My journey

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Sherlock_76, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Sherlock_76

Sherlock_76 Member
    Registered

My journey on Duromine (30mg). I started yesterday. I’ll try to do regular posts but will only update my stats weekly. I’ve made a promise to myself before starting this journey, to take any potential side effects with a grain of salt and not sweat the small stuff.

SW: 96.1
    Mini goal 1: 90
    Mini goal 2: 85
    Mini goal 3: 80
    Mini goal 4: 75
    GW: 70 (if I’m honest it’s really 69.9 - it would be nice to be back in the sixties)
    Height: 157cm (5’2”)

Week 1 - Day 1

Took tablet at 5:30am followed by about an hour of forum reading as I waited to see what (if any) side effects were coming my way. Around 6:30am I was still awake but very relaxed and almost “floaty”. Either mild insomnia or just my mind being a little too self aware and looking for any different feeling.

My first day would be best described as “middle of the road”. I wasn’t hungry but nor was I “not hungry” (had approximately 1100cals for the day). I was alert but not too alert. I was tired at times but not enough to be of concern. Sleep came to me fairly easily with only mild bursts of tossing and turning. Mild dry mouth but not enough to feel like it was constantly dry. No constipation. Fingers crossed that the lack of side effects continue this way.

I was happy not feeling the need to binge or constantly snack during the day. Feeling positive about things.

Week 1 - Day 2

I was a little restless last night but still achieved a decent sleep. Got my period nearly a week early, possibly due to starting the drug.

Took tablet at 6am, followed by light dozing until I got up at 7am. Day two was similar to day one with no real side effects felt. Although it’s 1am here now and I’m only just getting dozy as I finish this post. Managed approximately 1200cals today. Looking forward to weigh in next week. Talk soon.

#1 Sherlock_76, Mar 22, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    April likes this.
  2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum Sherlock! Sounds like first days are promising. Fingers crossed it goes the same way with side effects. Apparently you are going through the second scenario of appetite suppression on Duromine. I mean, it doesn’t eliminate your hunger completely, yet helps you feel full faster and with smaller portions. Calories control is great and the results should not be too long to wait. Do you plan any increase in physical activity for even higher results and a toned body?

3. Sherlock_76

Sherlock_76 Member
    Registered

Yes certainly. Additional walking, and weights to build muscle tone will be incorporated into my routine after week 1 is over and I’m confident that I’ve adjusted to the drug.

April likes this.
  4. Sherlock_76

Sherlock_76 Member
    Registered

Week - Day 3

Tablet taken at 6am. A little restless last night, but felt alert and in positive spirits during the day with no other side effects felt. Starting to feel a little tired now so hopefully tonight’s sleep will be more restful. Had a quick check-in on the scales this morning (couldn’t help myself).

SW 96.1
    CW 93.9
    Loss of 2.2kg

I understand that it’s most likely water weight and I certainly don’t expect to see such large numbers on an ongoing basis but it’s a nice kick start to the process.

#4 Sherlock_76, Mar 22, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    April likes this.
  5. Sherlock_76

Sherlock_76 Member
    Registered

Week 1 - Day 4.

Tablet taken at 6am. A better sleep last night albeit with a mild dose of diarrhoea (sorry TMI) but that might be because I’ve got my period (more TMI) and often get an upset tummy during that time.

Feeling hungry at the moment, as I got busy at work and didn’t get a chance for lunch and only had a yoghurt for breakfast. Normally I’d be ravenous by now but it’s only a mild hunger that will be appeased with a small dinner.

It’ll be interesting to see how my first weekend on Duromine goes without work to keep me busy.

6. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

All in all, looks like your journey is going pretty well. PLease, please, please, don;t forget to eat or drink water while you're on Duromine. We have some reports on the forum where people needed emergency medical assistance after a day of not eating or drinking and taking Duromine. take good care of yourself and have a lovely weekend! Signature is great! ;)

Sherlock_76 likes this.
  7. Sherlock_76

Sherlock_76 Member
    Registered

Week 1 - Day 5

Tablet taken at 6:00am. I slept much better last night 11pm-6am. I wasn’t sure about taking the tablet this early on a weekend but decided to see how things go. I will adjust next weekend if needed.

Went out to the pub for dinner last night and only ate half of my hamburger which would never have happened pre-Duromine. I also left chips. Yes chips!!! (Hubby is also enjoying the fact that I can’t drink while taking Duromine therefore I’m designated driver).

It felt good to stop eating once satisfied and that switch in my brain letting me know it’s okay to stop has been quiet for many years now. I’m happy to have it back.

It’s certainly not a magic pill, and you definitely still need to make good decisions and exercise self-control. For me Duromine is like a personal life coach or friend cheering you on, supporting and encouraging you along the way.

I know personally I’m happy to have the help.

8. Sherlock_76

Sherlock_76 Member
    Registered

Week 1 - Day 6

A little sleeplessness last night but I think that less about Duromine and more to do with a scared dog jumping in bed with us during a storm at 6am.

Tablet taken at 6:30am (thanks to the dog). Feeling pretty burpey over the last couple of days but nothing too tragic. A little constipated, still managing to have BMs but it takes longer than normal and I don’t always feel “empty” afterwards.

