My Duromine Journey

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Sophie_R, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Sophie_R

Sophie_R New Member
    Registered

Hi All,

My Name is Sophie, I'm 25 and started Duromine 40mg 2 days ago (Thursday 26/07). My starting weight was 95kgs and I'm 175 cm tall. I would love to lose 35kgs and weigh 60kgs but I think once I hit 70kgs will keep an eye on how I look, may not need to lose the extra 10kgs :)

First day of Duromine I took the tablet at 6am while I was getting ready for work. I felt it kicked in by the time I started work at 8am and felt really buzzy, lots of energy. Did find I had a slight dry mouth but nothing too bad. I drank lots of water during the day, easily 2L. I had two rapid weight loss shakes and an orange during the day. Went to the gym after work and was there for a hour doing cardio. Got home used my ab circle pro for about 5 mins and then made dinner of Steak and salad. I found during the day I did not feel hungry and at dinner could not finish all of it.

I did get a slight headache in the evening but that went away by the time I went to bed. That night I had a terrible sleep. I felt like I was awake all night, I'm thinking a may have napped for 20 mins then would wake up and be awake for a while then nap again etc. Though when I got up Friday morning I did not feel tired like a I usually do.

Day Two: Again took the tablet at 6am but I felt like it didn't kick in. I felt hungry on and off all during the day but stayed strong and made sure I ate well. Again I had two rapid weight loss shakes and 2 pieces of fruit - orange and an apple. Again after work I went to the gym for an hour but this time doing cardio and weights. Got home, used my ab circle pro and had Steak and salad for dinner. I still had a slight dry throat which doesn't bother me and I don't notice unless I think about. Last night I felt like I slept better but still had moments where I tossed and turned.

Today, day Three: I had set my alarm for 6am, took my tablet and went back to sleep until 8:30. I thought today even though I've been on duromine for two days would have a quick peek at the scales. I was going to try and not look until this coming Thursday once it had been a week but I couldn't help myself he he. Glad I did check, I had lost 3kgs, now weighing 92kgs. I do know this is just be water weight but it has got me really pumped. I'm hoping I can lose 6kgs in my first week. That would be amazing :)

So far today I've had 2 up & go's as I left my diet shakes at work and a orange. Will have another piece of fruit soon before I go to the gym. Trying to make sure I drink enough water. When I go to the gym today, I'll be just doing an hour cardio. Tonight I'll have steak and salad AGAIN .. so boring I know but I really enjoy it ha ha. I still feel hungry on and off and I'm hoping after a few days this will go away.

I'm hoping to post my journey most days (that may become a little to much) but differently every week, with my weight loss update :) and what I've been doing to achieve the loss.

I think being on the forum is a great way to stay motivated and see how everyone else is doing and I do wish everyone the best with their journey's and hope they reach their goals :)

2. Sophie_R

Sophie_R New Member
    Registered

So yesterday I went to the gym and did my hour of cadio. I was feeling a bit hungry when I finished so decided to head into the supermarket and grab a small handful of ham. Ate this and felt full so didn't need to start cooking dinner once I got home. Later in the evening had my boring steak and salad ha ha.
    I tried to make sure I drank enough water during the day as it really helps with weight loss from what I've have been reading. Went to bed feeling a bit hungry but woke up today at 6am had my tablet and the hungry feeling had vanished.
    Sleep is still not the best and today I am feeling tired. I'm still going to make myself go to the gym because I find I do get an energy boost when I'm there :)

I received my bodytrim package on friday and have been reading that, will watch the dvd's later today. Thinking I might start it in a months times while on Duromine and see if I can get better results. Has lots of yummy recipes in it that I want to try.

I also forgot to mention that I measured myself yesterday, which I'm going to do every 4 weeks.

Here are my measurements

Bust:109cm
    Waist: 92cm
    Lower Abdomen: 110cm
    Hips:112cm
    Thighs: 65.5cm

With these measurements it says in sizing charts I'm size 18 (au), though I do find I'm a size 16 (au) or sometimes a 14 (au) at different stores.

