My first 3 months on Duromine 30mg

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by NewBeginnings, Oct 30, 2012.

1. NewBeginnings

NewBeginnings New Member
    Registered

This is going to be a long journey to lose all the weight I need to lose in order to be healthy. So the modes’ operandi the doctor and I came up with is this: 3 months on Duromine (you are only allowed to be on it for 3 consecutive months) then one month off and then again another 3 months on. I need / want to lose about 60kg. This is a mammoth task!

Stats: Day 1 (16/10/2012) – 130.4kg
    Stats Day 14 (30/10/2012) – 125.5kg: loss 4.9kg :D

The first week my mouth was very dry and I had heaps of energy. From the second week, not as much energy and my mouth is not as dry though I still drink a lot of water. I do get hungry, but the obsession with food is not as much.

Will keep you posted on my progress – good luck on your journey!

Leigh'sgottalottolose likes this.
  2. NewBeginnings

NewBeginnings New Member
    Registered

Things are going well so far. Still no side effects, except for the dry mouth, but that is not such a major issue. I'm trying to go to the gym 3-4 days a week, put I really should up the visits to 5-6 days a week, but I will get there. When going to the gym I do spinning classes as my cardio and the also circuit / strength training. Health24 - South Africa's premier health and wellness site, provides world-class information and interactive tools for a healthy lifestyle has some amazing training programmes.

Stats: Day 18 (02/11/2012) - 124.0kg: loss 6.4kg :D

Going to visit the family for the whole weekend which has me a bit worried. Usually this is accompanied with lots of food (and normally the wrong type), so not sure how I'm going to handle this as I will not have a "need" for so much food. Also, I will also not be able to go to the gym. Will just check my diet next week and upexercisesice, hopefully all will be well.

3. AshleyJayne

AshleyJayne New Member
    Registered

Well done with your weight loss, 6.4kg is amazing! It gives you more incentive to keep going :)
    I also get worried about going to functions where I know there will be a lot of bad food there but you just need to remember how well you have done so far and the bad food isn't worth it. I can't bring myself to eat junk food anymore after being on Duromine for just over 2 weeks and losing just over 10kg, even though I allow myself 1 day a week to eat something a little less healthy... It just doesn't seem worth it.
    Good luck on your weight loss journey, I look forward to reading about how you're going with everything :)

4. NewBeginnings

NewBeginnings New Member
    Registered

Done with my first 3 week and things are really going well. Although I still get hungry (like now), my portion control is much better and I don't constantly think about food. The gym workouts is also going well so far, had a good spinning class this morning, so definitely burned some extra Kj.

Stats: Day 22 (06/11/2012) - 123.0kg: loss 7.4kg ;)

So far please with my progress, must just keep on track and stay focused. Going to train very hard this week and try to eat as "clean" as possible, want to have a "big" week iro weight loss.