Monday 29th August - 79.6kg
    A ONE day loss of 1.2kg.

I will update soon. :eek:

2. Cherrydreams

Cherrydreams New Member
    Registered

Oh God today was AWFUL!

I had pretty bad anxiety and felt the Duramine had completely taken over me today. I procrastinated with going to the gym for a few hours but eventually I went. On the way to the train station I felt 'high' and had to keep reminding myself who was in control here! Then I jumped on the train - wasn't too bad, then when I got to the gym the anxiety was a little bad that when I handed my gym card at the front desk my hand was shaking and I couldn't pass it to him properly!

I had planned 45 minutes worth of cardio and a weights session, however I only managed 30 mins cardio for my entire workout. A couple of times I lost balance on the treadmill and must have looked a right moron! I guess it didn't help either having tribal dance music playing on my iPod because a couple of times I zoned into the music so heavily that the Duramine started to make me feel a little more zany! Still had to keep reminding myself I was in control. I really sweated horribly for that half hour and my heart was pounding profusely. I've decided now because of that I will do workouts lightly whilst on Duramine!

The train ride home was awful. Not only was it packed and I had to stand, but I was sweating badly, my heart was thumping right out of my chest and I felt a wave of anxiety mixed with that high feeling and I just wanted it to stop. I knew no one cared about me but the anxious feeling was slightly overwhelming. My heart didn't stop pounding like that for at least an hour. Once I returned home I was able relax but I did have a small headache, felt exhausted and had to drink lots of water.

3. Cherrydreams

Cherrydreams New Member
    Registered

This is day 3! I'll probably end up posting every day! But I'm only on Duromine for one month anyway so that would be 28 posts. It's a lot but I'm hoping it will give a clear insight to others maybe what to expect on a day to day basis.

Today was a lot easier. I had to go to work and I was a little worried that I might look off my head or get anxious again but everything went okay (no freaking out on trains). It seems like my body is getting used to it already. What I have found today is that the Duromine made me more placid and calmer than usual (I'm usually a little hothead). I did not feel wired today (and I mean 'wired', I didn't misspell 'weird') which I was very happy about. I did get very tired around 3pm but that's it, but most of all I'm relieved the anxiety has dropped.

Usually I would think about food in the hunger sense, but today when I'd think about food it would be about how I know I should be eating but I wasn't, and the thought of eating kind of turned me off a little. Today I just had a little cereal, a little bit of yogurt, one sushi roll (and believe it or not I had to have half at lunch and then half towards the afternoon because I was so full. Maybe that was the carbs in the rice!) a milk coffee and I think I might have a salad with feta cheese tonight. I know, I know - I should be eating more but I am honestly feeling full. I am getting tummy rumbles but my appetite is practically zero. I drank lots of water today - I mean, I literally crave water right now!

So, having these to eat is a major difference from having a normal breakfast, a coffee and caramel slice for morning tea, a foot long Subway meatballs with cheese and salad plus two choc chip biscuits and a 600mL coke, then loads of crap for the rest of the night. And on top of that thinking of food at any given moment, or thinking about what I'm going to have soon.

Other than that I am feeling my gut going down a little and I just don't feel so heavy. It's early days yet but so far so good! :) :) :)

4. kasey

kasey New Member
    Registered

Hi Cherrydreams,

Glad that you're feeling better :)

Do try to eat more if you can. Because the weight loss can be rapid during first week? But after you stop taking the pill, you won't be able to eat this little. This is something I'm concerned about too. Agree with you. I actually forget to eat and had to remind myself to eat. Try oatmeal? Yoghurt is a great choice.

I noticed that if I don't eat enough carbs, I will have problem falling asleep. When I lack sleep, I'll have very had headaches and nausea.

Hope you won't get the headaches I got before :)

And if you have problem moving your bowels, try prune juice or milk. Else try foot reflexology (there are some good websites with instructions that are easy to understand. The above worked for me :) hope you won't have to encounter this.

Keep it up!

:)

Regards,
    Kasey
    If you have headache

5. kasey

kasey New Member
    Registered

Oh ya, if you exercise, try to exercise in the morning. If you exercise in the evening, try not to do any that's too strenuous/ taxing. Might affect your sleep. Camomile tea or milk helps sleep too :)

6. Cherrydreams

Cherrydreams New Member
    Registered

This is day four, and a few good things have happened today! :)

First - I feel 100%. I guess the first few days I had to get used to it in my system but now I am completely back to my normal self again... but without the hunger! Still eating small healthy snacks but I am having to force them down.

I weighed myself this morning and I am now down to 79.1kg. From Sunday to Wednesday I have lost a total of 1.7kg which I am happy about. I feel like a layer has come off me, even though I still have a long way to go yet.

My mother took a photo of me today in my leggings and a tight top and when she showed me I couldn't believe how different I looked and how the 1.7kg difference had made such a difference!

