It's my first day and...

Discussion in 'Side-Effects of Duromine' started by Jon, Oct 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Jon

Jon New Member
    Registered

Hi everyone,

It's my first day on 40mg.

I'm usually someone who struggles with fatigue and sudden exhaustion/sleepiness.

Today, I took the pill at 5:30am and have felt fully awake and energized all day. This is unprecedented for me. Usually I find it hard to go a weekend day without napping (can't very well nap at work during the week, though I really wish I could most days!)

There's only one problem...
    The anxiety is killing me.

I've felt a crushing sense of anxiety all day. The kind with an ache I almost mistake for hunger.

Can someone who perhaps has experienced anxiety as a side effect shed some light on whether or not it's a temporary side effect and it should wear off in a few days or if there's a chance it's here to stay? Should I talk to my doctor about it?

Thanks!

2. Beccy477

Beccy477 New Member
    Registered

Anxiety should settle down after a week or so otherwise when/if I’ve felt anxious I’ll usually have a piece of fruit and it will make me feel a little better.

3. Dre

Dre Active Member
    Registered

hello Jon welcome to our wonderful forum!
    i have been on D. for a while and know what you are talking about,
    try and relax, i know it can seem hard at times..
    enjoy the magic because believe me, Duromine is magic!
    drink plenty of water, and always take it early in your day,

if the anxiety continues and is a problem for you mate,
    then you need to move to a lesser strength,
    the 30ml is very good.
    i know from experience the 40ml can be like that movie 'The Hangover'
    everything is fine until you open the door to your bathroom,
    and there is a fully grown Tiger in there!
    and it walks around all day with you..

hugs
    Dre

4. Rava

Rava Well-Known Member
    Registered

@Jon - definitely temporary in my opinion. The good news is you have options! @Dre offered some great advice!

If you are still feeling the same after 7 - 10 days - go to your GP and ask for a lower dose - you might find that these feelings go away on 30mg or even the 15mg.

I have anxiety (on and off) and my daughter has an extreme anxiety disorder. Firstly remember to breathe!

If these feelings are trying to overtake you - take 5 minutes. Lay down, take deep breaths and close your eyes. Focus on breathing in through your nose and out through your mouth. Do this 10 times.

Keep your eyes closed and now what can you hear? Try and hear 5 things and say them out loud.

The exercise is a way of bringing you "back to the present". Anxiety is a shitty issue that makes you stay in your own mind, overlooking what is happening right in front of you, and I have found this exercise really helps :)

Hang in there!

April and Dre like this.
  5. Jon

Jon New Member
    Registered

okay I'm back, thank you everyone for your replies. I actually had issues with my ISP all of last week and ended up with no internet at home so I've finally had some time to return to the forum.

it did pretty much settle after a couple days, thank god.

I'm constantly thirsty, I've never drank more water in my life lol. and I've set an alarm pretty early just to take it so it hasn't affected my sleep much.

okay but I actually found this so useful! this has really helped me get back in the moment during really bad times. thank you :)

so the anxiety has mostly gone, I've been sleeping pretty well and drinking lots of water (because I'm always thirsty) but one thing I've noticed is... it hasn't taken away my hunger. I do feel still pretty hungry very often, but I find I don't really enjoy the food I'm eating, like my taste buds are really dulled down but my hunger is still there.

cravings never get satisfied because.. food just doesn't taste the way i expect it to.

has anyone else experienced this?

Rava likes this.
  6. Rava

Rava Well-Known Member
    Registered

@Jon - I am so glad the "5 things" worked for you :). Awesome!

In regards to your hunger, what are you eating? Are you tracking your calories?

How much of your hunger is in your head? and what I mean by that is have a good look at how you were eating before. What your eating patterns were like, meaning how often did you eat? What was a typical meal?

If you have cut down to 3 small meals now, maybe its better if you eat more often. You can try 6 small meals a day instead. Still track your calories so you know your on point.

How much protein are you consuming? Protein is one of those things that keeps the body feeling full for longer. The more you eat of it, the less your mind will go "it's time to feed me".

It is recommended that you eat; 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight

So for example if you are 80kg (80 x 0.8 = 64) you should be at least eating 64 grams of protein per day- normally. When we are trying to lose weight - we should up our protein amount by at least 20 - 30% - so you would need to add at least another 15 - 20 grams.

Hope this helps!

Dre and April like this.