My first weigh in with the Doc

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Biddy, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Biddy

Biddy New Member
    Registered

Hi ya so i started just less than 3 weeks ago, doc put me on 15mg but i took 2 tablets as 15 wasnt doin anything for me, yesterday she upped me to 30mg .
    Startin weight was 87.5
    Yesterday weigh in 82.5 is this weight loss bad or good for 19 days??

kazzbah and Typical_Jules like this.
  2. Melmo

Melmo Member
    Registered

Hi, I think the amount people lose varies. I believe the biggest losses are in the first week, and then it tapers off. But if I understand correctly you should be consistently losing, if you're eating a low calorie diet and doing your exercise, you will lose something each week it may be as low as as 100grams or as much as a kg or more. :)

3. Typical_Jules

Typical_Jules Active Member
    Registered

that's pretty good for 3 weeks :) as melmo said it varies alot from person to person
    good luck with your journey :)

Melmo likes this.
  4. JoanneN

JoanneN New Member
    Registered

I lost 2.2kg in the first week with super healthy eating but minimal exercise but im up and about all day long running all around the city. I was a little disappointed. Seen so many people lose 5-6kg in the first week but then I need to remember that everyone loses weight differently. For example the more you have to lose, the more you lose initially. Going to push myself even more this week. I am so busy unfortunately with uni and whatnot so I am hoping I have an hour or so to exercise... For example today I had uni so I had about 20 mins of power walking to and from everywhere and am constantly running up and down stairs...

What are some pieces of advice anyone has for how to increase weight loss? Really scared, I would love to lose like 6-7kg in the first month but im not too sure. Also, does anyone find that when they take duromine in the morning by about 8pm their apetite starts to increase?

Melmo likes this.
  5. Melmo

Melmo Member
    Registered

Hi JoanneN, I am on my second week. My week 1 loss was 2.3kg, I saw my dr today and actually mentioned to her that I thought I hadn't had a great loss in comparison to others. She told me that would have been what she expected for a first week loss and more than that wouldn't be considered healthy. She also said its less after the first week but that a sustainable and healthy loss is under 1kg a week. There is a risk with very rapid weight loss of losing lean muscle instead of fat. Just keep doing what youre doing and you will get where you want to be. Every loss is a loss, and every loss is a win :) x

kazzbah likes this.
  6. Typical_Jules

Typical_Jules Active Member
    Registered

The more you weigh the more you loose in the first week I have noticed, at 79 kilo a 2.2 first week loss is good!

Melmo likes this.
  7. JoanneN

JoanneN New Member
    Registered

@Melmo you are very right. Its what my mum keeps saying to me. In general I am shorter and have a smaller frame, but most of my unwated weight hibernates around the bottom half of my body so it takes time to shed that. half way through my second week and lost almost another kg. Started intense cardio training today and will continue this so hope it makes a difference. Good luck everyone!

Melmo likes this.