My Duromine Adventure

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by falcon15500, Jul 11, 2012.

1. falcon15500

falcon15500 New Member
    Registered

Hello all,

Just thought I would start a new thread to chronicle my time on Duromine 40. I thought I would give it a try as it has always been hard for me to lose weight and it's only getting harder the older I get!

I am currently 110kg at 176cm tall, which makes me in the higher end of the obese BMI range (not that I put much stock in BMI). The doctor prescribed it easily enough but made sure to tell me that I had to combine it with diet and exercise changes, or it would ultimately fail. I am using it as a kick start to make exercise easier and to help re-train the way I eat. Hopefully it will stick.

I am hoping to get down to 85kg, as when I have lost weight before (I once lost 30kg on TF shakes), that weight was really comfortable for me and I felt a million bucks. :)

Day1

Took pill at 0600 when I woke to get ready for work.

No noticable effects until around 1000 when I noticed a slight dryness in the mouth and a very slight bitter taste. Nothing too unpleasant so far. Heart rate seems to be normal, too. Food wise, am not really feeling the munchies like I usually do. I'll have a sandwich for lunch, but keep it simple. Probably chicken breast and lettuce on wholemeal.

M.

2. falcon15500

falcon15500 New Member
    Registered

The rest of Day 1 was fine. No real problems to speak of. I did have a minor stomach pain for about 20 minutes, but it was nothing compared to some of the cramps I have had before. Kind of like a wind pain. :) As for sleep, I had exercised after dinner and tired myself out a bit, so really didn't have any trouble getting to sleep. I slept for 3 hours and then woke up. Felt wide awake, but wasn't too concerned. Took about 20 minutes to fall back to sleep and then slept until it was time to get up at 6am. Which brings me to...

M.

3. falcon15500

falcon15500 New Member
    Registered

Am up to day 7 and I have to say that any and all side-effects, however minor, have completely disappeared. The only thing duromine seems to do to my system is what was advertised - I have no desire to eat. I usually eat at the 3 set times per day, but much less food. There is no actual desire to eat, except if I feel my stomach rumbling because it's empty. There is still no actual drive to eat, as such. Which is perfect as it is exactly what I was hoping for!

The drug seems to do nothing else to me at all. I still sleep alright and my heart rate etc seem to all be normal. My moods are just fine as well.

Guess I'm one of the lucky ones? Will have to weight myself tomorrow and see if I have lost any weight.

M.