My 2nd time around.... :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by sweetcheeks, Mar 6, 2012.

1. sweetcheeks

sweetcheeks New Member
    Registered

:) Hi ,

This is my first time posting about anything really. So hopefully I can keep it interesting for you lol.

I have previously tried Duromine, it was a while ago and I was very slack with my diet and excercise and even though I lost 5kg in the first few days, I wasn't consistent and wasted the whole pack. This time I'm determined to do it the right way and change my lifestyle and become a healthier person on the whole.

I will tell you a little about why I am now on Duromine and need to lose weight. The last 18mths has been so full of illness and stress that I think I have only had 2 months of actually being healthy. The rest have been taken up with Whooping Cough, CFS?? (not sure) and diverticulitus. That accompanied with my partner's family going through crisis after crisis has led me to putting on 20kg's in the last 18mths. I was previously what they call a "gym junky". Now I'm happy just to be getting up every day.

No more sob story.. lol :eek: it's all positive from here. I started on 40mg this time ( as of yesterday) as I found that the 30mgs I was on last time wore off quite quickly. I have only had they dry mouth and the hyper energy this time and I am in a great mood. I still feel hungry sometimes but have absolutely no cravings for any of the naughty ( but oh so enjoyable ;) ) foods that would normally be my downfall. I'm even drinking green tea. My body will think I've been taken over by body snatchers or something lo.

I haven't got scales in the house as a friend of my son broke them a while ago and as I was so unhappy with my weight I never replaced them. I'm going more on centremetres lost than kgs. I just feel so uncomfortable in my body. Well no here's the scary part, my stats:

Height: 157cm (fun sized not short lol)
    Weight: 70.4kg
    BMI: approx 30
    Ideal Body Weight: 49-57kgs but 60kgs would be just fine.

I am feeling really positive about this journey this time. I am on SSRi antidepressants, they can make you gain weight, so I'll have to be extra vigilant this time. I would love to hear from anyone that has any pointers or ideas that have helped them along the way. Or you could just drop by and say Hi.

Sweetcheecks :)

2. Cass11

Cass11 New Member
    Registered

All the best in your journey sweetcheeks! I'm glad that you are feeling positive - it is all in the mind and if you don't have the right mindset it just won't work. You know, judging on centimetres and not kgs is probably quite a good thing! You can lose centimetres without losing kgs and some of us just keep looking at the number on the scales and feeling disheartned, without measuring ourselves.

Good luck and can't wait to share more stories with you

3. sweetcheeks

sweetcheeks New Member
    Registered

Thanks for your reply Cass11. I did break down and get a set of scales yesterday but have had my flatmate hide them and only let me weigh myself once a week. I will update my progress on Sunday when I weigh in. I should update my starting weight as I was about 72 kgs not 70.4 as I put. (oops). :) Having trained as a fitness model I have always been aware of how my body has felt when I have been fit and when I haven't been. I feel so uncomfortable being this big.

Good Luck with your journey too and I look forward to hearing your stories as well.

have a great day :)