Looking at starting next week!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BlipBlopBlah, Aug 10, 2018.

1. BlipBlopBlah

BlipBlopBlah New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Height:
    Goal Weight:
    Hi, I have been to the Dr today and she wants to do blood tests to get a base level on all my bits and then if all is ok she will start me on duromine next week. This means I have a little time to learn the best tips to get great results and get my eating and exercise program up and running.
    My biggest hurdle is I live with a morbidly obese man who keeps bring junk food into the house. When I ask him not to ( because it tempts me and I eventually give in and eat something ) he will be good for a few days or even a week but then he just strarts buying the junk again and I mean not just one item but heaps of and a variety of high calouri tempting foods. I have said its real important to me as I now have a little 9 month old baby and I want to be fit enough to run around with her and get on the floor and play at her level. I am 45 so an older Mum and these joints dont like doing those things with an extra 20kg on them. Any tips on how to get him to support me rather than sabotage me would be great. Tips on the best things to do while using the product would be great too.
    I will be busy reading other peoples journey too, when I can the Bub can keep me busy.
    Thanks for reading and I will let you know the day that I start.
    Excited!!

2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Hello! What an amazing mindset! You deserve applause and I wish you all the best for your journey! As for the man… why don’t you take him to the doctor as well, so that he knows his health risks and the scary prognosis, as well. Maybe the tests results and doctor’s conclusions will convince him to start losing weight together with you. It would be fantastic. You could exercise together and support each other. If he does not agree, let him eat the junk food outside the house, without bringing it with him. You can tell him that if he wants to let the food kill him, let it be so, he’s a grown up person and is responsible for his decisions, but you are not willing to leave your precious baby without a single parent and you need to have a house free from junk, so that your kid doesn’t get used to it and doesn’t end up having the same health risks. Something like that… but you need to be calm… better write down some thesis and go straight through them, one by one, letting him know how important it is for you to achieve good results.

By the way, if he stops bringing junk food at home, and will only eat it outside, and will bring high-quality fresh foods, it will be your task to cook healthy dishes that are delicious at the same time (zillions of recipes on the net), and this might help him get on the same wave with you… it’s a difficult process. You will be struggling with yourself, taking care of your precious baby and trying to convince your man… get ready for a real fight. Every time you want to give up, look at your baby, every time you want to grab a piece of chips or a chocolate bar, take your baby in your hands and dance with her around the house, raising your legs, making squats and lunges, even if just a couple at the beginning. Get your endorphins from pleasant activities instead of bad foods.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed that everything works great for you. Have a nice weekend and best of luck at the doc’s

3. BlipBlopBlah

BlipBlopBlah New Member
    Registered

Thanks April, I will definately give all of that a go. When I feel tempted or tired I'll reread your post to try and give me a little boost. Blood test done, making new doctor appointment tomorrow. Hopefully I can get in to see her Tuesday. If I can I hope to start Wednesday morning as from what I am reading taking it early in the day might help me sleep better at night and thats important with Bubby needing me a few times each night.
    Thanks again.

April likes this.
  4. BlipBlopBlah

BlipBlopBlah New Member
    Registered

Started on 30mg yesterday. Took it around 6am and it really helped with hunger. It did keep me up most of the night and I had a dry mouth. Don't feel tied today as I guess it peps you up. Will go to bed a bit later tonight as there is no use in lying in bed awake. Does anyone have a good tip for dry mouth at night as if I drink water all night i'll be forever going to the loo.
    Feeling great about getting started.

April likes this.