My journey - Duromine 40mg

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Determined93, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Determined93

Determined93 Member
    Registered

I started my duromine journey on Saturday 14/04/18. I have just finished my second week and the results are as follows..

Starting weight - 97.4kg
    Height - 158cm

End of week 1 Weight - 94.8kg
    * 2.6kg loss
    * Total loss to date 2.6kg

Measurements taken on Monday 23/04/18 (week 2 day 3)
    Bust - 106.3cm
    Chest - 97.3cm
    Hips - 115.3cm
    Waist - 98.4cm
    Midsection - 117.3cm
    Thigh - 71.8cm
    (Will retake weekly on Mondays)

End of week 2 Weight - 92kg
    * 2.8kg loss
    * Total loss to date 5.4kg

2. Chum

Chum New Member
    Registered

Fantastic effort :D good on you!

3. Determined93

Determined93 Member
    Registered

Updated measurements ..

Bust - 106 (0.3cm loss)
    Chest - 92.8 (4.5cm loss)
    Hips - 113.6 (1.7cm loss)
    Waist - 96.6 (1.8cm loss)
    Midsection - 110.7 (6.6cm loss)
    Thigh - 72 (0.2cm gain)

Not sure how accurate my measuring skills were because 4.5 & 6.6 cm seems like a huge loss in a week. Also not sure what’s going on with my thighs being bigger this week =\

4. Plucky

Plucky Member
    Registered

Did you measure at the same time of day? I would guess bloating for the midsection.

As for the chest not sure- the only thing I can think of is different bra so where you measured was a different spot due to dif bra position.

5. Determined93

Determined93 Member
    Registered

Yeah I measured at the same time, maybe like 15 mins out. The first measurements I took I hadn’t eaten or drank anything and the second lot I had had a coffee and water prior so unless the first time I was still bloated from whatever I had for dinner the night before I’m not sure if it would have been bloat. I also had the same bra on as the first time. I may have had the positioning a bit off maybe. I guess the more measurements I take over the next few weeks will give me a better idea of where I am at. I think i’ll be more inclined to believe my measurements when my clothes start to become looser.

6. Plucky

Plucky Member
    Registered

Your a few cms shorter than me and we started at the same weight. Your about 2 weeks behind me in taking Duromine. Week 4 I really noticed a dif in my work skirts as they are non stretchy. I found this body scanning app that you can then compare scans from different dates. It’s not going to be super accurate as you adjust the scan lines around your body and quality of phone camera and lighting but I thought it would give me a good visual. Was interesting looking at the shape of my body in 3D model. Can’t wait to do a before/after all the end of 3 months.

7. Determined93

Determined93 Member
    Registered

How much had you lost by week 4? Just curious as to when I should roughly expect to notice a change. What’s the app called? Curious to check that out too.

8. Plucky

Plucky Member
    Registered

End of week 4 was 5.6kg, I just finished the first packet yesterday as I have skipped a number of days and am down 6kg. I wasn't super strict on my diet to be honest and but I exercise about 5 hours a week.

The app is nettlo. Its interesting as where I measure my waist is clearly different to where the app takes the measurement from it also has a low waist measurement. I would take a few goes to to do the first scan making sure measurements are consistent. I stuffed up my ankle on the first scan so apparently it halfed in width:) I lost 4-5 cms from waist, low waist, under bust, and thighs and 2 off my bust (but my first scan i did wearing a crop top and the second a proper bra).

9. Determined93

Determined93 Member
    Registered

Thanks for that, i’ll Check it out when I get a chance I’m actually feeling really discouraged today as I gained 100g yesterday and another 300g today yet I have still been eating right. I know there will be weight fluctuations especially with weighing myself every day but this is the first time I have had 2 days in a row with a gain. Hoping I will see a loss tomorrow even if it is only a little bit.

10. Plucky

Plucky Member
    Registered

Yeah its hard weighing everyday, your logical brain knows there's ups and down but when you see up its are not to get discouraged. I ignored yesterdays weight as I did a 10km run on Sunday instead of a 5km run on Saturday so I figured I'd be retaining water. I thought I'd see a good drop today because my food has been on point for the last 5 days but nope same as yesterday. I've been trying harder too as I have a ball coming up and I really want to wear this dress that currently just fits and I would like to be comfortable on the night not stressed about the dress.

