My Duromine Journey - 30mg

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Spring, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Spring

Spring New Member
    Registered

Hi Everyone,

I am starting my Duromine journey today, this is my second try with the medicine. I've shared my story with weight loss over the years in the introduction section and I won't repeat again here. Btw, my doctor prescribed me with the 30mg Duromine for a month and 30 tablets of Xenical to be taken once a day before my heaviest meal.

Firstly, here are the stats:
    Day 1
    Height: 159cm
    SW: 98.2kg
    CW: 98.2kg
    GW: 80kg
    Mini Goal: 90kg
    Dream Weight: 60kg

Today, I woke up at 6.45am and took the first pill. I didn't take breakfast and took a light lunch at 1pm, consisting of boiled mushrooms, tofu, fishcake and a hotdog without the bread. Throughout the morning I have been trying to take sips of water every few minutes to prevent from dry mouth. I am feeling awake and energised at the moment and writing this post during my lunch break.

I'm not sure if my body will reacts with Duromine well this time round since it's a second try. I sure hope it does. I am meeting my cousin later for dinner so I hope I won't be eating too much.

I am trying to do the 8/16 intermittent fasting method which restricts my food intake timing to 8 hours a day. I will be choosing to eat between 12noon to 8pm everyday as I really can't stand skipping dinner. I hope I can stick to this eating pattern until I reached my target weight. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I plan to update my progress once a week after my weigh-in to keep track of things. Hope to keep myself motivated by reading more success stories and experiences by other users. I am also planning of trying Zumba session this weekend and hitting my 10k steps everyday. Hopefully I get can good results this time round.

Jaydeblue likes this.
  2. Spring

Spring New Member
    Registered

Today is my first weekly weight-in. Here are the results of my 1st week on Duromine:

1st Week: 93kg (5.2kg loss)

Height: 159cm
    SW: 98.2kg
    CW: 93kg
    Total Loss: 5.2kg
    GW: 80kg
    Mini Goal: 90kg
    Dream Weight: 60kg

I usually take the pill every morning at 6.45am. In the first 3 days, i stayed up till 3am. From the 4th day onwards, I felt tired at around 10-11pm so i slept early. I feel that it is a good way to adjust my lifestyle to sleep early and wake early.

I didn't feel much of other side effects, except for a little dry mouth which prompts me to drink more water. I always had difficulties drinking 2 litres of water a day and I barely managed 1 litre a day. With Duromine and occasional dry mouth (especially when I just wake up), I managed to take in around 1.5 litres a day. I know it is not sufficient for a healthy lifestyle but I am trying my best to drink as much so as to prevent any dehydration.

I'm not sure if it's due to me taking Duromine before which built up immunity to the drug in my body. But I realised that it doesn't work as well as it used to when I first try it 2 years ago. I don't feel hungry all the time but I still have appetite for food when I see them, sometimes I still do have some cravings but I realised that I am able to control them. It does help in controlling my snacking habit between meals and I am able to choose healthier snacks to munch on. At the same time, I am doing the 8/16 intermittent fasting so I don't take breakfast, just lunch, dinner and a tea break (around 3.30pm to 4pm) everyday between 12noon to 8pm.

I made an effort to eat clean such as boiled or steamed meat, egg and vegetables or soups. As I can't take in alot of food in one meal (possibly due to Duromine and that I am a bariatric patient), these low caloric foods caused my calorie intake to be extremely low. Thus I need to make up the calories through tea break snacks such as nuts, protein bars, dark chocolate with higher than 80% cocoa (about 3g of sugar per serving) and oat granola. Even with these extra calories, I barely hit 800-900 calories a day. I focused on mainly protein dense foods such as fish, chicken and eggs, as well as healthy but low fat and even lower carbohydrates. As I was a diabetes patient a year ago, even though the blood sugar level is in control right now, my doctor told me that I will never be declared fully recovered as diabetes can always come back if I fail to watch my diet. Thus, I am also very cautious of the amount of sugar I am consuming.

I hope to keep up with clean eating for the rest of the 3 months on Duromine but I know it will be difficult due to the various upcoming social events. I have a family gathering tomorrow and I hope I won't be tempted to eat unhealthy/sugary foods. A loss of 5.2kg in the 1st week is considered quite alot although I know that most of it will be water weight. Let's just see how things go and hopefully I will continue to lose weight.

Till next week~