My Duromine Challenge

Discussion in 'Men's Corner' started by tbird, Feb 21, 2012.

1. tbird

tbird New Member
    Registered

Hello fellow forum users!

I'm a 20yo guy, live just north of Brisbane, Australia, and started Duromine TODAY.
    I've struggled with my weight my whole life, just like everyone else, nonetheless this is my story in short. I was morbidly obese through my childhood, teased and insulted, which lead me to eat more. High school was my time, puberty was very very kind and I got to a nice reasonable weight of 80kg, give or take. Which was great for my height 180cm (5'10"). By great I mean, yes I had a little weight, but nothing serious. During my final exams/year I gained a little weight, around 6kg, and come July the year out of school I put myself to work and got down to 78kg. I was very proud, and a little to naive about what I could/couldn't eat after the loss. Slowly but surely over the past three years I have gained it all back and some. My current weight at the beginning of Duromine stands at 101kg. Still at 180cm it is definitely noticeable, and my enthusiasm for most things had dropped. I was always a positive person and passionate about everything. But after the past six months at that weight, trying every routine/health kick I could find, it wasn't budging.

After seeing a close friend lose 13kg in a month I decided to see my doctor. My BMI is 31.3 and I am completely healthy otherwise. He had no problem with Duromine and let me begin on 15mg. He assured me that my second month would be harder and he would increase it to 30mg.

Today is my first day on the pill and I am looking at this positively. I've got no motivation to eat, but I have a strong will to move about. Doing little things like dusting and folding laundry are making me more content than they would have. I was fidgety a few hours into it, but I realized what I was doing and took to monitoring myself. (My nail biting habit is not one I wish to intensify)

Other than the simple stuff like dry mouth/yearning for water, no symptoms have surfaced. I'm assuming because it is a light dosage, or because I haven't wrecked myself with any cardio/exercise. I have dance tonight so I will post tomorrow with an update.

CW: 101kg
    GW: 75kg

Peace and Stuff.

Tbird.

2. tbird

tbird New Member
    Registered

Start weight: 101.4KG
    Current weight: 94.9KG
    Total Loss to Date: 6.5KG
    Time Lapsed: 6days

Pretty amazed with my progress. Feeling and looking great.
    Side effects have all but gone, occasional dry mouth.

Ciao

Tbird

Libin Jose likes this.
  3. nblair91

nblair91 New Member
    Registered

Thats an amazing loss!! Well done...
    What kind of food did u eat? Im worried that im eating all wrong lol. I would love to weigh myself but no scales :(

4. sarahmoore

sarahmoore New Member
    Registered

Today I started duromine 15mg and have very little side affects, I haven't really had a dry mouth or the racing heart like everyone has said I would. I fell asleep during the day too so I don't know if it's working. I've had very little energy but have lost my appetite slightly. I'm hoping that it's only because it's my first day and I feel different tomorrow. I've had a bad headache most of the day but I'm not sure whether that's down to the pill..
    Did you lose 6 kilos on the 15mg?
    Good luck!

5. tbird

tbird New Member
    Registered

Yes! I am so eager and happy with it. My clothes are lose and everything. I stuck to proteins only. No carbs, no nothing. Raw eggs for breakfast, chicken for lunch and mince or steak for dinner. Next to no exercise part from dancing around the house or the occasion 30 minute stroll around the shopping centre.

Let me know how you go ^

T

Ps. On the 15mg yep.

6. sarahmoore

sarahmoore New Member
    Registered

That's great how your clothes feel loose!
    I'm on my fourth day now and have lost two kilos & I feel great. I think on the first day my body was just getting used to it!
    I exercise regularly but need to drink more water and watch my eating at dinner time.
    congratulations on the weight lose, good luck!