1. Hi Guest, please read about new forum structure
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Live chat was removed from the Home page of the forum. You can access it in the Shoutbox section.
    Dismiss Notice

My experience- Week four done!

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Sammie, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Sammie

Sammie New Member
    Registered

Hey guys, I just joined up to the site and saw many people keeping a log of their progress on here so I thought I would do the same. I was originally 86kg but I lost 16kg on my own, but these last 6 months I have stayed at 70kg. Eating 1200cal, very strict and very healthy. 20% Carb, 40% Fat and 40% Protein. 20-70mins a day of HIIT workouts. Only ever missed 2 days in the last 2 months. But I hit a brick wall and didn't lose a gram for 2 whole months, so I went to the doctor. She did blood work, everything was fine apart from my liver function was a little low. I put that down to the two years before I started, I was a heavy drinker, but I gave all that up. So she proscribed me Duromine.

Ok so here are my stats:

Height: 5'3"
    Starting weight: 69.1kg
    Start date: 12/6/17
    Wished goal: 55kg
    Realistic goal: 60kg

Ok it's been 3 days now at the moment I am sitting on 69.7, I've been watching each day the scales going up 69.3, 69.5 and today 69.7. Very disappointing start, but I'm just putting it down to not sleeping. I've been getting only 2-3 hours sleep at night and I never lose when I don't sleep. I'll weigh again on day 7 and see where I'm at. Gosh I hope this works, I don't know what else to do other then starving myself. :(

Updates:

Week 1
    After a bit of a weight gain I finally lost
    Weight: 68.0kg
    So including the weight gain I lost a total of 1.7kg Yay!

Week 2
    Now much this week. Only .5kg :(
    Weight: 67.5kg
    Lost a total of 2.2kg.

Week 3
    Nothing this week. :(
    Weight: 67.5kg
    Lost a total of 2.2kg.

Week 4
    1.2kg loss this week!
    Weight: 66.3kg
    Lost a total of 3.4kg.

I am at the end of my prescription I'll let you know if my doctor puts me on it again.

#1 Sammie, Jun 15, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hello Sammie! Welcome to the forum and congratulations with your own thread. I hope you will solve the issue of retained water and continue your journey. I already answered you in the shoutbox, and I will repeat it again here just to make sure you don’t miss this. If your water retention problem doesn’t pass tomorrow, you should address to the doctor. Besides, you feel discouraged that you gained weight. Of course, you did – water!

Let’s hope, everything will be fine and you will continue your journey. I just wrote a post to the user, who has the same plateau problem. If your weight stopped at some point and doesn’t move at all for a long time, means you need to change something for a short period of time, like for a day or two. I mean to increase or lower your food intake. If you usually consume 1200 cal a day, add 10-20% in a day, and continue for three days at 1200 cal, then lower the caloric value by 10-20%, and then continue with your usual 1200 cal. This should work. 70 minutes of HIIT workouts might be too much for such a scarce nutritional value of your menu. You might be losing a lot more, if you start eating 1500 calories on days, when you exercise 40-70 minutes, and 1200 calories on days when you don’t exercise more than 30 minutes. Or exercise every other day.

Sleep, of course, is an important factor. Your body already seems to be exhausted and now the lack of sleep… Hopefully this side effect of Duromine subsides in a couple of days and you will be able to have some decent rest. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you! You deserve to achieve the success, since you already know you are a strong woman. You managed to defeat your bad habit, and I am sure you will manage to defeat excess weight. Best of luck!

Sammie likes this.
  3. Sammie

Sammie New Member
    Registered

Thank you so much for your reply April!

The water retention is going down and has all but gone now. So lucky!
    My doctor told me the same thing about the cal intake might be a bit low. So I upped my food intake for a few days and yesterday brought it back to 1200cal. Today I am back to 69.1kg, I do suspect that it was water weight. I slept ok last night with the help of a sleeping aid, I will try no sleeping aid tonight, I don't like using them. Getting under that 69kg is going to be a huge step, been stuck for so long. I will keep you updated.

4. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Oh thank God! You scared me, to tell the truth. I really always fear of any uncommon side effects. I am a bit on the panicky side. Wow! I am glad your doctor is a good doctor and didn’t suggest lowering the cal intake, like some doctors do (no idea what’s in their heads).

So looking forward to the moment when you say that you’re finally out of 69. I know how it feels, so I will keep my fingers crossed, and all the rest that can be crossed. Somehow, I feel that when you see the scales show less than 69, your attitude changes and you will begin losing weight a lot more efficiently. Let’s see. Best of luck and a lovely day!

5. Sammie

Sammie New Member
    Registered

Well I finally did start losing I'm now sitting on 68.0kg so far. So not a bad start. :D

#5 Sammie, Jun 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  6. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

WOOOHOOO!!! YAY! The train started moving! So happy for you, Sammie! Keep it up and have a wonderful day!

7. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hi Sammie! How did the previous week go for you? Still on the positive side and ready for some action? Enjoy the new week and I wish you even more inspiring results!

8. Sammie

Sammie New Member
    Registered

Only lost .5kg this week, but still pushing forward. :)

9. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

A loss is a loss, and it’s great! Just remember how long your weight was at the same place over and over… did you do any measurements? They are also great to track the progress. Well done on pushing forward. High five! A lovely day to you!

10. Sammie

Sammie New Member
    Registered

No weight loss this week. :(

11. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

And no weight gain either. So that’s good. This does happen to many people. Usually, on week 2 or 3. Stay consistent and it will begin moving again.

When you have time and if you have the desire, write, please, what you do and how you eat, how much water you consume. Let’s see, what’s going on.

Don’t get discouraged, Sammie! From the very beginning, you don’t have THAT much weight to lose, so it is normal to have a slower progress. Our body always tends to give up the last kilos with hardest fight. You can do it!

12. Sammie

Sammie New Member
    Registered

I lost 1.2kg loss this week! I have finished my prescription, I'll let you know if my doctor puts me back on it. I don't think I lost in week 3 because I got my period that week and I naturally gain normally in that week and lose it again.

13. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Oh WOW! Such a great weight loss! So what is the overall amount of kilos you managed to shed during the first month? In fact, I am sure it is a lot more important for you that you have finally managed to shift your weight from that dead point. Congratulations, Sammie!

If you want to get another month on Duromine, then I will keep my fingers crossed your doc prescribes it to you. How do you feel, by the way? Any unpleasant sensations? Does the appetite suppression still work?

A lovely day and mood to you!

14. Sammie

Sammie New Member
    Registered

It's been about 10 days after Duromine. I gained a little bit of weight after and went up to 66.8kg but 500g isn't much of a gain really. I already had a small appetite before I started so I didn't think I would gain much back. About 3 days ago my weight started to plummet and now I'm down to 65.8. It was all fat loss too, even gained some muscle and water weight! (Love my body analyzer1, love love love it!). This all while I'm not on the tablet. Could the tablet have helped quicken my metabolism up? Because I feel I'm eating a bit more then before and still loosing. The first 6 days after I had nose bleeds every day, it was horrible. Is that common?

15. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hello, Sammie! Great news from you, thanks for sharing! Well, I am not sure if you are still going through the metabolism boost that Duromine might have caused, yet the fact that you have gained muscle and eat a bit more than you used to eat makes me believe that your metabolic rate did get higher. You see, many people, who are going through a clever weight loss program, do not lower their food intake drastically, and up it a bit instead + exercise. Thus, you fuel your body well, while bigger muscles help you burn more calories even at rest. Seems to me you have achieved a perfect ratio of food intake-exercising. Just remember, as the weight gets smaller, you might consider lowering the food intake little by little.

Did not hear about the nose bleeds, though, after a small research, I did find that it is one of infrequent side effects of Duromine, so yes, it could have caused these. Did you check your blood pressure just in case?

All in all, Sammie, my opinion is that your short Duromine journey was a huge success, and it seems to me that now you know your body a lot better and are capable of moving great without Duromine! You are so BRAVO! I am extremely happy for you from the bottom of my heart! Stay healthy, happy and always positive about your forces! Take care!

• Like us on Facebook