My Duromine Day-Day Journey.

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by sarahmoore, Feb 28, 2012.

1. sarahmoore

sarahmoore New Member
    Registered

Hello, My name is Sarah and I am seventeen years old.
    My starting weight is a huge 84 kilo's!!
    Today is my second day on duromine 15mg.
    Yesterday I had my first pill at about 6:30am and went back to sleep for a while & felt like I couldn't move much less energy then usual.
    I didn't have a dry mouth or a racing heart like a lot of other people have experienced and as I said, very little energy all day, I feel asleep at about 2pm so I didn't feel it was working for me but thought maybe because it's the first day I need to wait a few days for it to kick in. :confused: I had a headache from the afternoon till I went to bed which was around 11:30pm. Before I went to bed I weighed myself and have lost a kilo!!
    I've basically been eating healthy, and only small amounts of food more often during the day and exercise wise I went for an hour walk in the morning. Due to the headache I didn't go to the gym which was disappointing.
    This morning I took my pill again around 6:30 and feel great! I have lot's of energy and am very happy!;)

Current weight: 83kilos.

2. sarahmoore

sarahmoore New Member
    Registered

So let's go back to day two, yesterday.
    I felt great, I honestly haven't felt that good in so long! I had so much energy up until around 3, when i fell asleep.
    I don't no whether this is because I hadn't eaten all day and ate a toasted sandwich (which isn't at all healthy.) Or whether it's because I had so much energy my body was just generally tired. When I woke up, I felt great again to the time I went to bed which was around 12:40am. Not much trouble falling asleep?
    I had a little more dry mouth than day one but nothing that was enough to bother me.
    Exercise wise, I went to the gym for a swim and did a fair few laps!
    I suggest if you're struggling with exercise, swim or do The Body Pump class at a gym, hard but so worth it after..
    I had my third pill about an hour ago, so I'll let you know how things go on.
    Today I'm going to make sure I eat healthier, and little but often & go for a run this morning.
    Thanks for reading :D

Starting weight: 84 kilos
    Current weight: 83 kilos

3. sarahmoore

sarahmoore New Member
    Registered

The end of my third day on duromine, I just weighed myself and have lost another kilo.
    I can not explain how happy I am!
    I ate healthier today and feel great, no side affects but I think I need to drink more water! :)

Starting weight: 84 kilos
    Current weight: 82 kilos

4. pg2011

pg2011 New Member
    Registered

Well done.......

How's ur eating plans.........

Drink 2L water this will help weightloss.

Good luck n keep us posted

5. sarahmoore

sarahmoore New Member
    Registered

Thank you!
    In the morning I have a fruit smoothie, usually berries. At about 10:30 I have an apple or a small salad. At lunch time I have either tuna salad or vegetable soup and dinner Is always different. I think I struggle more to eat a healthier dinner, which I need to work on..
    I'm defiantly going to drink more water!
    :D

6. Ronic1901

Ronic1901 New Member
    Registered

Hi there, well done on your success. I want to take duromine but I am scared after reading about the side effects. Any advice?

7. KimberleyBee

KimberleyBee New Member
    Registered

Awesome! I am 25 and 95 kgs before Duromine, it has been three days and I'm eating about 1/3 of what I would normally eat and I'm not hungry at all, the only side effects i have is today I have had a bad headache, I have a dry mouth and a bit of trouble sleeping but I know the weight loss will be worth it. My energy is amazing. Good on you keep going! look forward to hearing more from you!

8. KimberleyBee

KimberleyBee New Member
    Registered

Talk to your doctor about it and they should give you advice as to whether it will work for you or not :)

9. LinD

LinD New Member
    Registered

I've had just about all the side effects mentioned, but I've learnt to manage them. The worst for me is the headaches, but I find that if I drink my 2 litres of water a day I don't really get them. The insomnia is terrible - I've had a few nights where I just give up on trying to fall asleep. And when you do.....eventually...... fall asleep it's only for 4-5 hours. I don't feel tired the next day, but I do realise that my body needs at least 8 hours - that's why I take a break from the meds every 30 days. Personally I feel that taking Duromine has improved my life - I get so much more done! To date I have lost close to 20kgs. The only way you'll know if it'll work, is if you give it a try. Go to your doctor and discuss whether you would be a suitable candidate and also what dosage you should start on.... GOOD LUCK!

10. Cass11

Cass11 New Member
    Registered

Congratulations on your loss of 20kgs LinD!