11. Determined93

Determined93 Member
    Registered

I’m trying to ignore it too because asides from starving myself the only thing I can really do to try and up my losses would be to overly increase exercising which I know won’t be sustainable so as soon as that decreased again I’d be in the same position I am now. It’s hard having young kids and trying to fit in a heap of exercise. If I go for walks or runs or anything they have to come with me which obviously reduces the speed I can go at plus the distance. There’s only one gym in my town with childcare and it’s pretty exspensive for membership there also they only offer the childcare for a 2hr period in the morning which cuts into getting my eldest off to school. So basically I’ve been using those interval workout videos on YouTube as my main source of exercise. My weight loss is definitely going to be centred more around eating healthy smaller meals then exercise which then has me worried about if I ever treat myself to anything, like currently I am eating right and gaining so if I have a bad day I’m wondering if I will pack a heap of weight back on.

I find it very frustrating too that my partner drinks multiple v drinks a day plus eats nothing but crap food and still looses weight. He thinks it’s hilarious too which adds to the frustration and he gives me so much crap when I weigh my food whilst cooking or turn down shit food when he offers it to me and constantly makes a point to remind me how easy it is for him to loose weight.

Sorry I went on a little bit of a rant there .. it’s just been one of those days. I hope you succeed with fitting into your dress comfortably by the time the ball comes. You’re definitely putting in the work for it.

12. Sherlock_76

Sherlock_76 Member
    Registered

EA879C45-665B-4936-A67A-C49026F4EBA6.jpeg Don’t be alarmed by small gains or no losses when you weigh yourself daily. I weigh myself daily because I like to see how my body reacts differently each and every day. By week 4 I was finding I would have small 100g gains or flat line for 4-5 days and then at day 6-7 I’d drop 700g+ They call it the “whoosh”. It’s still happening to me at week 7.

It’s just one of the joys of being a woman. :rolleyes:

April likes this.
  13. Determined93

Determined93 Member
    Registered

I hope that’s just the case and I have that fat whoosh. I have had 100g gains on the occasional days since I started it’s that it went up to 300g the day after I already had a 100g gain that bothers me. It’s nearly half a kg back on in 2 days. I had been eating pretty basic meals for dinner up until last night when I cooked some chicken with that chicken tonight sauce but I weighed it all and divided it into the correct portion sizes and worked everything out so I thought that it would be okay but now I’m thinking if the gains aren’t due to what you suggested it might be because of the change. I also ate a bit later last night. Not sure if that really makes a difference or not. I also have my period but I’ve had that since Friday and I didn’t start having any gains since that started until yesterday.

14. Plucky

Plucky Member
    Registered

The chicken tonight sauce might have a lot more sodium than your usual meals and that would cause water retention.

April and Sherlock_76 like this.
  15. Determined93

Determined93 Member
    Registered

That may have been it. Back to a loss again today, 600g which puts me at a 500g loss so far this week.

Sherlock_76 and April like this.
  16. Determined93

Determined93 Member
    Registered

Back to feeling very discouraged today with a 600g gain despite yesterday being the most active I have been in a long time. This actually puts me up 100g for the week with only 2 more days until my final weekly weigh in.

17. Plucky

Plucky Member
    Registered

If you were more active than usual than its likely that you are retaining water. On Sunday I did a 10km run which is twice my normal run distance, despite still being controlled about food on Monday I was up 1.2kgs from Saturdays weight. I didn't bother recording that weight because it I knew it would be water retention and sure enough its dropped back down and now I am showing a loss of 1.1kg since Saturday. Drink lots of water and stick to your meal plan and you'll probably find that you'll drop it again tomorrow.

18. Determined93

Determined93 Member
    Registered

Thanks Plucky, I hope this is the case. It’s very disheartening to see the scales going up when I’ve been so good, especially when my weight is still so high. I was extremely concerned because it was a 600g gain in 1 day but after reading what you said about your experience I am a bit more hopeful for tomorrow.

This may seem dumb but if it’s water retention wouldn’t drinking lots more water make it worse?

19. Plucky

Plucky Member
    Registered

Drinking more water signals to your body it can get go of the water its hoarding because there's not a drought and it will still get enough water to perform body functions and in particular after more/different exercise than whats its used to for repairs/replenishment.

After my 10km run I weighed myself out of interest and I had lost a kg from my prerun weight. I was clearly dehydrated (its really hot where I live). So I can totally understand my body holding water for repairs and in case I decided I randomly wanted to do another 10km run.

April likes this.
  20. Determined93

Determined93 Member
    Registered

Ah okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the info.

April likes this.