The measurements I would like to acheive would be

Bust: 81 - 86cm
    Waist:63 - 73cm
    Hips: 88.5 - 93.5cm

This would make me a size 8 to 10. I would have to lose between 60.5 - 80.5 cm off my body to acheive this. Seems like a lot but I think it is attainable :)

Off to the gym - Have a great day everyone

3. Sophie_R

Sophie_R New Member
    Registered

So today is Day 7 and finally I'm starting to not feel hungry, yay!! I've been sticking to my diet shakes, fruit, salad and meat. I haven't had any kind of junk food since starting, even when I went to the movies last night. Usually I would have a coke top and a large soft drink but I just had water and didn't steal any of my friends popcorn he he.
    I have my weigh in tomorrow morning and I'm starting to get nervous :S maybe I shouldn't have weighed myself on Saturday and seen I had lost 3kgs. Now I'm worried I've put on weight, eep!
    I'm hoping that I've maintained that 3kg loss or loss more. I have my fingers crossed to have lost 6kgs. It would make my day to see I'm back in the 80's :)
    Will be posting again with the update, maybe have to get up a bit earlier so I have time to post before work :)

4. Sophie_R

Sophie_R New Member
    Registered

I have done my weigh in and I'm very pleased to inform I have lost 5kgs in one week :) wooo!
    Didn't reach my goal but I'm not fussed because I was only 1kg off. I really hope I can lose another 5kgs in the next week. Would be great to tell family and friend I've lost 10kgs in two weeks he he.
    Will continue how I'm eating and will still be going to the gym. The past week I've been every day. I don't want to over do it, so I'm dropping down to 5 days per week, monday to Friday. Monday, Wednesday and Friday will be cardio and weights, Tuesday and Thursday will just be cardio.

I hope everyone is doing well with their weight loss. Please join in the conversation if you would like. Love to hear how everyone is doing :)

5. BECBRIDGE

BECBRIDGE New Member
    Registered

Hi Sophie!
    Congratulations on your results - You're doing so well!
    I have just started Duromine 30mg. I'm a 23 year old female who is 170cm, weighing in at 94kg. My goal weight is to get back down to 60kg, so I've got a long way to go!
    I've heard that the results are really drastic in the beginning, then they die off after the first couple of weeks. I wanted to know how you're going now? I see your last post was July.
    Hope to hear from you! :)

6. Sophie_R

Sophie_R New Member
    Registered

Hi Bec,

I was doing very well and then a week and a half in I stopped taking duromine as I was going out alot. I fell off the wagon and ate really bad and had lots of alcohol, eep.
    So I'm very sure I've put all the weight back on :(
    I'll be starting again tomorrow, I've stocked up the fridge and I just need to stay strong :)
    I have heard that you lose a lot of weight like the first week or two and then it dies off. I think if you eat well and exercise you will continue to see results it week. I just have to listen to myself and put that it in action.
    I'll update in a week and let you know how I've been going.
    How are your results?

7. Lillybetts

Lillybetts New Member
    Registered

This is so inspiring! How are you doing now?

8. Houlio

Houlio New Member
    Registered

I'm in my 4th week now and would have to say the exercising is the biggest helper. I eat really well now but without exersice I don't think I would have lost as much weight each week. Hang in there!

9. allmineonlymine

allmineonlymine New Member
    Registered

Hi, I'm a newbie to duromine. Started it on Thursday, and must
    Say I am not hungry at all, except first thing in the morning. But
    Half an hour after the capsule the hunger subsides. I found the first
    Two nights I nearly slept, but that has now gone back to normal.
    My question Is, should I be forcing myself to eat? I have lost 4.7 kgs in 4 days.
    And in that time had 1 egg, chicken salad last night, and a piece of
    Steak the night before. Honestly not hungry at all, but very thirsty.
    Drinking at least 3 ltrs a day. Pretty much just 1 protein every night.
    Just worried about the lack of nutrition in my diet. But honestly I a
    Finding it hard to eat. I had a hens night last night and I know your
    Not supposed to consume alcohol, but I did, I know I'm bad, but felt
    No ill effect afterwards though. What are the dangers of alcohol and
    Duromine?