My experience

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Vee, Apr 25, 2014.

1. Vee

Vee Active Member
    Registered

I started in the first week of March at 75.4 kilos a size 14 or large ( I'm 5'8).
    I was always around 64 kilos prior to having my baby at 33 I'm 40 now.
    I never felt like my self as a size 14 but I always bought great clothes and tried to rock it as much as possible. I tried Jenny Craig, weight watchers and I had a personal trainer last year 3 times a week .

I've been a strict vegetarian since I was 5 ( by the way my decision my parents eat meat) so I don't eat eggs, chicken, fish etc. one day a school mum and I were talking and she mentioned durimine and her success plus the fact that she had kept off her 10 kilos for 3 years. I decided to meekly ask my gp, I didn't want the heart palpitations or the sleep issues that others had that I researched, so I asked for the smallest dosage 15 Mls.i think this is where a lot of people go wrong having the normal 30 mls or 45mls.

In the first week I lost 3 kilos. I still felt like eating ( another problem with the 30mls is you don't want to eat). I ate all 3 meals and snacks I just had the power to make the right choices and get off my sugar dependency that I didn't realise that I had by the way on drinks like red bull and coke. I bought organic food and enjoyed amazing morning shakes I made with all fresh ingredients including full cream milk. I found a new passion for teas of the green variety, nuts and fresh soups and ways of making healthy food with out the cravings for pasta and rice. If I was going out I wouldn't eat breakfast and enjoy a lovely lunch allowing what ever I wanted ie pasta as a treat rather then a constant meal.

For a night time treat I freeze bananas and put in my bullet with crushed ice, milk and a touch if vanilla essence which makes amazing bananna ice cream! Even fussy pants daughter loves! As of today I weigh 67.2 kilos I've lost just over 8 kilos and I feel great, I enjoy sleeping plus some sneaky nana naps I look fantastic and with this amount of weight loss everyone notices. I've never felt speedy or weird or had any mood swings. If you go on this stuff and don't use it to change your eating habits nothing will change when you come off it. My second month finishes in 5 days I doubt I will get anymore, I will let you know how I go with out it and if I have any withdrawals from coming off it. I think if you feel the greatness of bring close to what you always used to weigh that in its self is the best feeling and motivation.

By the way 2 days ago I was in a store witchery. I saw a dress and instead of looking for that size 14 or large I grabbed the size 12 as I tried it on the sales assistant came inti the dressing room when she saw it on me she said " oh you need the size 10 I'll just check for one!" She said this like it was a normal thing,I know you know how happy this made me ( although doubt I would get into size 10 jeans!). I have enjoyed walks almost daily but no other excessive exercise this has been purely food weight loss, which is interesting as we always beat our sels up about exercise and we are told its 80 percent food that makes us put on weight. I hope this is of some interest and help for people :)

#1 Vee, Apr 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2014
    Jennaveve, Maz, sbexy and 7 others like this.
  2. Want2beskinnyagain

Want2beskinnyagain New Member
    Registered

How long did it take you to loose the weight ? :)

3. Vee

Vee Active Member
    Registered

I started in the first week of march at 75.4 kilos as if as if today I'm 64.3 kilos so just over 10 kilos. Still feel
    Great no side efforts at all!!!
    I'm still eating but as mentioned previously I am conscious about what I'm eating but still enjoying treats and eating out. Enjoying the feeling if being close to my normal weight I was most if my life prior to getting pregnant :)
    As mentioned strongly suggest the 15 mls as no speedy feelings, or heart palpitations, you do still feel hungry especially at the beginning whilst your stomach us learning to shrink and accept smaller portions.
    In 10 days I will be going on another script for every 2 days to get off them. Very, very grateful that my gp allowed me to go in them.
    Good luck in your journey :)

Melmo likes this.
  4. Vee

Vee Active Member
    Registered

Sorry just under 10 kilos and a few other spelling errors but you get the drift!

Melmo likes this.
  5. Audrey3

Audrey3 Moderator
    Staff Member

Congratulations Vee! It is an amazing feeling putting on a dress you weren't able to wear for a long time, and suddenly it fits:D. That to me is motivation.

Melmo likes this.
  6. Skinny2B

Skinny2B New Member
    Registered

Vee, thanks for sharing your story! It's great to hear some success. I'm seeing my Dr on Friday and hoping she will prescribe Duromine for me. Initially I thought I might need the 30mg, but now I think I'm keen to start on the 15mg and see how I go. I'm 163cm and 82kg, so would love to loose between 15-20kgs! It's a long road, but one I'm ready to walk.
    Congrats on getting your hot bod back! Enjoy the size 10 clothes!

