My constipation solution

Discussion in 'Side-Effects of Duromine' started by christine V, Sep 23, 2014.

1. christine V

christine V Member
    Registered

Sorry about the topic lol but I know quite a few duramine users experience constipation, myself included!
    I did start taking laxatives which do help, but came with not so nice side effects and I was worried my body would get addicted to them!
    This is what works for me:
    -2-3 tbs of chia seeds daily mixed in food or drink. They have the added benefit of keeping you full, plus they are chock full of protein and omegas.
    -1-2 heaped tbs of flaxseed meal.
    -Before bed on an empty stomach I take 2 magnesium capsules. It has to be one with all the magnesium elements in it. I use nutra life magnesium complete.
    Using all of the above, I go like clockwork every morning. Some of you may not have to use everything listed, just wanted to share what works for me.

2. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks, Christine. It might really help some people here. I am not sure I know all of the listed meds though... Are they natural, safe? If so, then I see nothing bad in taking them along with Duromine.

P.S. if you are afraid to get addicted to them, then do a break for couple of days maybe. Just to see how your body reacts. Also you can eat more fiber food (greens, bran, dairy products like natural yogurt, beetroot, etc.)

3. christine V

christine V Member
    Registered

Chia seeds and flaxseed are natural and high in fibre. Magnesium is completely safe, your body excretes anything it doesn't need.

4. lovecat

lovecat New Member
    Registered

Hi. I strongly advise you to think twice about this. Chia seeds arent for everyone and they affect ppl differently. Not just that, the amount you are taking is far too much, only up to a tablespoon a day is safe.

I did alot of research on chia, thought they were the most amazing thing, gradually introduced them to my diet and they made me regular as clockwork.

But they also made my abdomen swell to the point it was getting in the way! I looked pregnant. But i refused to believe the chia was bad for me, i strongly didnt want to stop taking them.
    My dr advised me to stop for a while, just to see if anything happens.
    It did; my 'pregnant tummy' decreased and i lost 1.3kg by doing nothing but stopping the chia seeds, i could hardly believe it.
    So i started googling and was shocked to find just how many ppl suffer these effects, or worse, from such a seemingly innocent 'superfood'.
    They absorb water and nutrients from your body, i was drinking 2 litres of water a day back then and it wasnt enough.
    That was months before duromine.
    Since being on the 40mg (over 2 months now) im not as regular as i once was, despite drinking 4 litres of water a day now.
    I thought about adding fibre, like alittle chia or psyllium husk power, etc..
    Dont do it.
    They also affect the absorption of meds, especially slow/time release meds like duromine that are designed to last 24hrs (also why alcohol needs to be avoided; it affects absorption).
    Instead, ive been having a couple of teaspoons of good olive oil a day, you can even have up to a tablespoon if you want, or try coconut oil.
    Im still not as regular, but its not a problem. Just deal with it and think of it as a temporary thing.
    But be careful with these supplements; natural doesnt mean safe or without consequences. Look into it..

christine V likes this.
  5. christine V

christine V Member
    Registered

Thanks lovecat. I will for sure look into it further, and maybe reduce to one tbs. Thanks for replying xx

6. Meandimalan

Meandimalan New Member
    Registered

Hi, I have used Duramine for a few years, on and off and really get good results, but I only take them 3-4 days during the week in order to manage the side effects. One of the major side effects I use to suffer from is constipation, but I now use Cayenne pepper in capsule form and it really helps. I take 1-2 in the morning with breakfast. It also helps to lower bloodpressure and blood circulation.

christine V likes this.
  7. christine V

christine V Member
    Registered

Thanks for the tip. I have some cayenne capsules here too :)

8. Rosie C

Rosie C Member
    Registered

If you make smoothies or juices (I love my Nutri Bullet) - put a heaped soon of Psyllium husks (available at all supermarkets). It's all natural fibre and BOY O BOY... does it work! No bloating. It just works. Personally, i wouldn't bother with the tablet form, the packet is completely natural with no added "crap" and it can be hidden in sauces, muesli, shakes... anything!

christine V likes this.
  9. Kerryn

Kerryn New Member
    Registered

Lots of veggies! I was a bit constipated the first few days, but I was eating very little. Once I got into the groove and started to eat lots of salad and non-starchy veggies, I am very regular now.

christine V likes this.