Implanon and period on duromine

Discussion in 'Side-Effects of Duromine' started by newtothis, Sep 23, 2014.

1. newtothis

newtothis New Member
    Registered

Hi day 7 on duromine 30mg here. I have been on implanon for quite some time now and no periods at all. Started duromine last Wednesday and yesterday I had alot of period pain and today up shows my period.
    Anyone else had this? Normal you think? My doctor knows I have the implanon so I'm sure would have said if there's any issues with it.

2. Smick

Smick Well-Known Member
    Registered

Shouldn't be any issues. My daughter had implanon for 2 years. For the first 18 months no period.... just the occasional spotting that did not even require any feminine hygiene products. THEN she had spotting for 6 months straight. Ended up getting it taken out and an IUD (mirena) put in. No more periods at all.
    Everyone is different. Her problems began after a nasty bout of glandular fever. Don't know if it is related at all.
    For you it might just be a coincidence.
    Irregular bleeding is the most common side effect with implanon, it is the most common reason given for removal.

3. newtothis

newtothis New Member
    Registered

Thanks for the reply :) this is my second implanon so have used them for nearly 5 years and no bleeding before. Just find it a bit strange it came the week I started duromine. Not worried though :)

4. Smick

Smick Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yeah I wouldn't be concerned. There is nothing in the literature. Maybe your body is reacting to the greatly reduced calorie intake. Our bodies do strange things when they are shocked into it.

Rosie C and newtothis like this.