Melmo likes this.
  7. Vee

Vee Active Member
    Registered

Thanks so much for responding skinny2b!!!
    It's my goal to get people trying the 15mls just see if good, if not you can always go higher. So many people having issues so thought worth sharing . I still had a bit of a rumbley tummy the first week so still required effort. I like to eat and I do want to still enjoy my food :) I'm so happy in my 64s in a perfect world I would get to the 62s, but you have to be content too! Got new corporate photos taken and booked family shoot for this Friday so if nothing else I've got some amazing photos! Some drs are not into durimine so don't be offended. It's not a long road from March to May it took me, with no exercise, as mentioned before you really understand it's all about the food!!!! I wish you and every other person only the best :)

shellyisme and Melmo like this.
  8. Vee

Vee Active Member
    Registered

Just letting people know I haven't had any for 5 days now. Yesterday I was my lightest 63.9 :) had no bad symtoms or feeling that I needed to pig out or any manic feelings.
    Just thought let people know as we all want to keep the weight off after we get off the tablets. I feel I've got off my sugar addiction :) my stomach size appears to have shrunk and I'm not craving big meals anymore. Hope your journey is amazing too :)
    Only prob now is finding clothes to wear as everything is too big for me! Xxxx

Jennaveve, Tan, Lodd and 4 others like this.
  9. Skinny2B

Skinny2B New Member
    Registered

That's great news Vee! Well done

10. Vee

Vee Active Member
    Registered

It's been approx 6 weeks since I got off durimine, I had no side affects when I got off them. Today I weigh 63.5 kilos from my intial 75.4kilos. I look and feel great. Got some more jeans the other day american size 4 that fit great. Happy I lost weight I winter so now hope to use exercise to sculpt my body as don't need to loose any more weight as 5"8.
    Please look at comments above re weight loss. My top tips - don't do any exercise if you want go for a walk . The weight loss is from your food intake . Buy a nutra bullet off the tv not the one in the shops- have a morning shake with it every mornjnb and make banana Icecream every night. When you go out for dinner eat what ever you want!!!! Weigh yourself every day that way you can keep your self in check. Doesn't make you a mental case but doesn't allow you loose all the weight then let it slip back on! If you are a bit naughty then get back on it the next day . In the early days I had weekly goals - write it in lipstick on your mirror in your bathroom a weekly reminder. I've developed a love if green teas they make your stomach flat and you can get obsessed with trying all of the different ones. If you hate drinking water then drink heaps if green tea.
    Don't give up, the durimine is your little friend helping you but you still need to do the hard work .
    Just thought worth checking in give you update.
    Thanks v :)

Tan, 10kgtolose, lavender01 and 5 others like this.
  11. Vee

Vee Active Member
    Registered

63.3 kilos still steady months after getting off durimine. You can keep weight off afterwards, just keeping you up dated. Having stated the exercise yet hoping to start today!
    Biggest help to others is to enjoy the food, have little treats still and not giving up if you have a bad day!
    I'm now always conscious if what I eat. So if going out for dinner will be extra good for other meals. I think bread and pasta were my real issues and these are just guest stars in my life now ( were daily previously). Also look at the back of everything in the sugar section- in the first sugar Columbus it says over 6 or 7 think very seriously about having! This is a massive thing to know and help with your weight loss journey. Don't worry about all the other stuff just what I said . I buy organic chocolate bars that are 3 or 4 sugar, had a temp at my work she had a chocolate bar and I said look at the sugar it was - 26!!!! In her week working with me she lost 3kilos!!!! I got her into green teas. If you think you hate green tea it's because you haven't found one you like. I buy all different ones - go to the t2 shop And buy loose ones And buy a mr tea man ( he sits in your cup And you fill his pants up with tea- very cute) you can buy ebay for a around $3.00 or in shops here for approx $20. You can refill water all day using same leaves. 6-8 cups a day there's your water intake And I think it doesn't make you crave sugar!!! Anazeballs!!!
    Ps if you have got anything good from this post plse respond as im coming back on to keep you all motivated and give updates from someone who has lost weight on durimine And got got them and still loosing weight. Figure people just looking at my photo in jeans pictured. I'm not sure how to load an old one but trust me - massive change!

lavender01, sbexy, Fatmumfit and 2 others like this.
  12. Vee

Vee Active Member
    Registered

This is previous photo x vee image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Tan, lavender01, Fatmumfit and 5 others like this.
  13. christine V

christine V Member
    Registered

Thanks so much for posting your story. It's definitely spurred me on! I'm going back to the doc's tomorrow to change from 30mg down to 15mg as I just can not sleep on the 30mg. I have been so worried that the 15mg wont suppress my appetite as much, but it has obviously worked great for you. Keeping my fingers crossed. Congrats to you for getting such great results.

