Looking for info..

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by hpgirl, May 30, 2012.

1. hpgirl

hpgirl New Member
    Registered

Hi all,
    I would really like to start on duromine, I'm 23, and would like to lose 20kg (100kg at last weigh in) ultimately, but honestly anything would boost me right now.
    I'm too scared to ask my doctor, at the start of the year I told her I really wanted to lose weight, and she told me just to keep moving, and that walking wouldn't cut it, and I was to do more aerobic exercise, however this conflicts with my anxiety and self esteem issues of never being able to set foot into a gym, or be seen as "that fat girl exercising" so I cannot. Its a never-ending cycle, my depression because I'm overweight causes me to eat and not be motivated, but then my weight stops me from exercising ... gah!
    I keep getting conflicting information about being able to purchase it online? Is this possible? and is it cheaper or cost the same as the prescription? I am a student and therefore have a health care card in Australia, so that may impact.
    Any help would be great!

2. Kristy

Kristy New Member
    Registered

Dourmine isnt covered by health care or medicare cards.
    The cost is around 118 per month
    You may want to see another doctor.

Your doctor can also refer you to a dietcian which can be a free visit.

In australia the only way to get douromine is with a prescription.

You need to see your doctor

My doctor made me get blood test and check blood pressure before giving me a script.

He also wants to see me every 2 weeks to monitor my progress.

Im also going to see a dietcian which he has oranized.;

3. hpgirl

hpgirl New Member
    Registered

Ah ok, thats interesting. I'm glad your doctor is keeping tabs on you, that sounds responsible! do you find that the dietician is helping?

4. lizbertify

lizbertify New Member
    Registered

Kristy,
    I have heard some people say that duromine might be seen as a drug because when you do bloodwork, lets say if you get a new job they send you for bloodwork to check whether you do drugs or not. I was wondering if its true, since its hear say. Has your doctor mentioned anything like this?

1 person likes this.
  5. Tracey

Tracey New Member
    Registered

lizbertify

If you had to go for bloodwork for a new job, you have to fill out a medical information form. On this it asks you if you are taking any prescribed drugs, so you would list duromine. The medical profession would know what this drug is used for. I copied some info from a medical website below, hope it answers your question.

If you are taking medically precribed Duromine you should have no problem as you are taking it legally. In any case it is not an illegal drug. It can show up as speed in routine tests but it can be differentiated from all amphetamines in a full analysis which always should be done if positives occur in the routine tests, It takes at least 6 days to disappear from the body so that it is not detectable by routine screening processes.

6. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

That's right!