Mummy of 3 first diet fitness kickstart!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Mum86, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Mum86

Mum86 Member
    Registered

Hi I am a 27 year old female mother of 3 I have never really been into fitness and eating healthy my diet consisted of sooo many carbs I didn't realise this til I started :-/ but I'm on week 5 of my fitness plan.. I started on slimm shakes and a week after began metermine 30mg I took it for 1 whole week but a stressful weekend made me very snappy I decided to have a break from the tablets as I was starting to feel like a robot. I am also still on the shakes and eating an apple mid morning a health bar afternoon and a dinner with 1 protein and heaps of green veg I don't feel hungry at all only if I'm a little late for one of my shakes or snacks I went back onto my metermine on Saturday and am experiencing slight chest tightness is this normal? It's nothing dramatic.. But noticeable and I also use the "my fitness pal" app and it always says I'm heaps under my calorie goal which is 1200 calories per day.. Has anyone got any nice low carb recipes for dinners or snacks please :) I have also set up my own home gym and workout every morning and every night and I am enjoying it :) I have lost 10.1kg in 5 weeks and I am very happy :) so I'm thinking of doing 5 days on the tablets and 5 off so I can train my brain to eat healthy without the help from the tablets does anyone think this will work? Also I am going to get the proper duromine from a pharmacy with my next script

2. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi, Mum86!:D
    You have the right diet plan and it's great that you feel fine and lose weight gradually, as 10 kg seem normal for 5 weeks.

As for 5 days break of the pills and then return, I wouldn't suggest you to experiment that way on your body. You see, weight loss therapy with diet pills is usually prescribed for 3 months MAXIMUM. When you start to take the pills, you start with minimal dose typically (like 15mg for example). According to my experience, you need to take the pills every day for 1-1.5 months without changing the dose or interval between intakes (depends, if you have no result or your doctor increases the dose up to 30mg or 40mg). If you sharply stop taking the pills during the 1-1.5 month you may suffer depression, which can basically increase your food cravings even more than before the therapy.

After 1-1.5 months you may gradually decrease the dose. Day by day. Do not forget to keep eating healthy and exercise! If everything is fine and you reached your goal within 3 months or less, you can stop taking the pills. Up to that time your body should get used to new eating plan and you will manage to stay slim without the pills.

I hope you find the answer to your question here. Wish you the best and take care of yourself, honey!

3. Mum86

Mum86 Member
    Registered

Thank you very much! That was very helpful :) I am just starting to study the different health info in foods and I'm enjoying it lol how much am I expected to loose sticking with what I'm doing ATM for the next 3 months I'm on the tablets? I started at 110kg weighed in at 99.9kg after week 4.. My goal weight is 65kg I'm 170cm tall

4. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Anytime dear!;)

5. crazycat

crazycat New Member
    Registered

Thanks for that advice Kate. The question of how I will keep the weight off once I stop is often in my mind. I agree a gradual coming off by taking every second day. . And maybe even asking the doc to reduce your dosage near the end would help you train yourself to eating less without duromines help. Maybe some rules we need to have for the rest of our lives that will help us avoid our danger zones. Eg no all you can eat buffets. ... choc biscuits in the house are irresistible for me. Even if I buy them for the kids lunch as a treat when they are on special I eat half the pack myself! So I just shouldn't buy them. Also my man and I cut out carbs at dinner for last four months and he lost 5 kg... he only needs to lose ten kg. His indegestine and daily use of antacids has disappeared! Me of course didn't lose any kg but I will still continue this rule.
    Also I think scales need to continue to be part of our life forever. I have lost 20 kgs on five different occasions in the last 15 yrs but put almost all of it back on in the following years. Depressing to see how often I have got to 80 kg but her I am back at 98 kgs.... oh no wait that's 92 now thanks to duromine. Yay
    I heard some advise that we need to weigh each week after we reach our goal and more than a predetermined gain eg 2kg up instantly we take action. Ignoring scales and Waiting til we can't fit our clothes and seeing we are 20 kg up is so dumb but I kept doing it! ! No more! !!