I caught up with my brother today and he said first before anything, "You look different! What is it?" Eventually I told him I was on Duromine and he said he noticed a big change from last week. Apparently my face shape and de-colletage were noticeably leaner as well as my belly. My brother is supportive as long as I don't use Duromine as the only thing to make me lose weight and that I have to eat well and exercise too.

Which brings me to my final note for tonight - Duromine is obviously taking away the hunger but when I do eat I make sure it's healthy and that I'm drinking water. Also I am definitely exercising too (even though lightly). I see Duromine as a great little Personal Assistant! But I keep reminding myself that it's only staying with me for one month and after that I can no longer rely on it. Oh, what a challenge!

7. Cherrydreams

Cherrydreams New Member
    Registered

Hi Kasey,

Thank you for your advice - I will definitely take it on board. And thanks I'm glad I'm feeling better too! :) It's true - once I get off it the hunger will be back again and I will have to work hard at fighting it.

Yes I agree about the morning exercise as I feel a slump in the afternoon and yawn like a lion! So best not to work out then.

In regards to the headaches I haven't had them yet, just the onset of one this morning but then it went away. Hope it's all going well for you too at the moment. :)

8. kasey

kasey New Member
    Registered

Hi Cherrydreams,

Great! :) good that you're back to your normal self :)
    And thanks for your encouragement, very often, it can be tough trying to lose weight when my loved ones keep trying to feed me :/
    Just curious, why do you decide to take duromine for only one month?

Best Regards,
    Kasey

9. Cherrydreams

Cherrydreams New Member
    Registered

Hi Kasey,

I'm not so normal today! Toughest day yet - I thought I had gotten over it. :( Do you ever find you have weird days then normal days? I really don't know what to expect now.

The reason I decided to do one month was I just wanted a kickstart and to lose weight faster at the beginning, and try and learn when my body needs to eat instead of just binging all the time. Then when I get off it I might be stronger at resisting temptation. How long are you using it for?

10. Cherrydreams

Cherrydreams New Member
    Registered

This is day 5 - HORRENDOUS.

Just when I thought I was getting use to it, it takes me by surprise. I've been feeling low, moody, have had lack of energy and concentration. I've also been feeling agitated, fidgety and slightly paranoid, as well as having mild hyper-sensitivity that stayed all morning until early afternoon. I couldn't keep it under control and when I asked my boss if he'd noticed any difference in me he said, "You haven't been yourself all week." Great! And to describe how I'm feeling right now is like everything good is clouded - I literally feel sad right now! This may not be the same for everybody as I'm naturally a bit of a worrypot! So those with more of a carefree attitude may not get such strong affects.

The worst is fidgeting and when I'm in a crowd the whole damn feeling worsens and for the first time since taking it I couldn't convince myself that I was 100% in control. Today I actually thought, "is it worth it?" because of how I felt.

I don't know, I hope tomorrow is better because I don't like this feeling :(. I did lose .4kg but I can't be bothered celebrating! All I had today was a small bowl of cereal and one tuna roll. I know I should eat up but today I feel like shit.

11. kasey

kasey New Member
    Registered

Hi Cherrydreams,

Oh my, sounds tough! Sorry to hear about how you're feeling today.

Could you be allergic to any of the ingredients in duromine?
    What's the strength you're using?
    There're 3 strengths. 15mg, 30mg, 40mg. I'm taking 30mg. 40mg is not available in my country.
    You may consider lowering the dosage, though it'll likely slow down the weight loss.

I used reductil before and I experienced really bad side effects because I was taking too much tea, exercising too much and not eating enough. Anyway, it's now banned. my doctor told me duromine is a stronger version of reductil but it's still available as a prescibed weight loss medication.

Do you drink tea, coffee, coke these days? If yes, try to cut these out for a few days. It should help. Caffeine can be a very strong stimulant.

If you exercise, just stop exercising for a few days? When I was running long distance about 20km, I couldn't sleep well/ much and ate incessantly for a few days. I wasn't under any medication then.

Another way is to go for facial or body massage. Facial is the best :) makes you feel much better almost instantly!

Remember to eat!

Hope the journey will be better for you as you adjust to the medicine. Otherwise, try drinkIng some milk. That always cheers me up :) hope it works for you too.

Cheers,
    Kasey

12. kasey

kasey New Member
    Registered

Hi Cherrydreams,

My days are mostly ok. Other than a few nights when I didn't sleep enough because I stayed up to watch drama series, I'm quite ok. You sleep well? If you don't, that will likely affect your well being. Try to sleep.
    I just started for the first month, this is the third week. The doctor was somewhat hesitant to prescribe the medicine, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to obtain a second month's dosage. If I'm able to, I'll like to take it for three months. Read that it might have long term side effects if consumed in the long run.

Cheers,
    Kasey

13. kasey

kasey New Member
    Registered

If it makes you feel so terrible, maybe you should reconsider? It's a personal choice. Take care!

Hugs.

14. BigLoss

BigLoss New Member
    Registered

Hello Ladies,

Just wondering if your still on duromine or how much u lost..

xx