My Journey

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Redheaed, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Redheaed

Redheaed New Member
    Registered

In order to keep myself motivated Im going to try and keep this thread running and posts every couple of days or so.

A little about myself:
    Im 19 and jsut under 170cm tall, My current weight is 78kg, Ive been stuggling with my weight/self image since i was a child. Ive never been massively overweight, but just always a chubby kid, I was bullied through primary school and half of high school, I started to thin out as a grew taller, but I was never happy. My weight has fluctuated between 70kg and 90kg over the past few years like a bloody yoyo.
    My Goal weight is between 55-60kg, but I would be happy to get down to 65kg.

I eat healthy and do work out a few times a week, but lately I havent been able to budge the kgs.
    I went to my doctor and asked about Duromine and he put me on it for a month. 30mg.

this is my journey;

Duromine diary!

day 1 - 10th september - approx.76kg

Im not entirely sure if its because I was really sick yesterday, but I havent felt at all hungry today, I managed to eat an Orange for breakfast and then a small portion of turkey and carbonara for dinner. Ive had a really dry mouth the whole day, but once again, Im not sure if thats because I was throwing up yesterday and now I'm dehydrated. I have consumed a lot of water today. A few times I have felt a bit light headed but nothing to be alarmed about. Ive been reading a lot of blogs and how much some people are losing is astounding, I know I dont have quite that much to lose, but I still cant help but feel a little excited.
    Bring on tomorrow!

2. Release Me

Release Me New Member
    Registered

Good on you. We are similar in height and weight. Try drinking soda water it helps with the sick feeling for the first week. Just after I take my tablet at 7amish I get the dry mouth a little so the soda water gives you that little bit of a fizz in your mouth. You will probably find that you will loose a little at a time because you have only a little to loose. You get what I mean. Make sure you do eat some food regularly. There has definitely been days where I have forgotten to eat because my brain does not want to raid cupboards but to prevent the light

3. Redheaed

Redheaed New Member
    Registered

Thanks for the advice Release Me, I'll try the soda water thing, I'm not sure if I like the stuff but I'll give it a shot, today wasnt as bad with the dry mouth but still enough to irritate me. Yeah I understand I'm not going to drop 5 kilos in a week, because like you said, we dont actually have all that much to lose, but I'm still going to stick with it, even if I only lose 1 kilo or less, its still a loss.

Day 2 - September 11

I actually slept really well last night, Im not usually one to sleep through a whole night without getting up, walking around a bit, maybe a visit to the fridge or two :p but last night, I slept the whole night and actually woke up feeling really good and revived. I had a green tea and grapefruit for breakfast after I took my tablet, but about half hour later I was feeling really faint, so I had a small piece of toast with vegemite, made me feel a lot better. For lunch I had a beef and salad sandwich with no butter or mayo, and for dinner, I had fried rice. but Im still yet to feel at all hungry, also, the food doesnt taste good, I sort of feel like I'm forcing it down, and I can barely finish the smallest of meals. I also did the 100 workout today for the first time, my god, I wanted to die, Muscles I forgot I had have turned to jelly.

for those who dont know the 100 workout, its;
    100 Jumping Jacks
    90 Crunches
    80 Squats
    70 Leg Lifts
    60 Jumping Jacks
    50 Crunches
    40 Squats
    30 Leg Lifts
    20 Jumping Jacks
    10 Minute Run

Going to be sore as hell tomorrow,
    wish me luck
    :rolleyes:

4. MRSCMC

MRSCMC New Member
    Registered

Thanks for posting the 100 workout im so so so unfit but will try my best with it today!

5. Redheaed

Redheaed New Member
    Registered

@MRSCMC That's not a problem :), I actually have a few more workouts that I've been meaning to try, I'll post them here when I do them.

day 3 - 12th september

I had less of a sleep last night, woke up a handful of times, but still better than usual I guess, I woke up with a crazy dry mouth but after I guzzled a glass of water that went away for a while. I had another Grapefruit and Green Tea for breakfast, a bowl of fruit for lunch and then a small portion of lamb for dinner, I havent felt hungry but I could actually eat a little more today without feeling sick. I've still been drinking my 2+ litres of water a day. My legs were too dead from yesterday's workout to move too much so I decided to have a day off. I went to a mate's house to watch a few movies and ofcourse he brought out the chips and soft drinks, as hard as it was, I didnt fall into temptation - quite proud of myself actually.

