Is exercise necessary with a diet plan?

Discussion in 'General Diet Plans and Questions' started by mubeenim, Aug 15, 2014.

1. mubeenim

mubeenim Guest

Hey…
    Guys what do you think Is exercise necessary with a diet plan..?? According to Tacoma Personal Trainer yes exercise really important
    share your opinion with me…

#1 mubeenim, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
    Melmo likes this.
  2. TheDownLow

TheDownLow New Member
    Registered

80% of weight loss is nutrition based. You can't out train a bad diet

3. christine V

christine V Member
    Registered

They say weight loss is 80% food and 20% exercise. ..

4. Leigh'sgottalottolose

Leigh'sgottalottolose Well-Known Member
    Registered

Some of us need both.. unfortunatly .... AND IN THIS DAY AND AGE we do NOT move as much a we should, so not just for weight loss but for health reasons ,we SHOULD ALL be moving a whole lot more, be it gym, or walking ,compared to all our average hours a day of sitting ....

KaylaLouise, Melmo and Kate like this.
  5. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Crazy pace of life and human progress both do not let us move more. In this modern life it is very hard for a woman to find time for herself, especially for gym. House, kids, work....No time for anything else sometimes. But you can move (for example) by bicycle instead of car for a change, if your roads are in a good condition and if you don't have to go to the store for groceries.

Melmo and Leigh'sgottalottolose like this.
  6. Melmo

Melmo Member
    Registered

It is both, nutrition and exercise equally. By diet and exercise combined you can lose more weight sustainably. While I agree with the old 'you cant out train bad nutrition' statement, I know you can out train a bad day :) If you know your calorie requirements and you have gone over it, you can most definitely burn off the excess with extra cardio. I did this recently after a bad nutrition day, which consisted of a day consuming a lot of pizza and coke. I knew what I was over, and had an excess of 4000kJ! which made me panic! But I did a few extra half hour sessions on the exercise bike for the next few days until I burned it off, and came back to my weekly kJ goal. I even lost weight that week, which I didn't expect. In short I think, while exercise alone wont get results, diet alone will get unsustainable results. But both in partnership, that works really well and gives you more control. With diet alone, if you slip up with what you've eaten you cant get it back. Doing both, if you eat something extra, you can work it off :) x

7. Leigh'sgottalottolose

Leigh'sgottalottolose Well-Known Member
    Registered

agree Melmo. but because I know it takes 3 to 5 hard sweat and exercise days , to just get back to that weight you gained because of "bad " food choices, for the day or just 1 meal, not always worth it in my book.. If you at goal weight and you have a bad eating day or pig out day, sure no worries taking 3 days of exercising hard to lose it again, but if you still got 30 kg of weight to lose, not good to be playing around with your food choices right now ..lol but that's just me and my head space right now,...

christine V and Melmo like this.
  8. Melmo

Melmo Member
    Registered

Absolutely in no way was I condoning eating more than what is in your kJ allowance, but inevitably it happens from time to time. I think that its awesome to be able to work off that excess with exercise rather than admit defeat. My diet is 1200 cal a day and has been for over a year, so my food choices are extremely healthy for the most part in order to meet my macronutrient targets. So when I went over my daily kJ allowance, I chose to burn it off on my stationary bike rather than do nothing. I don't have a fitbit or heart rate monitor so I erred on the side of caution and used estimated kJs burned based on my age, height and weight. I found it wasn't hard at all to make up the excess and regain a calorie deficit for the week, and have a loss as well. I also now know that dominos pizza is not a worthy option lol and to log a new food before I choose to eat it. I am proud I did the extra hour and a half in the end instead of just wearing it, so to speak. Also the more cardio I do the more I can do :) Anyway my point was that with diet alone, if you slip up with what you've eaten you cant get it back. With some extra effort and some extra exercise, if you eat something extra, you can work it off :) x

christine V likes this.
  9. Booker Villalobos

Registered

Yes, exercise is important with diet plan.