Is it true you put weight back on when stopping duromine?

Discussion in 'Duromine Questions and Answers' started by Lulu82, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Lulu82

Lulu82 New Member
    Registered

Hi ya, I've just started a week ago on 15mg & have lost 2 kilos already. I'm quite worried that when I stop taking duromine I will put the weight back on & if not more.
    I was always told the faster you lose weight the faster you put it back on.
    Has anyone put weight back on when stopping? Thanks

2. alimimi

alimimi New Member
    Registered

Hi Lulu, I have used Duromine several times and I can tell you that the weight will not come back on if you continue to eat smaller portions of food. You will notice a weight gain of 1-2 pounds but that's only natural since your body is adjusting to not having the duromine. The only way you will gain your weight is if you go back to eater larger portions of food and lots of it. Duromine is a good way to get yourself started in making the right food choice and smaller portions. Make sure you drinks plenty of water. I hope this helps you. Can you please tell me where you bought your Duromine on line. I live in Australia and need to buy some but don't know which site to trust.
    Thanking you in advance.

Kate and HotFizz like this.
  3. alimimi

alimimi New Member
    Registered

excuse the misspelling I just reread my post :)

4. HotFizz

HotFizz Member
    Registered

After you done with Duromine just contiune to be healthy and avoid fast food!! Always remember how hard it is to lose weight , and how much hard work you put in to lose it. Just tell yourself no iam not going back there again and again, keep active keep healthy you should be fine.

Good luck take care

Kate, lovecat and Lulu82 like this.
  5. Lulu82

Lulu82 New Member
    Registered

Thank you for you advice. Sorry I live in NZ & my doctor prescribed it.

6. baybboo

baybboo New Member
    Registered

Hi Lulu, I think weight gain of up to 3 kg is normal after duromine but you can still continue to loose weight even after duromine. When i went off 40mg i continued to lose weight and even managed a 4kg weightloss without duromine. So it is quite possible to maintain your loss or even loose more. I have now gained back nearly all the weight i lost on duromine BUT this is because i stopped my diet and exercise and was eating junk every other day. I say duromine is excellent for weightloss but you will have to adopt and maintain a new approach to diet and exercise during and after duromine.

Booty and Melmo like this.
  7. hannahk

hannahk New Member
    Registered

Sorry I'm new to this and it won't let me start a new conversation. I was just wondering if anyone knows how overweight you have to be for or your doctor to give you a prescription for duromine? I probably weigh about 75kgs now after having my first baby ( I'm normally only 55kgs) and I feel horrible I've really tried to lose weight but it's so hard with a 6 month old and working pretty much full time. So basically just want to know whether I would qualify?!

8. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi, Hannah.
    You can use BMI calculator to find out your body mass index.
    Like THIS one
    If your BMI is between 25 and 29.9 you are considered overweight. If your BMI is 30 or over you are considered obese. Duromine is prescribed to overweight people with BMI 27 and higher and obese people. Well, it also depends on the doctor. Some doctors may not give you the prescriptiob even if you are obese.

Booty likes this.
  9. D__emi

D__emi New Member
    Registered

my doctor also answered the question of post weight gain after duromine. she said that it is the re-visiting of old habits that causes the weight gain. Other people told me they put weight on but when I observed their habits they did not watch what they ate or made bad choices.
    So I am glad my doc was honest with me. I believe weight gain of about 1-2 kgs after any strict dieting would be normal. So I would continue training and eating light healthy meals with food that your body agrees with. Additionally, enlist your doctor and see how they want you to ween your self off the duromine. This is my plan even before I begin.
    Only because I want to ensure maintaining my weight.

10. RNB

RNB New Member
    Registered

Hi Lulu82, I used Duromine 30mg for 3 months last year & lost 20+ kg (started at 150kg). I managed to keep the weight off for approx 3 months, but then got lazy & went back to old eating habits & I've actually put most of the weight I lost back on. Like others have mentioned, you just need to stick to eating less etc.
    I have been off work for a year (took redundancy, so could afford to), but I went back to my old habits of eating when I got bored at home etc.
    I've actually started on 40mg (on my 2nd week) & have lost 5kg but that's because I've stuck to my eating plan etc. I know what I need to do now that I've been on this before....
    So long story short.... yes, you can lose the weight...but make sure you stick to your eating plan once you're off the prescription!! Hope this info helps. :)