My Diary of My First Try @ 30gm Journey

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by lembu07, Jun 19, 2018.

1. lembu07

lembu07 New Member
    Registered

Hey guys, I got my prescription of Duromine today from my doctor today.

Backstory is: My heaviest was 90kg, and I lost 30kg in a year from bad dieting, starving etc...This was bad as I lost not just weight but my hair, my hair droppings were like a cancer's patients. I wish I was exaggerating.. It was so bad I had to go to hospital after fainting.

After I stopped starving myself, my hair stopped dropping like crazy. I stopped being depressed and was back to my happy self.

Check another year later, I have gained back 20kg. I assumed this was because of the yo-yo effect and I did not lose weight healthily. So my weight gain was fast. I needed to start back on a healthy note, so I consulted my doctor and he prescribed me a box of 30mg.

I am planning to use this as a starting point so that I am able to stable myself into proper dieting and exercising as I work long hours office job that involves working on weekends, I need a launching pad cause I am not losing weight at all no matter how hard I try. I really hope this will boost my motivation. I am losing weight because of my health and I have a year to my wedding, so fingers cross this helps!

Here's my details:
    Height: 154cm
    CW: 80.6kg
    GW: 58kg (for a healtyh BMI range)

I am planning to use Duromine to help at least lose at least 10kg hopefully, and I will eventually learn to be independent. I will be incorporating strength and cardio before work every day. At least 20 minute per day and no more than 1200 calories per day.

I am going to be using this thread to update daily, hopefully to also continue to motivate me along the way. I will update at the end of the day, just took my first pill this morning so I will update tonight.

#1 lembu07, Jun 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
    Rava likes this.
  2. Rava

Rava Active Member
    Registered

Hi @lembu07 and welcome :)

Its a great idea to use Duromine as a starting point to get back to healthy habits! For me personally it has made me able to cut down portion sizes, and think of food as fuel for my body quite quickly. My water intake is around 1.5 litres a day - and for me thats huge as I never used to drink any at all, and my coffee and added sugar has been reduced dramatically.

I also encourage to you write every day :D I find it really helps to keep me motivated as well be more accountable on a daily basis.

If you haven't considered it as yet, look at downloading one of the free apps in regards to calories like "my fitness pal" (you can download to your computer and phone). Awesome tools to allow you to not only keep track of calories, but look at the sugars, carbs and proteins you are eating. Once you get into the habit of it, its also becomes really beneficial in reviewing your weeks, and helps pinpoint where you might have gone off track or when you have had a really good result :)

I am so sorry to read about your hair loss! From what I understand its not uncommon when you really crash diet - so with Duromine, it might be a really good idea to start taking vitamins on a daily basis - your B's and C's are water soluble - so what your body doesn't need, its just going to pee out. A multi vitamin would probably cover you on all things :). I know that @Rachel Fitton takes berroca as well as biotin for hair - and she will probably be able to give you more info in that regards :)

I cant wait to read how your journey continues and I just bet you are going to do great!

Rachel Fitton and lembu07 like this.
  3. lembu07

lembu07 New Member
    Registered

Hey Rava, thanks for the warm welcome!

Yes I have been using myfitnesspal to track my calories, but I haven't been religiously typing my food intake in. So with this new journey with Duromine I will have to be more strict with myself to remember to track what I eat. :p

Thanks for the heads up, I will definitely take note, I do have some vitamin supplements and fish oil supplements and I plan to take that together in the morning!

4. lembu07

lembu07 New Member
    Registered

Day 1:

Took the pill at 10am. After reading tons of reviews and other diaries, I was expecting to be getting side effects immediately, but surprisingly the side effects I had were minimal! I will be writing my points in point form for easier reading.

