Let's Do This! Duromine 30mg.

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by MissE, Feb 2, 2014.

1. MissE

MissE New Member
    Registered

Hello everyone!

I started on Duromine 30mg 5 days ago and finally am starting to feel the crazy side effects die down. I had trouble sleeping the first 3 nights, I am usually a Nanna and am in bed around 9pm and instead I was still up 11-12. I was awake around 5am each morning also. Last night was the first night I slept decently thankfully!

Energy is there but nothing too crazy. Dry mouth and a rather zoned out feeling affected me the first couple of days but I am feeling a lot better this morning!

My diet consists of meal replacement shakes for breakfast and lunch as I have done before and dinners are meat/veg/salad, very low carb.

Water is key at the moment as I am so thirsty which I know is normal. Still have my usual no sugar skim milk coffee in the morning.

I do tend to feel a little grumpy in the afternoon and I have made my other half aware of this!

I did have a sneaky weigh in yesterday and I have lost 3kg. I know the first week of any diet is always the biggest but it is still a nice little motivator. I have since told my partner to take my scales hostage and bring them out every Thursday for me so I can't be tempted to 'just see' lol.

Exercise seems to be every second day and I will either do 30mins on my exercise bike or a 45min walk/jog.

My starting weight was 66kg, current weigh is 63kg and my goal would be to get to 58kg. It isn't a lot to lose but I feel a small weight gain is very noticeable as I am a shorty at 163cm.

So my fingers are crossed and I will continue to update here.

All the best to everyone on here :)

2. mummamooshka

mummamooshka New Member
    Registered

Hi MissE,
    Well done so far. I am on 30mg and today is day 14. I have lost 5kg but I think more in cm.

I had no side effects at all apart from dry mouth. The only thing I have noticed is by the time I get home from work all I want to do is sleep or I have days where I'm hungry. I'm not sure if this may have something to do with the horrible hot flushes I am having cause of menopause, but I will be see my gp about it.

I am also short 158cm and any weight gain is noticeable. I started at 72kg and my goal is 60kg.

All the best and would love to hear how you are going.

MissE likes this.
  3. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

All the best for you MissE!

4. MissE

MissE New Member
    Registered

Hello again!

So week one's results leave me with a 4kg loss! Very happy!

The side effects have worn off but still find myself feeling a tad grumpy in the afternoons and still so thirsty but I can deal with that.

Diet has been 100% on track, have even been baking like mad and just give them to my partner to take to work (haven't even had one!)

I need to ensure I exercise more from now on. I was doing a lot of cleaning and gardening at least.

Will post again next week :)

PS- How are you travelling Mummamooshka? Huge congrats on the 5kg! Looking forward to hearing about your third week :)

5. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Wow! 4kg!!!
    Congratulations, MissE!:D:D:D

MissE likes this.
  6. R07i3

R07i3 New Member
    Registered

Good work :), I am trying to get to 57kg being a shirty too. Coming in at 157cm, I am at last weigh in 72kg I was 77kg. Weigh in next week, not feeling confident but, had a few slip ups :( . Keep me posted on your journey