I'm starting tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Rosie C, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Rosie C

Rosie C Member
    Registered

I'm so excited!

After a long wait I am FINALLY starting my Duromine journey tomorrow! I have written about struggling with my weight/situation on the forums before so I won't blather on again... I am just overjoyed to finally have a start day. I'm "due" in a few days, so i'm expecting in the first week to have a considerable loss... but a lot of that will be hormonal/water. Tonight I will anxiously be charting and measuring everything. In the past i've found a thorough weekly weigh in and measure is fantastic at keeping me on track and, in the event of a bad week, great to drive me to push harder.

I have a starting weight of 88kgs. I am looking to get to about 63-65kgs, but only really want to use Duromine to get me in to the low 70's. From there my body will be "lithe" enough to play ball and in a better condition to take more intense workouts and I can use my own drive to get me through the home straight (or the home 8! )(kgs).

I'll make sure I keep checking in here to share my progress. My experience with Duromine about 9 years ago means I am already expecting the considerably less sleep and the cotton mouth. But, that I can cope with.

I can't wait!!!! It begins tomorrow!!!!

KatieB and Melmo like this.
  2. Melmo

Melmo Member
    Registered

Congratulations! Sounds like you're in the right head space, I'm sure you'll do fantastically. Good luck Rosie :) x

Rosie C likes this.
  3. letsdropthekgs

letsdropthekgs New Member
    Registered

Hi... I started today. My starting weight is 90 and am hoping to loose 15kg. 20 would be amazing!! Look fwd to hearing how u go

Rosie C and Melmo like this.
  4. Christine

Christine New Member
    Registered

HI, I started this morning on 30mg. My weight is 95 and I'm sick of yo yo dieting. I'm hoping this helps kick start it. I took it at 5:30 and am at work now and definately its strarting to kick in. I've got a very dry mouth :)

Fatmumfit, Melmo and Rosie C like this.
  5. Rosie C

Rosie C Member
    Registered

Oh! I'm so glad there is a few of us starting at the same time - I'll make sure I update you as I get any results.
    5.30am is a great time to take it. I remember when I had it about 9 years ago, I used to leave one on my nightstand with some water and set my alarm for 4am. I'd take it and go straight back to sleep. By 6am i was UP!!! but i certainly made sleeping at night easier.

Good luck, everyone!!

Fatmumfit and Melmo like this.
  6. Christine

Christine New Member
    Registered

I leave home at 6 and normally have my breakfast at work at 7. HOnestly I'm not hungry and not interested in eating it yet.
    I've got a dry mouth but have lots of water and think i will be fine. I do have valium at home for anxiety so if I can't sleep I know half a one of those will help me through that

7. Debbie74

Debbie74 Member
    Registered

Hi Rosie, how are you feeling so far. I started back on duromine today after a tough month and need some motivation to get back into it. I would to hear how your first days have been. It's going to be lovely weather in melbourne this weekend so plan to get back into walking which I haven't been able to do for a month. I look forward to seeing your progress
    Debbie

8. Rosie C

Rosie C Member
    Registered

Hi Debbie. Honestly, I'm feeling fantastic! But a lot of that is because i'm finally started and the rest is the way i've decided to attack this next 2 months as positively as possible.

Yesterday was great though. I had Duromine about 8 years ago and so I knew what to expect.. and I was right, the dry mouth and thirst kick in almost immediately. But I went through 3 lt of water and today i'm armed with a packet of extra which i find helps enormously. I have a very organised exercise plan, yesterday was 45 mins brisk walk - today is 35 mins brisk walk and 15 mins weights. I'm going in hard though with a lot of preparation because for me personally, lack of planning leads to crappy results.
    Yesterdays intake consisted of a glass of Vital Greens in the morning (I have them to help with my nutrient intake and keep skin/body healthy). Breakfast was 1 kiwi, 2 strawberries and a handful of blueberries and a spoon full of chobani yoghurt. Lunch was a (very) small grilled chicken wrap with avocado, spinach and lemon and dinner was a small side bowl of a thai style chicken soup. Total daily calories was about 600, and that was forced. I need to get a few more in today.I'm not too hard on myself, Duromine is quite powerful, it'll take a few days to find my balance on it. Very conscious of not letting the Duromine work my metabolism for me, but actively getting it going myself. Otherwise weight will pile on the second I go off it. No jitters. I fell asleep at about 10.30pm and whilst a awoke a few times, I was out til 6am.
    Really excited though and i'm going to get the best results I can from this!
    I hope your re-start goes well!! Bad months happen (or years in my case ;)), but it's best to put it behind you, learn what you can about what helps you succeed and what tempts you to fall off the wagon, and then plan for it. I have faith in you Debbie!!

Debbie74 and KatieB like this.
  9. Debbie74

Debbie74 Member
    Registered

HI Rosie,
    Sounds like your on the right track. Well done. I have been really good also so far.
    I had a slice of wholemeal toast with vegemite and 1/4 avocado for breakfast. I had some a salad for lunch and a banana for afternoon tea. I normally just have a piece of lean meat and veggies for dinner. I really want to make sure I eat small portions but at least 4 or 5 small meals a day to keep my metabolism going and not to be shocked when I go off duromine. Its really hard though as I'm not hungry at all. I have to force myself.
    Keep up the good work Rosie!

10. Rosie C

Rosie C Member
    Registered

Sounds like you're making good decisions!!! I'm away for work at the moment, which is interesting. Great, because I'm getting up early and going for big walks every morning before, but odd also, because besides knowing i'm doing the right things... I'll have no measure for it. Not measuring tapes... No scales. After 8-9 days i'm hoping there is a bit of weight loss. But curiously, I have starting 'not really feeling' the Duromine. The dry mouth is still there. My portions are still small - but not because I am not hungry at all. I'm just stopping. Crashing out early at night...Kind of strange really. Last time I remember Duromine I was awake til all hours and the thought of food was forced - it's like I could feel it working! This time.... it's worn off very quickly. Oh well, I'm doing the right thing for now - so fingers crossed for the weigh in when I get back!

11. Rosie C

Rosie C Member
    Registered

Well, today marks the end of week 1 on Duromine. It's a little frustrating not being ably to weigh myself (away for work) but there not much I can do about that! I'm trying to remain positive about it all but i'm finding it a little odd. About 8 years ago when I was on D, my body was constantly racing with energy, there was the usual dry mouth but I could definitely 'feel' it working. My metabolism was through the roof! I must have lost 4kgs in the first week. This time... it's very different. It's like i'm taking tablets for dry mouth. The appetite suppression lasted maybe 2 days. I have no extra energy and my sleep has been completely normal. I'm out like a light by 10.30 every night. I've stayed VERY strict with my calorie/nutrition intake and walked (briskly) for at least 45 mins every day, but I feel no change at all. Using my 'so tight I can barely fasten them' jeans as a measure... the fit EXACTLY the same as they did a week ago.

While i'm not completely disheartened, i'm a little perplexed as to why this might be the case. The only difference this time is they are iNova brand instead of 3M - and I have more to lose, which usually means faster loss.

Anyway, that's my one week done. Feeling a little ...'meh' about it all.... but staying focused.

Melmo likes this.
  12. Debbie74

Debbie74 Member
    Registered

Good to see you are staying focused! Well done with your motivation. Sounds like you are really determined. What dosage are you on? I know what you mean about feeling the duromine. I find I really really feel it when in then 40mg. You might be in for a nice surprise when you get home and weigh yourself as you may be losing from other places to start with. Keep up the good work. I haven't been so good with excercise but really need to get back to it. Keep up the good work.

Melmo likes this.