My period has lasted longer than normal so hopefully that sorts itself out soon!

Happy with appetite at the moment. I eat three times a day (without constant snacking) and when I do eat it’s a lot less and I can easily put it aside the second I start feeling full. I’ve started serving my meals on a bread plate now rather than the larger dinner plate.

Hope everyone is doing well on their weight loss journeys.

April likes this.
  9. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Gosh, I love how Duromine makes you feel! However, the mild side effects should not be left without attention, so if constipation becomes more serious, better take a laxative. In the meantime, you can add to your menu some prunes or prune juice. In my case, I found 2 kiwi fruits in the evening kept me regular, once this issue appeared. And, of course, water, water, water. By the way, exercising also helps improve the BMs, keeping your bowels active.

I hope you are satisfied with your weight loss and have your motivation at the peak. =) Wish you a lovely day!

10. Sherlock_76

Sherlock_76 Member
    Registered

Week 2 - Day 3

I’ve been absent for the last few days as I had a short break from Duromine (skipped one day) while I had a colonoscopy.

Weight today 91.8kg taking my total loss to date 4.3kg. Some of that will be due to the colonoscopy prep (worse thing I have ever experienced!) but we’ll see how things measure up in a couple of days.

I had no issues with starting and stopping. No new side effects, in fact the side effects I originally had have lessened. I’m looking forward to having Duromine help me control my appetite over the Easter long weekend. I’ll stikl have the occasional chocolate - because what’s life if you can’t have a small taste at Easter - but at least I won’t devour the whole thing in a single sitting.

April likes this.
  11. Sherlock_76

Sherlock_76 Member
    Registered

Week 2 - Day 4

Another 100g down which I’m happy about as I was expecting to go up slightly after the colonoscopy and a return to normal eating (my new “normal”).

Great sleep last night. I’m pleased that I’ve managed to skip most of the side effects of Duromine, and those that I’ve had have been very mild. Or perhaps I just think they’re mild because I had expectations of it being hell after reading a lot of reviews.

Duromine is really helping me manage my excess eating. I still have an appetite but it’s not overwhelming and I can easily stop once I’m full. I generally eat on small plates and order entree or kid sized meals if we eat out. I even had an Easter egg treat last night and only ate part of it.

Looking forward to seeing slow and steady results.

12. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Keep up the great work, Sherlock! You’re going very nice and smooth and I hope that your weight loss results will keep you motivated and so full of energy and positive thinking! Have a lovely weekend!!!

Sherlock_76 likes this.
  13. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Hello Sherlock! How did your weekend go?

14. Sherlock_76

Sherlock_76 Member
    Registered

The long weekend was good. Got lots of yard work done in preparation for hosting my mother’s 60th party next weekend.

Small gain of 200gm over the 4 day holiday period but a 4.2kg loss overall for the first 2 weeks.

Everything is progressing well and I’m not being bothered by any side effects.

angelwings and April like this.
  15. Plucky

Plucky Member
    Registered

Hey Sherllock_76 Looks like you started a week before me. I am a couple of cms taller (which is super rare for me to say) and I started at 96.6kg. I had a reasonable loss of 2.1kg in my first week despite the 4 day weekend which did slow it down. What's you goal for the 12 week course of duromine? My dr has suggested that 5kgs a month is a reasonable goal while I am on duromine.

April likes this.
  16. Sherlock_76

Sherlock_76 Member
    Registered

I haven’t set a specific goal as such, but I’ll be happy with a loss of around 1kg per week. Anything above that will be a bonus.:) Good luck!

17. Sherlock_76

Sherlock_76 Member
    Registered

Had a pleasant surprise today. Weight loss is going well and I found my hip/waist/chest measurements that I took before I started Duromine.

Start was
    H - 133
    W - 119
    C - 118

Now (after 3 weeks, 4 days)
    H - 122
    W - 112
    C - 112

Pretty pleased with those results :)

Deno, Rava, April and 1 other person like this.
  18. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Holly ***!!! That is a HUGE difference! Congratulations! Looks like someone will have part of a crazy shopping at the end of the journey! =)) Yaaaaay!!! Keep up the great work and I am sure these positive changes will motivate you to push even harder! Cheers and a great weekend to you!

19. Sherlock_76

Sherlock_76 Member
    Registered

I had a busy weekend hosting my mother’s 60th / aunt’s 50th. It was tough work saying no to all the cousins, siblings and visitors who kept saying “surely one drink won’t hurt” but I managed it. :)

Ate well the day of the party and into the night although on Sunday I felt like I ate more than normal. I think it was from being over tired and probably not eating enough calories the day before. Got a mild case of diarrhea, I don’t think my body is used to eating that much anymore. I’ll track thing better from now on.

20. Sherlock_76

Sherlock_76 Member
    Registered

Week 4, Day 2 and all things still going strong.

Currently 90.3 so a total loss so far of 5.8 in this first month with 5 days to go.

I find I’m sleeping really well now, better even than before starting D! (only a few days of insomnia in the very beginning). My only real side effect now is getting a bit “burpey” towards the end of the day.