Last Chance Bride

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by JLH, Feb 11, 2012.

1. JLH

JLH New Member
    Registered

Hi everyone,

First day of Duromine....

My goal is to lose 20 kilos. I am getting married in September this year, and its my second marriage. I absolutely refuse to be a chubby bride (again). As this is going to be my last marriage (lol) it's my only chance to finally look good in wedding photos. I have been trying to lose weight on and off for about 10 years, it's now time to get serious. My doctor has prescribed the 40mg tablets, and I have to see him every thirty days for a weigh in.

Starting weight: 75.9 kgs
    Goal weight: 55 kgs
    Height: 152cms
    Mini goal: 65 kgs

Anyway, I could use some support, so anyone who wants to tell me their story and come along for the ride is most welcome. Hope to hear from you soon. I am based in Brisbane, and would love some duromine buddies.

2. WannaBeAHotMumma

WannaBeAHotMumma New Member
    Registered

Hey,
    I start duro tomorrow, I was given the 40mg too. I am brissy based my self aswell and congrats on the wedding :)
    My age 20
    Weight 115kg
    height 175cm
    goal weight 80kg

so I got a lot of weight to shed!

Also anyone who is reading this, My doctor took me off my original contraception the depo as this is the main and only reason I weigh so much! I never was told that the depo-provera can reduce your metabolism rate by up to 80% so please trust me when i say be carefull what contraception you use ladies!

Toodles for now :)

3. Laura Bear

Laura Bear New Member
    Registered

Holy Frijoles, guys! 40mg is INTENSE! Where is your Doctor?! (I'd like to get me some of that!)

I have the Implanon in my arm right now. It would be interesting to see if I drop weight if I got it out... but then that would increase the whole baby thing, which I'm not ready for at all :(

And Wanna Be A Hot Mumma... I'm on the SS Lotsa Weight to Lose with you! I have a total of 39.7kg to lose (21.4kg to go!!)

4. JLH

JLH New Member
    Registered

Hey guys, thanks for replying...

Laura, am based in Brissy, so might be a bit far for you to come for the stronger meds...lol. I am very inspired by your progress so far, so please keep posting.

Wannabeahotmumma, might be easier to lose if it's just contraceptive weight? Fingers crossed for you it is...Hows your first day going?

Well, my day two so far

Went to sleep at midnight, awake at 4am. It's now lunchtime and I'm feeling pretty good in spite of the early morning.

Foodwise am aiming for about 1200 calories per day...

Toast and two cups of coffee for brekkie

2 handfuls (about 40grams) of dry roasted mixed nuts for snack

1/2 cup green grapes and a fruit yoghurt for lunch

Planning to have:

Dried apricots for afternoon snack

Steak and garden salad for dinner

Was ravenous when I woke up this morning and in fact still a bit hungry, but am doing ok. No weird symptoms yet...dry mouth seems to be about it, but that works for me cos I'm not a big water drinker so it forces me to drink more.

Anyway, good luck guys...hope to hear from you again soon.

5. WannaBeAHotMumma

WannaBeAHotMumma New Member
    Registered

Well done ladies you are doing great!!

First day was today, doc put me straight on 40mg. So far no side-effects other than a little bit of dry mouth, no cravings! and energy (which I dont mind at all)

Laura bear - Be carefull with the implanon, I had it in around 3 years ago and stacked on about 15kg in under two months! Not only that it also moved up in my arm, but everyone reacts differently to different things.
    I am now totally off the depo and started taking the pill again as of yesterday..

I was suprised that my doc gave me the 40mg duro straight away but he said the stronger dose will really help me get my metabolism back to normal and the pill will help as well so fingers crossed x

Good luck ladies you're doing great!!! :)

Keep me posted on how your doing & I will do the same cya :)

6. JLH

JLH New Member
    Registered

Okay, so nearly three weeks down, and nearly four kilos lighter. Not as quick as some of the others I have seen on here, but I'm pretty happy with it regardless. The first week I had bad headaches, broken sleep, hot flushes, dry mouth, racing heart...basically the works. Now however, I have no symptoms, lol...even to the point I thought the tablets may have stopped working cos I lost no weight last week. However, we moved house last week and my eating wasn't the best. I decided to jump start this week by missing a day of the tablets and starting fresh, and so far it seems to have worked. I feel re-energised and focused again, so fingers crossed.

SW 75.9
    CW 72.2

7. JLH

JLH New Member
    Registered

Hi all, been a while since I checked in so thought I would update.

SW 75.9
    CW 62.5
    GW 58

So, I am doing pretty well I think. I have been on Duromine for 17 weeks, and have lost 13.4 kgs. I seem to average about a kilo a week, although that has slowed in the last month as I'm getting closer to my goal. Less to lose so it takes longer I suppose. I now only have 4.5 kgs to get past the finish line...yay!!!! I have 7 weeks left til my wedding so am quietly confident I will make it. I have ordered my dress and if anyone knows any cheap but good alteration places in Brisbane can you please let me know? I ordered it 8 weeks ago so I think it may need a fair bit of adjusting...lol. I am still taking the 40mg dosage daily, and the only symptoms I have are the ever present dry mouth and I do have to take a fibre supplement daily...most of you know what that's for. I am feeling really good, and have starting wearing my size 10 jeans!!! Never thought those baby's would be seen on this back end again...lol. I am still seeing my doctor every 30 days and we now have an exit strategy to take me off the tabs. We are going to wait til after the wedding because apparently it can mess with your head, and he doesn't want to risk it so close to the big day. I will be going to see him after the wedding/honeymoon is done, and my dosage will be adjusted to the 30mgs. For the first few weeks, I will alternate each day one 40mg followed by a 30mg the next day. The next few weeks will be a 30mg and then I will alternate the 30mg and a 15mg daily. I will do a final month on the 15mgs and, depending on how I'm feeling, either stop after that or drop it to one tab every two days. Apparently, the slower you come off the less of a shock your body gets, so it's more likely to keep the weight off.

Anyways, hang in there everyone, cos it really does work and it really is worth it! I will update again soon.

Seriously, please message me if you know someone cheap to do the alterations...I wasn't joking :)

8. JLH

JLH New Member
    Registered

Also, as a last comment. You may notice I adjusted my goal weight. From where I am currently at the original goal weight is achievable, but I don't think it would be overly attractive. The revised goal weight takes into account how I am looking and feeling now, and this is a more manageable and realistic weight to maintain going forward.

9. Maureen

Maureen New Member
    Registered

Hi JLH

Congrats. You made it!!! You are almost there not everyone that started this journey can say that. It really takes lots of endurance at times. It feels so good to be a success. Ups and downs but most importantly to never give up. I only have 3.D to lose to my goal but it is very difficult. I gained almost 1kg for the past week and a half week. First time this happened. Some weeks a did not lose but I did not gain. I increased my work out since yesterday as I am not willing to give up so close even if I need to work twice as hard as the past 3 and a half months. Good luck for your last couple of skilo's. You really did well thus far!!!