Supplements/Medicine taken together:
    1. Flu pill as I am sick
    2. Garcinia cambogia (I take this every day but I was not expecting to be prescribe Duromine today either, I will be leaving this out in my future intakes.) P.S: This doesn't seem to work to suppress my hunger for me been taking for 3 weeks
    3. Fish oil supplement
    4. Vitamin C supplement

Workouts:
    1. 30 minutes pilates
    2. 100 squats

Food intake:
    Calories: 911
    This is the lowest calories and it is not on purpose. I really have no appetite and I get full in a few bites its crazy.

Breakfast:
    Kaya and butter toast - 309 calories
    Meiji Pasteurized milk 200ml - 140 calories

Lunch:
    100g spaghetti pasta - 148 calories
    Braised mackerel in miso sauce - 217 calories
    Cherry tomatoes 2 pieces - 17 calories

Dinner:
    Few pieces of cubed yellow watermelon - 46 calories

Snacks:
    Meiji wheat crackers, plain, 2 pieces - 34 calories

Side-Effects:
    Pros:

1. Energized
    I feel energized today whilst doing work. Usually by midday, I would be realllly sleepy. But even now I am at home and I still feel sort of awake, tired but awake.. If that make sense. I would've usually knocked out by this timing. It's 10.30pm. This is a pros for me as I managed to do some workout after work. (I don't usually workout on weekdays due to long office hours) But today just felt different, like, I had the energy to workout and I felt great!
    2. I drank ALOT (2 litres at least)
    3. Absolutely no cravings. (I tried to take a bite of a chocolate tart in the fridge but I spat it out unknowingly right after cause... I just wasn't craving it and the chocolate felt too sweet suddenly idk I just had no room in my stomach for the sugary things, my mind just automatically rejected it.)

Cons:
    1. Dry mouth so I slap on a ton of lipbalm and drank loads because I was that thirsty (especially after my workout and where I live the weather is a killer)
    2. I am not sure why but I sweated more than usual. Where I lived it's generally humid and hot so I do sweat on a daily basis but today felt extra sweaty... Will have to observe more

Morning weight: 80.6kg
    Night weight: 79.3kg <--- I am really not sure if this was water weight cause I mentioned I sweat like mad today plus I workout, so we gotta see

Am heading to bed soon, no records of sleep yet hopefully I sleep well.

P.P.S: I could feel my stomach getting hungry but the moment I take a sip of water the hunger is gone it's so weird. I made sure I had a few bites after workout for my dinner as I did not want to get gastric since it's kinda dangerous cause you feel full the whole day so... gotta make sure I ate.

5. lembu07

lembu07 New Member
    Registered

Day 2:

Updating earlier today as I need to OT and I don't think I am going to update once I get home nor workout..

1. Flu pill
    2. Fish oil supplement
    4. Vitamin C supplement

Workouts:
    1. 100 squats

Food intake:
    Calories: 650

Breakfast:
    2 half boiled eggs with a little bit of soy sauce - 169 calories
    1 small handmade chocolate chip cookie - 130 calories

Lunch:
    Chicken cooked in chilli gravy, 1 piece - 140 calories
    1/4 bowl of rice - 42 calories
    Fried tofu with gravy - 116 calories

Dinner:
    Tea with evaporated milk no sugar - 80 calories

Snacks:
    Rondnoir Dark Chocolate Ferrero 1 piece - 53 calories

**Note: I don't know the accuracy of these as these are from MFP app

Side-Effects:
    Pros:

1. Energized
    Still felt as energized as yesterday.
    2. I drank 1.5 litres
    3. Still no cravings

Cons:
    1. Dry mouth still persists. No issue as long as I keep myself hydrated + use lots of lip balm
    2. I noticed my breath stink a bit, it is similar to when I am fasting, lack of food maybe... not sure but I drank alot
    3. Throbbing headache towards the end of the day but it could be because of work

Morning weight: 79.3kg
    Night weight: 78.4kg

Yesterday's sleep: 6 hours, not bad considering my normal sleep hours is usually 7 hours

#5 lembu07, Jun 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  6. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

looks like it's going pretty well. I see that you do your best to make changes that you can stick to after finishing Duromine. SO these small treats will help you stay away from caving.
    Unfortunately, bad breath is one of possible side effects of Duromine and, of course, like you mentioned, not eating enough, i.e. fasting. First week is usually good for reviewing your menu and getting an understanding of what and when to eat to fell 100% comfortable with the new appetite regime. Best of luck for your journey!