Im completely knackered and going to bed
    goodnight all.

6. Redheaed

Redheaed New Member
    Registered

day 4 - 13th september

These entries are going to start getting boring so I think Im just going to post every few days.

Today was a bad day, not for the diet, just for me. I have felt really depressed today, its because something that happened recently, it just really hit me hard today and well, I felt like shit. I took my tablet and had a peice of toast with just vegemite and a green tea, a mandarin for lunch and nothing as yet for dinner, my mood all day has prevented me from eating because I just dont feel like it at all. I did go for a 2k run this morning, it started off as just a walk to get my mind off things and that didnt work, so instead I just ran. For someone who has never really been able to run more than 3 or so minutes, I think I did pretty well, I was literally about to collapse afterwards though.

On a brighter side of life, me and my best friend booked our cruise, it's in early February next year, so that is my new motivation, I want to be by the ship's pool and on the beaches of Isle of pines, confidently in a bikini.

Have a good one.

7. Redheaed

Redheaed New Member
    Registered

Day 11 - 20th september

so its been a week since my last post, I thought I would do an update.

So when I weighed in on Friday, I had lost 2kg, I was stoked. But then, idiotic me, went out drinking Friday and Saturday night.
    I weighed in again on monday to see what the damage was, I put on 1 kg, but that still left me -1kg :D
    I know its not a lot, but considering I havent been able to lose anything for the past few months, its a good start.
    I also used the measuring tape and I have lost several cms around various body parts, woo.

Its the middle of my second week and I'm feeling good, still getting dry mouth a lot but I can deal with it. Ive been doing the 100 workout (see above) every second day (monday, wednesday,friday, fuck doing it on weekends ;P ) and going for walks/runs every other day. My legs have been hating me for it, but I think I can see some improvements in the shape of my legs, maybe Im just seeing things but they dont look as flabby, and the top of my inner thighs arent a jelly like :D

Diet side of things, Im not sure if I'm being very healthy, I mean everything I eat is completely natural and healthy, but I'm still concerned about the amount im eating. My appetite has changed more than I thought it would, I can barely eat a few small bites of a salad roll or wrap, I just get too full. Im making my breakfast the largest meal of the day, Usually a piece of dry toast with vegemite, a Grapefruit and a green tea. That, for me, is a big meal. For lunch I'll have a small portion of lamb, chicken, turkey or another lean meat with salad (which I can never finish because I am so full) and by dinner time, I'm not hungry whatsoever and maybe Ill have a single piece of fruit or a yoghurt tub. So Im barely consuming 300 calories a day and I feel so full, If I eat anymore than that, I feel disgustingly bloated and horrible. Because I have such a dry mouth all the time, I reckon I'm consuming in excess of 3 litres of water a day. My god, Ive never gone to the toilet so much in my life. >.<

But yeah, I need advice on the whole eating thing.

8. Redheaed

Redheaed New Member
    Registered

Day 19 - 28th september

so its been just over another week, I have not been at all happy with the results, It seems my body has done it again. I swear after the first week of any diet, my body becomes immune and suddenly is like 'nah, you're not losing anymore weight, in fact I'll make you gain a kilo, just because I can, sucked in.' Ive been doing everything the same, eating healthy, drinking a lot of water and doing my exercises, but yes, I gained a kilo. :mad: :confused:

Ill still stick to it because I'm sick of giving up, but the motivation is quickly escaping me, It's really demotivating to see the scales not only not go down, but infact go up.

Ill let you know how I go next week.

thanks.

9. 6ftchick

6ftchick New Member
    Registered

:(dont give up ...keep in there i still on my first week i havent weighed in yet but i hope i have lost guess time will tell

10. Redheaed

Redheaed New Member
    Registered

this is my forth week on duromine and I am down to 74kg.
    which is more than I've lost in a very long time, however I still feel a little let down because I got my hopes really high reading everyone else's success stories.
    but I'm not going to complain, I mean 4kg is the equivalent to 16 tubs of butter in size (so my mum keeps saying, her way of motivating me)

the only thing is, i havent really been able to notice it, I dont look any skinnier, the only place I have noticed change is my wrists (they are boney now? which looks odd because the rest of me is still the same). Im going to take progress photos tonight and compare them to the ones i took a month ago, wish me luck.

I dont know whether or not im going to get another month of duromine or I might tackle it on my own, I'll still post in this forum purely because it is kind of a motivator :p