Just starting Duromine and wondering what to expect.....

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sliceoflife, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Sliceoflife

Sliceoflife New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Height:
    Lost:
    Goal Weight:
    Hi everyone, I have just taken my first Duromine 15mg this afternoon (silly time to take - I didn't take into account the insomnia) and have been in them for four hours so no side effects apart from a slightly dry mouth (water bottle at hand!). I went to see my doc this morning to get some scripts and was telling him that I'd been to the hospital (who keep an eye on an unrelated condition from weight) and that I had put on 17kgs since last August!! I take my dog for a walk every day and do four sessions of Pillates, Body Balance or Yoga during the week and, forgetting Christmas, usually if I do this I can lose the weight if I watch what I eat.
    He was talking about the different alternatives and mentioned a new drug that is given by injection four times a week, though when I learned the price per month I baulked ($400!) and he decided on Duromine. I took it many years ago and mostly remember staring at the ceiling at night and living on mainly cabbage but it was 40mg. The hospital is doing blood tests for hypothyroidism (sluggish thyroid), D3, B12 and iron and a couple of other things, so I guess I feel I am well taken care of.
    I have had insomnia for years and take Zolpidem. The only thing which helped settle it was hypnotism from a Psychologist friend so I am hoping I won't go back to staring at the ceiling. But I just hope it works. Anyone in the same boat, ie almost exinsomniac who takes Zolpidem or similar?

2. Sliceoflife

Sliceoflife New Member
    Registered

Woke up this morning and before cups of tea, etc, I weighed myself. Glory be! It's a miracle! I lost 1.7kg‼️ Still can't believe it. I ate two bowls of porridge (no sugar, just plain, half soy, half water) yesterday as hubby nabbed my leftovers and as porridge is my fave food...... I also drank 21/2L water yesterday and went to the loo about 6 times, which I can only attribute to the tablets. I think these tabs speed up metabolism as well as quell hunger.
    I slept like a log last night, was out like light and slept til 8.30 (my usual waking time). I am really thrilled.

3. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member Registered

Hello Sliceoflife! Welcome to the forum! I hope that you will enjoy your stay here and that your weight loss journey goes great! Congrats on first results =)) Of course, it’s the fastest and the easiest weight loss – the water weight. But it’s gone, so it’s a great start! Congratulations and I hope that this will motivate you to continue in the same great mood =)

Ok… now about your Duromine journey of the past… 40 mg is the strongest, so it’s normal that you had so strong side effects on 40 mg. I am happy for you that 15 mg do bring the required effects without the “non-required” ones. =)

As for the metabolism boost – yes Duromine does increase the fat processing into energy rate within your cells, yet it is not a diuretic. However, when you increase your water intake, and you obviously did =), your body needs some time (about 10 days) to get used to it and direct the incoming water into all the right places. Give it some time, and you will soon notice that your visits to the “tiny room” are less frequent.

Porridge… It’s a healthy food. Still, none of us should forget that we can overeat even the healthy foods. =) If you want to have a stable weight loss and never get back to Duromine after you finish this course, you will have to work a bit on making something like an eating schedule. It is a lot easier when you plan your foods and know exactly what you will eat. Just a suggestion (in fact, it is one of tips that you can get on weight loss/maintenance – to plan your meals and eat at the same time every day)

What I also remember from your other posts on the forum… Duromine can either suppress your hunger for good OR you can still feel hungry, yet get satiated from smaller amounts of food. I guess, you have the second option. Best of luck!

4. Sliceoflife

Sliceoflife New Member
    Registered

Thnx for your informative reply, April. I am really pleased that I still have some appetite and not like when I was on 40mg, where I had totally none! I ate fish and salads last night but left some of the fish (homemade in Breadcrumbs), which was good. Nothing else all night but a tea and coffee. I have just eaten lunch on the second day - two rice cakes, two eggs - and don't want the Yogourt or fruit I normally have.

I am d efinitely a habit eater and eat the same foods ever day. I cannot be bothered with menuedndiets as it's just too hard. At the moment my habit is no bread (for the past month), very low carbs, protein and salads.

Good to know you are there if I need help.

April likes this.