Lets share our weight loss tips & knowledge here!

Discussion in 'General Diet Plans and Questions' started by SIZE16, Oct 28, 2011.

1. SIZE16

SIZE16 New Member
    Registered

You often hear when people first start dieting, they contribute their weight loss to water weight. It may sound stupid but until 5 minutes ago I didn't know what they were talking about!

Water weight loss is a temporary reduction in body weight due to the loss of bodily fluids -- generally through sweat, urination or defecation. The body is as much as 60 percent water, which is present in the blood and lymph fluids and absorbed into the tissues. When the tissues absorb this water, they become heavier, the same way a waterlogged cloth is heavier than one that is slightly damp. When the tissues lose this water, they become lighter.

#1 SIZE16, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2017
  2. SIZE16

SIZE16 New Member
    Registered

IS WATERMELON FATTENING?
    Watermelon is a delicious summer treat that often evokes memories of picnics and fireworks. The sweet taste and refreshing effects of watermelon make it the perfect snack for a hot day. The watermelon also offers far-reaching health benefits that make it a great food year round.

Improved Vision
    Eating enough watermelon can prevent night blindness. This is because watermelon is rich in vitamin A and beta carotene, which improves overall eye health.

Weight Conscious
    Watermelon is low in calories and high in water content, making it filling but not fattening. Eating watermelon in place of high-calorie treats can help to shed the pounds without the feeling of missing out on something.

Cancer Prevention
    Lycopene is a proven antioxidant known to help in the prevention of cancer and cell damage. Red, fleshy foods like watermelons, tomatoes and pink grapefruits all contain high amounts of the antioxidant lycopene.

With a high dose of B6, watermelon makes for great brain food. B6 helps the body to create brain chemicals that regulate sleeping patterns, relieve stress and even Brain Power Unlive a feeling of elation.

Healthy Muscles
    Potassium-rich foods like watermelon help athletes to cope with muscle strain and muscle cramps. Eating a slice of watermelon immediately after rigorous exercise can even prevent sore muscles.

#2 SIZE16, Oct 29, 2011
  3. SIZE16

SIZE16 New Member
    Registered

THIS 20 MINUTE WORK OUT IS GREAT!

Personally I use a treadmill but you can do it with anything as the below info explains.
    We use this program - cardio and weights - and love it. You will sweat more in 20minutes using this technique than you would in double that time on a steady pace. It is based on your OWN fitness levels and it really buggers you! Intensity Levels are your personal scale of fitness from 1-10. 5 being mid range (just walking normally) 6 a little faster 7 a little faster 8 to me is a bit of a trott/skip sort of thing 9 is running and 10 is running so fast that i can hardly continue.

BEST OF ALL YOURE DONE IN 20 MINUTES!

Official Body-for-LIFE Cardio-Training Plan

Cardio workouts are indispensable to an effective training program and general good health. By definition, cardio workouts can be any exercise—jogging, running, biking, swimming, elliptical machine, stairs, even jumping rope—that raises and maintains your heart rate over a predetermined amount of time. By doing so, you strengthen your heart and lungs and lower your resting heart rate, which means that over time the same effort that produced a 10-minute mile will produce a 9-minute mile. Cardio workouts burn fat. And cardio fitness is what gives you endurance and the ability to persist in sports and in life.

The Benefits of Cardio:
    • Increases metabolic rate
    • Increases growth hormone secretion
    • Reduces stress levels
    • Increases blood flow to the brain increasing alertness
    • Improve cholesterol levels
    • Improves digestion
    • Boosts immune-system function
    20-Minute Aerobics Solution™ — The Official Body-for-LIFE Cardio Plan
    1. Warm up the first 2 minutes at Intensity Level 5
    2. Minutes 2-3 move from Intensity Level 5 to 6
    3. Minutes 4-5, 6-10 and 11-14 work your way from Intensity Level 6 to Level 9, maintain for one minute.
    4. Minutes 15-19 work your way from Intensity Level 6 to Level 10 (High Point at Level 10), maintain for one minute.
    5. Minute 20 cool down to Intensity Level 5 for one minute.
    Alternate weight-training and cardio workouts for six consecutive days and rest on the seventh day.

