Looking for some support!!

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Bloodrsyne_, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Bloodrsyne_

Bloodrsyne_ New Member
    Registered

Hi everyone!
    I am taking metamine (duromine) 30mg tablets of a morning ( usually around 7am ) and have been for a little over a week now.

I have been looking over this forum and am hoping to gain some support from it's fellow members as I am feeling myself being a little discouraged.

My numbers are as follows:
    Age 22
    168cm and 112kgs!!! :(

I was put on duromine as I have been battling with my weight all through my life and it has never really changed and frankly after trying my hardest every other way to loose it I'm over it. So I thought I would give it a go can't hurt to try.

I have been battling with a few of the side effects mainly being the restless night ( waking up every 1 or 2 hours and not being able to get back to sleep sometimes ) dry mouth ( bad breath ), hot and cold flushes ( and sweating ) and mood swings ( also have depression and anxiety so this probably doesn't help either ).

My experience so far has not been great, I'm not getting anywhere near enough sleep and I am noticing that I am still hungry!! I haven't noticed any weightloss at all, our scales are broken so I need to purchase more and I feel sorry for my boyfriend for having to live with someone who is constantly moody all the time.

The first couple of days were great, I wasn't hungry, I was in bed by 9pm and was sleeping through. I was still eating breakfast even though I didn't feel I needed it.

Now that I am on day 11 I am noticing that I am getting hungry during the day again eg ( for lunch and dinner meals ) and my hot and cold flushes are becoming more noticeable.

I start a new job on Tuesday ( currently very early Sunday morning ) and am a little nervous at how I am going to go.

Would love to hear your feedback/comments as I'm feeling a little disgruntled at the moment :(:(

Thanks guys!!

2. Aussie23

Aussie23 New Member
    Registered

Hi there,

I'm on my 3rd day of duromine 30mg. I noticed that I am still getting hunger pains too, but it seems to be when i think of food lol. When Im busy doing stuff I don't even notice. I was 90kg before I started and when I weighed myself this morning I was 97kg. But I've heard some people say that the first few kilos are just fluid. Don't know how true that is. Im not a big fan of exercise so Ive just been trying to do sit-ups at home and even that is a struggle. As for the sleeping part, I have a 4 month old baby and he is constantly waking up every couple of hours when he loses his dummy :/ so Im not able to have a solid sleep. Ive found that it can take me anywhere up to an hour just to fall asleep of a night. They say that duromine has a different effect on each individual. Digital scales are the best and they show grams which is harder to notice on normal scales. What are you eating & are you exercising as well?

3. JacquiRose

JacquiRose Member
    Registered

Ladies hunger pains are a sign that your body needs fuel. Even though its supposed to suppress the hunger you still need to eat at least every 3 hours and small portions. High protien foods and suppliments are great to feel full. I use Complete Whey with 200ml skim milk or just water. I have found that I dont crave fizzy drinks or coffee anymore ( which sucks because I looove my coffee ) also as for sleeping patterns, I took mine around 6am and am still bright eyed now at 11pm but I find reading a book is very relaxing. But studies show that if you have at least 3 solid hours of R.E.M sleep you will feel just as refreshed as if you'd slept 8. I hope this helps :)

Typical_Jules, Ally Russell and Kate like this.
  4. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

I am so agree with Jacqui! You are absolutely right, darling. Small meals, books - these things helped me once, so they should help other too.:)

5. nadiafarhat

nadiafarhat Member
    Registered

The key to speeding up ur metabolism, stopping u from getting too hungry and finally loosing weight is to eat. 6 small meals per day. So BREAKFAST...snack.....LUNCH.....snack...DINNER...snack. all small portions and make sure u eat lots of protein. Protein keeps u full for longer. Google super foods or foods high in protein. ( i use the internet for food knowledge).
    Cardio also helps u lose weight everywhere on ur body. It also helps with depression. Exercise makes the brain produce happy chemicals (endorphines). Work out minimum 30mins a day. Dance, walk, jog, treadmill whatever u like.
    I have been on Duromine 2 weeks and have lost 5.5kg like this.

This is an example of what i eat.
    8am - small bowl of cereal with sweetener instead of sugar (i add dried cranberries) + 2 fruits.
    10am- yogurt with some fruit inside + 5 almonds (protein)
    12pm- wholewheat sandwich with turkey breast,low fat cottage cheese and tomato and lettuce.
    3pm-carrots with chickpea dip or tuna wrapped in lettuce.
    5-6pm- grillled chicken marinated in lemon and dill + boiled or steamed veggies.
    8pm- apple + almonds.

I fit gym in whenever i can. It helps me sleep. On my days off from gym i dont sleep as good because i have too much energy.

Hope this has helped.
    xxx
    Good luck everybody.

Ally Russell likes this.
  6. Ally Russell

Ally Russell New Member
    Registered

That helped so much..cheers!!

nadiafarhat likes this.
  7. Liabet

Liabet New Member
    Registered

Help!!!!!
    I am on day 26 of DUROMINE 30mg and have lost nothing since my first week which was 3.6kg.

My second & third week were hard as I was sick & then both my children so could not get to the gym at all. My appetite started to feel like it was back to normal & I don't have any side effects at all since day 3.

I took my first 40mg today and am hoping this will kick start me again. My eating hasn't been awful & I'm back at the gym but I feel like it's not working for me.
    I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong
    Please help

8. Audrey3

Audrey3 Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi Liabet

I am sorry to hear you have not achieved the results you were hoping for, but sometimes life throws you a curve ball - like the little ones being sick - and you just have to get back into things afterwards.

I would suggest seeing today as your first day again, and see how it goes. If you can not get to the gym, try to do a bit of walking - any kind of exercise helps.

If you are still not happy with the results in a few weeks, maybe you should see your GP - there may be an underlying cause like thryriod problems, insulin resistance etc.

All of the best, and don't give up!;):)

9. Nikole1971

Nikole1971 New Member
    Registered

I hope you guys are having more success now. I considered duromine but got a bit scared of the reported side effects. Has anyone had problems with racing heart etc?

I'm down 15kgs in 70 days, have just added in gym sessions in the past 2 weeks !

10. christine V

christine V Member
    Registered

I started off on 30mg. I got most of the side effects. I was sleeping 2-4 hours a night even when I took the pill at 3:30-4am. I was depressed, moody and very impatient. I have never suffered with any of these issues in my life. I have however lost 6kgs in just over a month. I went back to my doc last week and got a script for 15mg. Hopeful it suppresses my appetite as well as the 30mg but without all the side effects.