My Duromine Experience

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by ruby30mg, Aug 10, 2011.

1. ruby30mg

ruby30mg New Member
    Registered

Hello All,

Today is my first day taking Duromine 30mg which my doctor has prescribed me. I am 20 Years old and overweight. My height is 152cm and my current weight in 60KG and BMI is 26. I know I am not extremely overweight or obese but because I am short my weight is not distributed evenly throughout my body. Since a child I have always been the 'fat girl' in the class and my whole teenage life has been a battle with weight. At one stage of my life where losing weight was easier when you are younger (14 years old) I went from 54 kilos to 45 kilos in 8 months with a healthy diet and extreme exercise. Because I was not very educated at that stage, after the 8 months I completely stopped exercising and began eating like my old habits and ended up gaining everything back (plus more) in only one and a half months. By the time I finished school I weighed 55 kilos. My weight was always yo-yoing after my school years. If I'd get sick I would loose 2-3 kilos then gain it back and more. In the past three years I have gained roughly 10 kilos. For someone my height 10 kilos is alot. All my friends are tall and when comparing our weight I weigh more than those that are 20cm taller than me! :(

My goal weight is 48 kilos. Which is healthy for my height. Sorry I have to keep reminding you readers that I am petite but stubby - & only 20 years old. I would like to reach my goal weight within the next 2 months. I know it will be harder for me in the future to try to lose weight when I am older and that is the main thing I want to avoid. I have tried everything, exercising, changing my diet, starving but I just fall off the wagon over and over again.

My diet plan while on duromine will consists of cutting out all sorts of fast food, alcohol, fried food, red meat and most carbohydrates. So I will be feasting on lots of fresh leafy greens, steamed or grilled chicken/fish, canned tuna, steamed vegetables & cornthins. Drinking Plenty of water!!

My exercise regime will consist of 1.5 - 2 hours at the gym 4 - 5 days a week doing lots of cardio and weight machines (signed up for the gym yesterday). I have also taken up yoga classes which started two days ago and will also be doing 4 - 5 days a week (one hour classes). I find that yoga really helps the mind and makes me focus of my goals and keeps me motivated. It also helps me stretch since I haven't been to the gym in almost a year.

I will be posting daily entries of my experience with the medication and hopefully posting my weight loss!!

So far today I have eaten a leafy green salad w/canned honey mustard chicken and 500ml of water, This was my first meal today since I woke up late and skipped breakfast. I am drinking lots of water regularly as my doctor says I will be easily dehydrated so I am taking often trips to the toilet.

RUBY30MG
    H: 152CM
    CW: 60KG

2. RaspberryJade

RaspberryJade New Member
    Registered

I can understand my sister is short and when she gains 2kg it looks like 6kg on her... altho with your diet and gym seems like ull be able to shift the weight pretty fast i am suprised ur doctor gave u duromine but all the best with your goals!!

3. ruby30mg

ruby30mg New Member
    Registered

Week 2 on Duromine

It is now my second week on Duromine! I weighed myself first thing in the morning yesterday and to my surprise the scales read 56 kilos? I was pretty shocked because I don't feel that I lost that much weight. I changed my diet drastically though and have cut out carbs from my diet besides rye bread in the mornings. I'm guessing it is all water weight that I lost. I feel that my stomach is a bit flatter and the sides of my face have gone down. Friends said that my face also had gone slimmer. I didn't go to the gym much last week because I was busy but I kept myself active. I have been working out at the gym this week and I hope I see more results on my next weigh in. My meals are very small now and I get full very easily. Also because I am drinking plenty of water I stay full for longer. Has anyone else had the same results as me in the first week - scales saying you lost weight but don't feel like you have by that much? Could it be water weight? What should I expect from the second week?

RUBY
    Weight: Uncertain?
    Height: 152cm

4. kasey

kasey New Member
    Registered

Re: Week 2 on Duromine

Hi Ruby,
    I just started Duromine 30mg last Monday, and i lost 3 kg in the first week without much exercise. Just cleaned up my diet that's all.
    You lost 4kg, maybe because you are younger, have higher metabolic rate and exercise?
    I think the first week is most likely water loss. Remember to eat.
    Hope the weight loss continues for you. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for mine too.
    Good luck!

Cheers!

Kasey.