My Fitness pal

Discussion in 'Apps & online weight loss programs' started by jess84, Jul 31, 2014.

1. jess84

jess84 New Member
    Registered

Hi all, for anyone counting calories feel free to add me to my fitness pal!

User name is jesssbro

:)

Melmo and Leigh'sgottalottolose like this.
  2. Kira

Kira New Member
    Registered

I'll add you! I love this app !!

my username is tierrakira if anyone wants to add me!

3. masymo

masymo Member
    Registered

Wich app do you mean? Is it apple only?

4. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Masymo, the app is MyFitnessPal. Google it. many people use it to track and adjust their menu.

5. smithjohn

smithjohn Member
    Registered

Can I know how this app helps?
    I mean how can such app be beneficial to weight losers?

6. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Hi, Smithjohn, it’s me again answering your question. I hope that you don’t mind, since the user you asked the question already finished her weight loss journey and the chance that she provides you with an answer is very low. So, Myfitnesspal is an app which helps you literally count the calories of all the food that you consume during the day. It helps you get aware of how much you eat and helps you adjust your menu to fit into your perfect amount of calories that should be consumed to achieve a sustainable weight loss. You also can make a food diary, where you should record everything you eat, and then count the calories in the end of the day. The main thing (if you get into counting your calories) that you should do is NOT to wait too long to insert the info about the foods you eat and NOT to avoid entering anything at all, because every calorie matters and people often underestimate how much calories they get from e.g. the cream that they add to their coffee, or a candy that they occasionally chew… Besides, in the first week or two, you will have to measure your food for a more accurate result. Otherwise, you might go wrong with the portion size and, consequently, get wrong numbers in the end. Good luck to you!

7. smithjohn

smithjohn Member
    Registered

Thanks for the quick reply April.
    Your reply the most welcomed. Also I got plenty of information how to use this app.

April likes this.