My duromine notes

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Chum, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Chum

Chum New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Hey guys, I just wanted somewhere that I could write down my losses/thoughts maybe gains/plateus.

I am a 23 year old female who has struggled with my weight like many of you for my whole life.

I have been on duromine in the past and it definitely did help me.

I was lap banded in 2014 and lost about 35kgs. I have managed to gain back nearly all of that.. around 27kgs.

So here I am back on duromine lol
    This time around I haven’t felt the boost of energy like I did in the past. Last time I could walk for 10kms a day whereas now I’m feeling quite sluggish. My appetite is very much down and I’m not craving foods so I guess that’s the most important part for me anyway because I tend to mindlessly eat in front of the tv.

Today is my third day so I’ll be back on Thursday when I weigh myself.

2. Chum

Chum New Member
    Registered

Day 4 and I’m feeling hunger more which sucks...

The first two days I had zero hunger and made myself eat. Yesterday I had a bit of hunger but wasn’t thinking about food which was good and now today I’m feeling hungry and thinking about food :/

Here’s to hoping I don’t turn into food monster tomorrow.

Jana likes this.
  3. Chum

Chum New Member
    Registered

Just wanted to add that I’m really struggling with drinking water it actually makes me feel physically sick and I’m not sure why.... I know it’s really important for weight loss but I just can’t do it. I have a few sips here and there and one juice box a day because of calories and sugar. I’m hoping it doesn’t hinder my weight loss.

I’ve never had trouble with water in the past and I actually enjoy drinking so its a bit weird.

My side effects so far are:
    Dry mouth
    I had some mild shakes in my hands yesterday
    Sleep has been affected. Day one and two I had 2 hours sleep and day three I managed a long 9 hour or so sleep because I was so sleep deprived.
    Diarrhoea
    Struggling to drink water
    I’ve also had a soapy taste in my mouth which is weird

4. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hello Chum! Welcome to the forum! I don’t know how, but you need to make yourself drink water. It might help adding some lemon/lime juice to it. Or you might take that juice box (small of 200 ml?) and add a teaspoon/tablespoon of it into each glass of water that you take. Not having more than one small juice box is a reasonable amount of sugar (if there is not that much sugar in it, because sometimes a small box of juice has up to 8 tsp of sugar). You might be getting hungry because of insufficient hydration. =( Besides, you also have diarrhoea, so you’re losing liquid and your slat-mineral balance does suffer from that. I hope you will manage to cope with the water task and keep in mind that you need to eat small meals in the first part of the day, so that you don’t binge later. It’s logic. Best of luck and wish you a successful weight loss journey!

5. Chum

Chum New Member
    Registered

I ate some really spicy food today and had no issue with drinking a bottle of water after that haha
    Thanks!

April likes this.
  6. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

7. Chum

Chum New Member
    Registered

Drinking more water today and yesterday and munching on cucumbers for that little bit of extra water too :)

Weighing myself tomorrow!

8. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Well done! Fingers crossed!;)

Chum likes this.
  9. Jana

Jana New Member
    Registered

Same as me! I am on day 2.

10. Lottie86

Lottie86 Member
    Registered

Try lemon or lime with water

Jana likes this.
  11. Chum

Chum New Member
    Registered

I’m able to drink now so I think you’ll be fine soon.

I was reading about how 8 glasses of water a day is a myth because we get a lot water in the food that we eat. Fruits and veg have heaps of water.

I’ve had one drink bottle a day the last two days so I’m definitely doing better.

I was drinking A LOT of coke before I started on duromine lol so it’s good to finally be drinking water again

12. Chum

Chum New Member
    Registered

My doctor weighed me at 95 when I saw him yesterday and I’m not sure if I’ll be going to my mums today to be able to use her scales like I did last week.

So I think I’ll wrap this week up at 95kgs which is a 2kg loss in the first week. I’m happy with that!

I need to start exercising but still struggling with motivation for that. But no coke or chocolate is a really huge step for me so I’m pretty proud of myself so far :)

Jana likes this.
  13. Chum

Chum New Member
    Registered

I feel like the effects of the duromine have diminished. I’m battling myself today with hunger/head hunger. Might have to go back and get a prescription for the higher dose. Going to stick this month out though as I have already bought it.

My latest attempts at eating well haven’t lasted more than 3 days at a time this year.. so far so good. I’m trying my best :D

14. Determined93

Determined93 Member
    Registered

I reccomended giving it a bit more time. Towards the end of my first week I started to feel as though duromine no longer had an effect on me at all but a few days later things picked back up again. Also with the increased hunger I find that if I stall for a while (half hour or so) it would go away and I wouldn’t be hungry anymore.

Ps. Good job on cutting out coke. I used to be a huge coke drinker as well so I know how hard it is to give it up. I also noticed that because coke was my main source of hydration for so many years that I became really intolerant to water, I could sip on maybe a couple of 600ml bottles a day but anymore then that and I would feel ill. As I was giving up coke I slowly increased my water intake and now I don’t get sick from it anymore. Tea was always helpful too when I was increasing my water intake because it’s mostly water and I found that it helped.

April and Chum like this.
  15. Jana

Jana New Member
    Registered

Great advice thank you. I had some strawberry teat today and that made me feel better.

Chum likes this.
  16. Chum

Chum New Member
    Registered

I ate badly yesterday. I know duromine is only a tool so I have no one to blame but myself. At the same time it could have been much worse so I’m glad that I had some self control and didn’t go too overboard.

It’s scary having this relationship with food and I’m really not sure how to break it. Will power and motivation is so hard to find when you’ve been in a downward spiral for such a long time.

I’ve been feeling more hunger as each day passes and as a result have been eating more. It’s not as much as I used to which is a positive but it is still too much for my liking.