Just to inspire others :)

Discussion in 'Success stories and motivation' started by charleighsmum, Nov 16, 2011.

1. charleighsmum

charleighsmum New Member
    Registered

Hi all i just thought i would pop on here and let others know that duromine does work if your willing to work it. I have lost 12kgs in 7 weeks and am well on the way to my goal weight. I know how all of you that want to lose weight feel i have yoyo'd all my life from 61kgs to 97kgs (and im only 5"1) i have lost and gained more than 100kgs in the last 4.5 years but i am determined this time to keep it off, i dont want my daughter to grow up with all the issues i have and i think if she sees me yoyo up and down she will follow the same pattern.

For all of you just starting out or having trouble i thought i would pop in some tips and tricks i have found that work well:

* Make sure you eat...atleast 3 meals a day if not more just watch your portion sizes and the type of food you're eating. I lose less weight if i dont eat atleast 3 meals a day. Try to always have breakfast even if its a piece of fruit, a piece of toast or i tend to have Up&Go's alot.
    * Carry water with you EVERYWHERE you go & have bottles of water in the fride all the time.
    * Exercise as often as you can, even if it means parking the car further away or doing more housework, anything that gets your heart rate up.
    * Eat what you want when you want it BUT think about how many calories/kilojoules you are consuming..if i want MacDonalds i eat it but i have a small meal (not a large and an extra burger like before) and i will get a wrap or if i really want i will get a Big Mac but ask for no cheese and take the middle bread out...and always get coke zero or diet coke there is an 800 calorie difference between a large big mac meal with normal coke and a small big mac meal with coke zero and no cheese :0
    * Keep some frozen meals in the freezer (lean cuisine, weight watchers, healthy choice etc) then there is no excuse for takeaway because you have no time. And you know your calorie intake
    * Dont buy junk food unless you want it right there and then but eat what you want and throw it out...then while you're sitting at home and feel like eating out of boredom there is nothing to eat but healthy food.
    * Find out your recommended calorie intake for weight loss and try to stick to it (or less) most days, if you try for less most days on the days you have a blow out it wont matter as much. Weight loss really is basic calories in and calories out, it doesnt matter if you eat carbs or fat or sugar or whatever if you are burning more calories than you are consuming you will lose weight and thats all there is about it.
    * Keep positive (or try to) if you have a bad day/week/weekend dont beat yourself up about it and dont throw your hands in the air and give up...every good day you have is a step toward your goal and every bad day is a speed hump on the way to goal!!!

I hope i dont sound like i think i know it all i really dont, i have bad days and down times too and i worry about what will happen when i come off it but if i had these tips to begin with it wold have made the start of my journey much easier and thats what i am hoping to do for you all :)

Do you have any tips or tricks that have helped you to lose more weight, curbe the side effects or even some low fat/calorie/carb recipes or snack ideas???

sw:91kgs
    cw: 79kgs
    gw: 68kgs

2. tams86

tams86 New Member
    Registered

you are doing amazing!!!! congrats on ur weight loss to date.
    Im on day 4 and have lost 4kg already!!! Kinda dont wanna believe it but scales dont lie!

thanks for the tips ... shall be copying them and pasting them to the fridge.

3. charleighsmum

charleighsmum New Member
    Registered

WOW!!!! 4 kgs in a week :eek: thats fantastic, i lost just under 3 in my first week and more than 2 for the next few weeks i have slowed down now and im losing between a kg and 1.5. Have you measured yourself? Last week i only lost .8 and was annoyed until i took my measurements and i had lost 3 cm off my waist in a week. I was shocked.

I really hope the tips help you out!!! And good luck
    Bec

4. KimberleyBee

KimberleyBee New Member
    Registered

This is truly inspiring :) I was 95.4 before starting Duromine and am onto day three. My goal weight is to get to 70kgs! can't wait