It worked for me!!

Discussion in 'My Experience with Duromine' started by Rachael27, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Rachael27

Rachael27 New Member
    Registered

Well hi to all, I have been taking DUROMINE on and off for nearly 3 years!! I have lost almost 45 kilos, it's not all Rosie and not quite what people think it is, let me start by saying I am 31 mother of 3 after the birth of my last child (nearly 6) I couldn't get the weight off I'm only 165cm tall not over big built but I weighed a massive 96 kilos, I had given up smoking so replaced cigarettes with chocolate bars and when I say chocolate I mean like up to 5 a day at times, I started a new career path (hairdressing) when my youngest was only a few months old so I would have to look at myself daily in mirrors and that's when a friend who was taking them suggested I did too! Mind you I had taken reductil a a few years prior which didn't do a thing, so I wasn't keen on trying DUROMINE! The first few weeks I was bouncing off walls and so thirsty but not at all hungry I literally had to force myself to eat...I lost 11 kilos in 4 weeks and that's when my obsession started!! Reality hit that the size 18 woman was now a size 14 and I loved that I had finally after 2 years could get into my favourite jeans, people would compliment me and I loved it! Back to the doctor I went and got more this time 40mg and after bouncing off walls and mood swings and constant sooking I lost another 8 kilos....so near 20 kilos lighter and size 12 falling off me, for the first time in my life (since high school) I brought my first size 10 pair of jeans! I felt so happy! But still it wasn't enough! With personal things happening on top of my 'obsession' it took over my life! I crashed my car due to lack of concentration I jumped from doctor to doctor (as no one give them to me) to get more, I had paranoia thoughts, suicidal thoughts, arguing with family, have up my own hair salon as looking at myself was unbearable starved myself, lived on chocolate milk and the occasional jelly bean! By now I had gone from 96 kilos to 55 and that's when things got worse! Wasn't enough! I started feeling guilty when I'd eat, so I stopped! I'd go weeks without eating....still taking DUROMINE although I was only taking it once every 4 days to lengthen it out as was told that I wasn't able to have it again! I dropped to 50 kilos! Then I got really sick, my body wasn't coping at all! To top it off I had to have surgery (for something totally different though) and my doctor at the time was going to refuse to operate as i wasnt well, that was then that I realised I really did have a problem! I had forgotten who I was, my marriage started to fall apart I'd shut myself off from the real world, i had spent thousands on clothes, I suffered depression, I finally asked for help! And it is the best thing I had done! I will battle this for a long time, I am a healthy 60 kilos now I still get paranoid and I still 'obsess' about my weight, I still suffer depression but my husband and children have their wife and mum back, I have a few ongoing health issues which over time will get better, I can't blame DUROMINE for this but it didn't help the frame of mind I was in, due to some of the side effects, I will never be that 'big' girl again but I do it healthy now, I still have days where I can't eat or keep anything down, I still crave DUROMINE and I'm not going to say I'd never take it again if I needed to! I don't want to turn people off it as not everyone will go through this, I hope no one ever does, I just want to warn people that yes it is great if used correctly not like I did, be careful, even if your not hungry force yourself to eat, drink plenty of water and allow yourself a treat once a week, and please have weekly doctor apps if you need to, good luck to you all that is on it, I wish you all the very best if you don't feel ok on them please stop! Talk to someone!

2. Rachael27

Rachael27 New Member
    Registered

I hope that this doesn't frighten anyone as like I said it wasn't just DUROMINE was my own self opinion obsession etc i abused them

3. Rachael27

Rachael27 New Member
    Registered

P.S I needed to mention that this was over a period of 18 months so losing that much weight in such a short time isn't healthy for anyone....and although it started 3 years ago, it has taken me 18 months to fully get over it!

4. Sierra

Sierra New Member
    Registered

Thanks for posting your story Rachael. I started on duromine three days ago, and really needed to see this. I weigh 137kgs at 21 years old. Ive never cared about my weight, but the thought of being healthier and fitting into normal clothes makes me excited! My doctor recommended duromine and suggests 80kgs would be a healthy weight for me. I'll be having monthly visits :)