Mummy is on Duromine

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Anel, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Anel

Anel New Member
    Registered

Hello all.
    I'm 39, and most of my life I had a normal->slightly overweight weight. That was until 5 years ago. I put on 30 kg in my first pregnancy. From 75kg to 106. After many many trouble managed to get down to 85 but the got pregnant again. so back again at 106. The last 1.5 year (my youngests age) I've been trying to lose weight. It fluctuates between 93 to 97 in a month. No real loss of even a gram.
    I have also hypothyroidism that got worse with the pregnancies. I'm on 150mg thyroxin daily. Recently I got alarmed by the blood tests results that indicated increase of fat around liver. My dad passed a year and a half ago from liver cirrhosis (cancer related though) so I'm really sensitive with liver function issues.
    GP prescribed duromine 30mg for 3 months. I started on Tuesday. I take it at 8 am. Around 4 hours later I felt like I had 10 coffees or something. Slightly finger trembling. Couldn't hold the pen to sign a paper. My writting looked like doctors. And I found tricky getting the key into the keyhole. I had it with a light breakfast (1/4 cup of cereals). That's all the side effects I had.
    I'm feeling more energetic. Yeah! I can now manage the two young kids of mine, keep the house clean, and drive to work without the fear of sleeping while driving. Hahaha.
    My appetite was suppressedl 5 hours later from the first pill. I don't do a particular diet. I have a fruit for breakfast. A coffee in between. Small lunch (even less food than my underweight preschooler). Another coffee for afternoon and same with dinner.
    I don't have any cravings for sweets anymore. I can control myself finally. I eat because I havetto not because I'm Hungry. I want to use this 3 month opportunity to re-train my body to eat smaller portions.
    I couldn't keep away from the scales. 3 days and -2.5 kg. I'm so excited.

Gab75 and Rava like this.
  2. Dre

Dre Active Member
    Registered

Hello Anel
    welcome to the forum and keep up the great work!
    you are doing an amazing job lovely, well done..

keep posting on here, you are an inspiration to others,
    and if you need help or have any questions April is always around.

Rava, Jo666 and Bonnie13 are wonderful too for advice,
    along with a few others on here, remember you are not alone!

Hugs
    Dre

Rava and Anel like this.
  3. Anel

Anel New Member
    Registered

So I noticed a small 20cents coin size rash on my hand. It's not itchy and for half an hour I thought it was tomato sauce stain or paint. It feels like dry skin and looks like a bad sunburn.
    I don't have any other side effects until now besides the dry mouth that actually makes me drink more water.
    Did anyone get any skin rash?

4. Rava

Rava Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hi @Anel *waves*

I haven't heard of a rash with no itching being a common side effect. Just doing a quick search on google, an ITCHY hive type rash could be attributed to being allergic to phentermine.

Is there anything new that you have added to your diet food or drink wise that might attribute?

The best advise I could offer is keep an eye on it or go down to your local chemist and see if you can get a cream. Obviously if it worsens head on to your GP and get it looked at!

Is it any better today?

Dre and Anel like this.
  5. Anel

Anel New Member
    Registered

So I put last night my baby's cream for eczema and looks a bit better. Just dry skin. Not expanding. No painful and not itchy. I'm thinking it could be from a cleaning chemical cause I used a few on Saturday during the day doing housework and cleaning the car.

6. Anel

Anel New Member
    Registered

Stats update:
    Height: 1.67
    Woman - 40yo - hypothyroidism - 2 pregnancies.

SW: 95kg
    CW: 92kg
    Week 1 loss: 3kg
    MiniGoal: 89.9kg
    Goal: 75kg
    Ultimate goal: 67

Gab75 and Rava like this.
  7. Rava

Rava Well-Known Member
    Registered

@Anel what a fantastic loss for week one!!!

Hope you are feeling really proud of yourself - your amazing!

Edited to Add: How is your rash today?

Dre likes this.
  8. Gab75

Gab75 New Member
    Registered

You can do it!!!!!

Rava likes this.
  9. Anel

Anel New Member
    Registered

Stats update:

Week 1: 92
    Week 2: 90.7
    Week 3: 91.5

A bit dissapointed. I felt so close to see 8x.x on the scales. I actually turned to my old habit... Eating when feeling bad. Even with not feeling hungry. Lucky me... I still keep it under control. I know it's not magic pill that will help me lose all the weight in a few weeks but I don't know what's wrong.
    I'm thinking the no-exercise is an issue? But when? My weeks are hectic. I barely have time to have a shower somedays.
    The only exercise I do is with my 4y.o. his O.T exercises for 10 mins daily. Isn't carrying a toddler around a good exercise? Just kidding...
    Nice to write me thoughts for once. I think that 'll help me to stay on track this week even with the gain.

Gab75 likes this.
  10. Anel

Anel New Member
    Registered

Stats update:

Week 1: 92
    Week 2: 90.7
    Week 3: 91.5
    Week 4: 90.5

• About Us

Duromineforum.com was created in 2009. Since then many people have found followers and new friends thanks to this forum. In addition, they all got a strong motivation and support. Starting from 2013, the forum achieves a new level - mini social network for people, who want to lose weight, blogs for losing weight people, weight loss before & after pictures, diet issues, etc.
  • Like us on Facebook