Rava and lembu07 like this.
  7. lembu07

lembu07 New Member
    Registered

Hi April! Thanks for dropping by! Yes I would like to use Duromine to aid me to change my lifestyle and habits permanently and so far it is only day 2 but it felt like I've gotten used to it! Yeah the bad breathe can't be avoided, was thinking no sugar mints could help. :) Technically it is not as bad as the breathe I get when I am fasting, at least! Thanks for the luck, definitely will need it :D

Rava likes this.
  8. lembu07

lembu07 New Member
    Registered

I just realised my calorie intake is very low. Either the food I chose in myfitnesspal is not 100% accurate or I am really not eating alot... To be honest I really do not have appetite at all and its only day 2. I work an office job so I am not really active most of the day so I am not sure if that contributes to me not being really hungry. It's very unlike me cause I loveeee food. Wondering if it could also be due to my body still adjusting to the pill.

9. Rava

Rava Active Member
    Registered

In regards to myfitnesspal don't forget you have the option to add your foods in (create them) if your not sure if its 100% accurate. I use "Lose It" and sometimes I find there are like 5 - 7 entries for the same food, but not all of them will list all the macro's so I just add/create them myself :)

The lack of hunger is definitely the Duromine kicking in! I remember being so surprised that I wasn't even thinking of food that it blew me away :)

Your doing great @lembu07 !

lembu07 likes this.
  10. lembu07

lembu07 New Member
    Registered

Day 3:

Feeling sick today. Flu from before I took duromine is still present. I am considering laying off the pill for a day or two cause of the motion sickness. Maybe I will not take it during the weekends. Tomorrow is Friday, I will try again as it is only 3rd day today.

1. Flu pill
    2. Fish oil supplement
    4. Vitamin C supplement

Workouts:
    1. 100 squats
    2. Jogged 2km

Water intake:
    1.6 litres

Food intake:
    Calories: 959

Breakfast:
    Cheese Stringers Bega (Pre-runsnack) - 62 calories
    Mee Goreng (Fried noodles) 200gm - 331 calories
    Yellow Watermelon 1 cup diced - 46 calories

Lunch:
    Smoked Chicken Sandwich - 295 calories (Based on the cafe's menu from where I bought it from)

Dinner:
    Black coffee no sugar - 60 calories
    Meiji Pasteurized Milk 200ml - 140 calories
    3 cherry tomatoes - 25 calories

Snacks:
    -

Side-Effects:
    Pros:

1. Lips are less dry today
    2. Still no cravings

Cons:
    1. Excessive sweating, especially when I was running
    2. Stinky breathe
    3. A little headache that came and go whilst at work
    4. MOTION SICKNESS, very terrible motion sickness when taking vehicles like bus/cab

Morning weight: 77.6kg
    Night weight: 77.6kg

Yesterday's sleep: 4 hours, sleep is getting lesser...

#10 lembu07, Jun 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
  11. lembu07

lembu07 New Member
    Registered

Thanks for the motivation Rava! Will take note regarding the feature on MFP :)

Rava likes this.
  12. lembu07

lembu07 New Member
    Registered

Day 4:

Terrible day, keeping it short. No workout today as I'm feeling under the weather. I got home from work and immediately nap for 2 hours. I did not felt as energetic as other days, it could be because of the emotional stress I am feeling. I am taking a break off the pill for the weekends.

1. Flu pill

Workouts:
    1. -

Water intake:
    1.4 litres

Food intake:
    Calories: 958

Breakfast:
    Kaya and butter sandwich - 183 calories

Lunch:
    Oat congee (3 tablespoon of instant oats) - 106 calories