#3 SIZE16, Oct 29, 2011
    Ineedhelp likes this.
  4. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Good idea!

5. Eloise

Eloise Member
    Registered

lovin you SIZE16 your soo positive and into it. haha and your username is good xx

6. djembay

djembay New Member
    Registered

Great ideas everyone!!
    I am doing the tony ferguson shakes and soups for two meals a day and find that is really helping as I dont have to think about what else to have....then I have a plate of salad or vegies and a protein portion (120gms) for dinner. Its great cos I dont feel so full and fat like after i used to when eating a big carbo loaded meal (eg spag bol or pizza etc)

7. davidgomes

davidgomes New Member
    Registered

Amazing share. Thanks SIZE16
    And What kind of name is that SIZE16..LOL

8. mydarkdesirex

mydarkdesirex New Member
    Registered

Hi,
    I've tried all sorts of things to lose weight. Pills, diets.
    My problem was just that I didn't know what to eat or when to eat it. I'm now on a healthy eating and exercise plan that was put together by Facebook page Ditch the Diet. I've never liked pills, they cause me all sorts of medical problems and really scare me, but the things ditch the diet taught me on healthy eating with the support of the forums have let me lose 10 kilos already =) I'm really proud of myself, but it's a lot better than pills and less medical issues =) I hope I can help someone else.

9. Emmac01

Emmac01 New Member
    Registered

The fruit is mostly used in salads or as a spread. It is also used to prepare dips, smoothies, or purees. Avocados are an excellent source of good fats. However, due to the higher fat content, weight watchers usually avoid them. So, is avocado fattening? Does avocado increase weight?

There is a lot of misconception about avocados. Avocados do have saturated fats, but they also have healthy fats. However, the good fats and other vital nutrients they contain far outweigh the saturated fat content. To know if avocados are fattening, we need to take a look at the nutrition facts.

To lose weight, you need to burn more calories than you consume. When considering all the factors such as gender, age, physical activity, and genes, diet impacts your body weight the most.

How much Avocado per day for weight loss?
    A one-ounce serving of avocado contains 45 calories. This fruit is a good option to add to your weight loss diet. If you are wondering how to eat avocado for weight loss, you can combine avocado with eggs and have it as a post-workout snack. Having it at lunch in a sandwich may also aid weight loss.

According to research published in the Nutrition Journal, consuming half an avocado at lunch will satiate you if you are overweight and prevent you from snacking. The research was conducted to find out how eating avocado affects a person’s satiety, blood sugar, and insulin response.

For the study, the participants were divided into three groups. The first group didn’t have avocados in their diet. The second group had a lunch containing only avocado. And, the third group had a standard lunch with half an avocado.

The study found that the people in the third group were 40% less hungry three hours after their meal. In the third group, 26% felt more satiated after their meals compared to the other groups.

Although more research may be required in this regard, we can say that eating half an avocado for lunch, along with an otherwise balanced diet and exercise, could help with weight loss.

Read More for Avocado Weight-Loss Recipes : Avocado Fattening

#9 Emmac01, Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2017
  10. Michaelfern

Michaelfern Guest

Watermelon is most definitely one of the most nutritious fruits and the watermelon juice makes for a great weight loss drink. In complete agreement with you on its low-calorie and high water content keeps you full. This helps you to control any binge eating. Check out the watermelon weight loss diet and complete plan that you should follow if you want to lose weight: Watermelon Fattening

#10 Michaelfern, Jun 30, 2017
  11. Josephine vella

Josephine vella New Member
    Registered

I'm currently at 72.3 kts the heaviest I've been in my life apart from being pregnant , really gets me down. My goal weight is 55 kgs, u will be over the moon if I achieve it . Was only 51.3 , as time past the kilos just crept up . I'm determined to achieve it through healthy lifestyle , healthy eating smaller portions and daily exercise with the little help of duramine 15mg. Menapause is a nuisance

#11 Josephine vella, Jul 1, 2017
    Lized likes this.