Loss of the initial energy boost?

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by Melmo, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Melmo

Melmo Member
    Registered

Hi all, so I am just 1 week in and have noticed a significant decrease in my energy levels since the first few days. When I first took my duromine I found my energy and stamina increased and I was able to increase my exercise without fatigue. The last day and today I have virtually no energy ( the same levels as before I begun the duromine ), and I am wondering is this something that happens with it? Does the increased energy only come in the first days of treatment and then taper off? Or is it something else, like eating fewer kJs that's causing this? I had intended to increase my cardio workouts week by week as my fitness improved though, today I was hard pressed to do 30mins when my aim was 60mins. Has anybody had any experience with this themselves? any advice would be greatly appreciated! TIA :)

2. lovecat

lovecat New Member
    Registered

Hi.

Dont wish to alarm you, but you should read this guide
    and perhaps make an appointment asap with your dr, as it does say to tell your dr if you notice you cant exercise as you used to.

Also remember, its going to take a while for the drug to really kick in; it took about a week for me before i started to feel the difference. I then upped my water intake and it helped immensely.
    Keep hydrated, its very important. I find that if i dont drink 3.5 to 4 litres a day i get alittle spacey and flustered.

Ive had no change to my energy levels at all the whole time ive been on duromine.

All the best.

3. Melmo

Melmo Member
    Registered

Thanks for that. I can exercise now as much as I could before the duromine, but in the first 5 days I could do more as I didn't fatigue as much as normal. but now I have the same energy levels as before starting duromine. I was doing around 30 mins a day on a stationary bike, but with the duromine (in the first 4-5 days) I was almost doubling it to between 45 and 60 mins per day. I have a food journal as well and the last few days my kJ intake has been under the recommended 5021kJ a day, and the site I use say going under doesn't meet the daily energy requirements. Today I will make an effort to eat at least 5021 and see if it makes a difference. I'm drinking around 3-4ltrs of water a day too.
    I see my dr on Tuesday as she is monitoring the effects of the duromine and as part of that wants to check my blood pressure. I will stop the duromine and go into the clinic if I get worried at all. I guess I was wondering if the increased stamina from the duromine was just a short lived effect :)

4. KaylaLouise

KaylaLouise Well-Known Member
    Registered

I'm in week 4 now on 30mgs and other than the first couple of days of feeling on something like a buzz,my energy levels didn't increase.

Melmo likes this.
  5. Melmo

Melmo Member
    Registered

I wonder why I felt less lethargic then, perhaps its not meant to happen after all. I had heard it was part of what the drug does along with suppressing the appetite. In any case I am going to ask my dr when I see her Tuesday :)

6. KaylaLouise

Registered

There is no harm is asking. But it will effect even on differently. I wonder if I didn't get extra boost of energy because my body I used to substances that are meant to increase energy etc that I used to take when younger.

Melmo likes this.
  7. Melmo

Melmo Member
    Registered

I might try googling it. Google knows most things lol :)

8. Melmo

Melmo Member
    Registered

just found this
    How does Duromine work?
    Duromine is an appetite suppressant. Hunger cravings are reduced as the active chemical ingredient in Duromine effects the parts of the central nervous system. The active ingredient in Duromine is phentermine. Phentermine is chemically similar to amphetamine and increased energy levels are common among patients.
    It is recommended that Duromine be taken as an accompaniment to a healthy diet and regular exercise
    Duromine

9. KaylaLouise

Registered

What on earth would we do without google!!

Melmo likes this.
  10. Melmo

Melmo Member
    Registered

I know right! if i knew a third of what google knows id be considered a genius x

KaylaLouise likes this.
  11. KaylaLouise

Registered

I love how Google has become a part of my vocabulary, I'm always telling my to just google it!

Melmo likes this.
  12. durodani93

durodani93 Member
    Registered

I noticed exactly what you described. I'm now on day 11 and I feel "normal" - that is to say no lack of energy but also no extra energy from the pills either. But in the beginning I was buzzing. Then around the end of the 1st week and for a couple days I hit a slump and just felt lethargic. So yeah, if you're anything like me you should level out soon :)

Melmo likes this.
  13. FiFiFish

FiFiFish Member
    Registered

The energy boost isn't a constant thing. I always take a pre workout before any gym sessions or something like Oxyshred, which helps with energy and fat burning among other things. My DR said this was a good idea if it was to help increase my energy levels to keep my energy levels and motivation up a little.