14. Vee

Vee Active Member
    Registered

Hi Christine , yes so many people give up as the 30mils makes them a bit cray cray!!! I'm not saying that you will have the total appetite supressant that you might get with the 30mls but it's still massively going to take the edge off plus allow you to eat still and go to sleep.
    Like my gp said it's not a wonder drug you still need to work it. At first I still had to work through the rumbley tummies as my stomach was shrinking. I have gone from a size 14 to a 10. I couldn't get out of the 70s before for 8 years and although I appreciate that there are women on here who have are trying to loose greater weight numbers everyone's weight is their personal issue and I feel now that I've got my sexy back.
    I'm trying to spruke the 15mls message and offer any other tips that have helped too. My partner is now starting to want to loose weight but he was a big problem for me as he used to make all there " treaties" for me at night time. Another thing is you need to get really selfish and do your own food. Good luck x v

lavender01 and shellyisme like this.
  15. christine V

christine V Member
    Registered

Haha yes the treaties!! I know that all to well. My partner doesn't have to lose any weight, and he is constantly coming up with delicious snacks that you need an iron willpower to resist. It's like he doesn't want me to lose the weight.... I'm 75kgs and want to get down to around 65kgs. So near, yet so far.

16. BabyT3112

BabyT3112 New Member
    Registered

hi vee u look amazing how long did it take for u to loose the weight?

17. christine V

christine V Member
    Registered

BabyT3112 I think it took her 8 weeks to lose just under 10kgs on the 15mg.
    Vee I'm also 5"8 and 42, so we are very similar in weight etc

BabyT3112 likes this.
  18. christine V

christine V Member
    Registered

Oh and the doctor said I'm going to have to work alot harder on the 15mg as it doesn't suppress your appetite as much as the 30mg. Vee did the 15mg help you to eat less?? On the 30mg I have to remind myself to eat, and then I get full so quick! Sorry about all the questions, but you are one of the very few on here that is on the 15mg

Melmo likes this.
  19. JoanneN

JoanneN New Member
    Registered

Hey,

So great to see everyones amazing results! its so amazing.

Im on the second week of the 40mg dose. And today i weighed in and lost 1.7kg. Haven't done as much exercise as I want to, but still so happy especially considering im super bloated because my period is due. Hoping for an even better result next week! Hoping I can lose about 7kg in the first month, and then in the second i go down to the 30mg and hope i can lose another 5 in the second.

Soo inspiring seeing everyones results, especially considering i was feeling down for not losing enough on my first week on the 40mg but then i remembered that i didn't have as much to lose as some people and maybe not as much water retention.

Melmo and christine V like this.
  20. Vee

Vee Active Member
    Registered

Hi everyone, thanks so much for your messages. I'm not on facebook or any other social media so I find this all strange but very motivating, even for me who's now lost the weight. I believe in helping you all now and then you can pass on the goodness to others! Please read all of my above mentioned tips. The one amazing thing I can tell you is that it does suddenly get very easy! I know that's freaky right!!!! You just have to push through the start as your body wants to stay at the weight it is, it doesn't understand what's going on and it's saying to you
    " what are you doing I need more pasta/ bread/ potatoes etc to get me filled. " this stuff allows you to fight this. I honestly couldn't have done it without durimine. Just answering the question about appetite suppression. Yes I still wanted to eat on durimine - it just took the edge of. I didn't want to stop eating as I didn't want to be one of the people who lost all the weight then put it all back on again.
    Use this special time to change your habits - have morning amazing shake ( not processed ones), check sugar level on everything, enjoy old good just get healthier version ie organic dark chocolate, pumpkin pasta ( yum) belita potatoes 50%less carbs.
    My daughter had her netball awards night last Friday. One of the mums today said her husband didn't even reconise me! I've now started to exercise in time for summer. If you go hard now you can have the best summer ever! I've finally gone through my wardrobe and given away my size 14s dresses. I'm looking forward to buying a bikini for the first time ever!!! Please take care

lavender01, KatieB, D__emi and 3 others like this.