Lifestyles of others

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ForgetfulMe, May 24, 2014.

1. ForgetfulMe

ForgetfulMe New Member
    Registered

Hi All!

I started on Duromine today and am interested in what others do to help lose weight while taking this medication? Eg. Diet and exercise.
    I don't know really where to start! Hehe. I took my first pill today and have experienced an increased heart rate for most of the day but a lot more energy. Also what about going out for social events, I know the advise of not too drink, but surely people do have a drink? Any advise would be great.

Thank you!
    :)

2. Audrey3

Audrey3 Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome! You will find a lot of useful advise and support from all the wonderful people on this forum.

I guess everybody has a different approach to diet and exercise. I find a low carb diet (just try to cut back on carbs and fatty foods) works best. As far as exercise is concerned, I am very lazy to do formal exercise, but do walk a lot and have a fairly active lifestyle, running around the whole day, going for walks and social dancing now and then.

Be sure to drink LOTS of water and eat small regular meals, it really does help with the side effects. What strength are you taking? Some people prefer the 15mg dosage, but give your body a week or two to get used to the medication and the side effects should subside.

Good luck:):)

3. ForgetfulMe

ForgetfulMe New Member
    Registered

Hello! Thank you for your reply Audrey3!

Well the doctor has put me straight on 30mg, I need to lose about 20kgs and I've recently been diagnosed with IBS (irritable bowel) so with me changing my whole life style such as what I eat and with increasing exercise (I'm incredibly lazy and lack all kinds of motivation) I hope to be able to lose this by the start of summer.

Thank you very much for the information you have provided, I appreciate it!

Thank you :):)