I'm Sylvia and really excited to be here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sylvia, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia New Member
    Registered

Starting Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Height:
    Lost:
    Goal Weight:
    Hi, I'm so excited to be here. I started Duromine 15mg on Friday. I'm now on Day 5 and lost a kilo.

I didn't even realise I was obese until I started my backpacking journey around the world in 2015 with a dentistry stopover in Bangkok. When the nurse took my height and weight measurements and told me I was 89kg I went into shock. I've always hovered around 65kg my whole life and although I knew I had packed on some beef I hadn't realised just how overweight I was until that moment.

I did end up losing 13kgs on a strict very low carb diet over 2 months whilst we were just chilling out in South America before getting married in USA, I did get down to 76kgs for our elopement in Miami but the weight has crept back on since coming back to Australia from our trip in 2016 and getting back to the reality of work, bills, and life pressures.

I've been trying to do the low carb diet again but found myself ruining all the hard work done in the day with wine in the evenings and then the carb bingeing that came with drinking too much wine.

I found out about Duromine one night googling when I couldn't sleep and came across this forum. I spoke to my doctor about it. She wasn't keen on giving it to me at all. After explaining that I was seeing a dietitian and a physiotherapist and that I just felt hungry ALL of the time she did agree to prescribe 15mg for one month only.

I'm on Day 5 and to be honest I can't believe how good it is. I'm not hungry. I'm still eating three meals a day, but much smaller meals and very few snacks, if any snacks at all. It's working! I'm so excited about the next month and I'm sure my doctor will prescribe a further month when she sees progress finally taking place.

Duromine really is the kickstart that I needed. Being an emotional eater, the more my weight made me feel down the more I would self soothe with snacks, eating without even realising how much food I was putting into myself

Thanks for all of the information this forum provided to me over my sleepless nights over the past few months. Thank you to everyone who has shared their experiences here. There is a lot of misinformation out there about Duromine. It's so good to get real insight from real people using Duromine on this forum.

Magie likes this.
  2. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Oh wow! What a lovely message! Crossing my fingers and all parts of the body that can be crossed for your success! Looking forward to your updates. Cheers

Sylvia likes this.
  3. Magie

Magie New Member
    Registered

Good luck Sylvia! Look forward to hearing about your progress. I’m on day 4. :)

April likes this.
  4. Sylvia

Sylvia New Member
    Registered

Good luck Maggie. X

April likes this.
  5. Time to try

Time to try New Member
    Registered

Day 5 here fit me tooand going ok. I hear exactly what you are saying about the snacks, I just don’t feel like them anymore and I was a big snacker (chips, choc, bread, biscuits....mmmm lol) My doctor was a bit different, when I said I was hungry all the time she had no hesitation letting me try, only the 15mg to start then review with her after 4 weeks, if an improvement and blood pressure and heart rate all looking ok she will up me to 30mg if I want...slowly slowly...at this stage I’m thinking why not as no side effects so far...great to have someone else at the same time on their change to watch...good luck

6. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum and all the best wishes to you on your journey! Enjoy the positive changes!

7. Sylvia

Sylvia New Member
    Registered

SW - 84.1kg
    CW - 80.5kg
    Height - 167cm
    Goal - 67kg
    I've just hit the halfway mark for the month. I've lost 3.6kgs in 2 weeks. I'm feeling fabulous. I'm no longer snacking and I'm preparing my food ahead of time. And I'm NOT DRINKING! This is a big thing for me! I usually can't go a night without wine.

How are you going Maggie? You started the same time as me.

April likes this.
  8. April

April Staff member
    Staff Member

Oh wow! Congratulations on the great result! So happy that you managed to make this HUGE change! You should be proud of yourself! Keep up the great work!

Sylvia likes this.
  9. Sylvia

Sylvia New Member
    Registered

Thanks April, if it wasn't for this forum I would not be making this progress. Thanks to all of you guys for your words of encouragement and work that you do behind the scenes.

April likes this.