I'm new, and still considering

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ChelseaPearshape, Jun 11, 2014.

1. ChelseaPearshape

ChelseaPearshape New Member
    Registered

Hi, I'm 34, mom of 3 (aged 6, 4, 2), South African.
    Still breastfeeding, and need to wean baby now, so I can start.
    But first, have to go for blood test to rule out diabetis.
    Once liver and breastfeeding is sorted, want to start.
    I have about 20kgs to lose, but would be thrilled after 10kgs.
    Problem area: tum,bum,thighs. But mostly tummy.
    Current weight: 92kg
    Height: 1,7m
    Short term goal: 80kg (12kg off and maintained, by Dec 2014)
    Goal weight: 75kg (17kg off off and maintained, by Jun 2015)
    I can maintain that, Tummy Tuck by Dec 2015.

#1 ChelseaPearshape, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  2. ChelseaPearshape

Registered

Just returned from my Doctor. My blood-results shows that I am insullen-resistant, and I am going to be taking a tablet to correct this. We spoke about Duromine, and he says I will be able to take it along with my "sugar"-tablet, so gave me a repeat script for both, for 6 months.

I also got the tablets (two tiny tablets) to dry up the breastmilk. These 2 tablets cost me R230 - freak out !!! But the milk should dry up in two days time, and then I can start on the Duromine and new healty eating habbits. (Reducing sugars and carbs - advised by Doctor not so much as a weight-loss benefit, but more so as a corrective action for the glucuse/blood-sugar issue).

Bought some goodies to keep at work, so that I have healthy foods on hand. Pro-vita biscuits, cucumber, pine-apple, yoghurt, soy-linseed low GI bread, butter (for the omega oils), and diet-juice concentrate, just to add a dash to my water. It helps me to drink much more water.

My doctor strongly recommended that I don't take the Duromine on weekends, so that my body does not build up resistance to it, as some patients found. So, I will effectively start taking Duromine from Monday to Friday, and taking a break on weekends. Can't wait!

#2 ChelseaPearshape, Jun 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2017
  3. Kate

Kate Administrator
    Staff Member

Looks like you are prepared perfectly!
    Well, good luck then and record your results to see the changes.
    My advice to you: do not weigh yourself too often.
    Good luck Chelsea!

4. ChelseaPearshape

Registered

Thank you - I will track my progress and update, perhaps once a week.
    BTW - Hubby was at the Doctor with me, and is seriously considering joining me on the Duromine effort! He is the same height as me (1,7m) and weighs 115kg. Doc told him it would do him good to follow the same diet. He suffers from Gout, and takes medication for high blood pressure and an inactive thyroid, but Doc seems happy with him using Duromine as well. His blood pressure is under control with the medication he takes.

5. Audrey3

Audrey3 Moderator
    Staff Member

Good luck Chelsea, you obviously thought it through, planned well and are doing it all under the care of your doctor. Well done:)

6. ChelseaPearshape

Registered

SW - 92kg
    CW - 88kg
    GW - 80kg (Short term)
    GW - 75kg (Long term)
    When I try really hard, I manage to eat less than 0 carbs a day, and have had to replace my belt - as the one I was using has become just too big, and my pants won't stay up.
    Jikes - this is exciting!
    The scale doesn't really impress me as much as the fit of my pants does!

7. Dikkes

Dikkes New Member
    Registered

Hi Chelsea, I am considering duro and was wondering how you're doing. I see you started not too long ago. Also, what did the doc prescribe for insulin resistance? I have the same problem but had no idea you get meds for it! Maybe I should change doctors... :-/
    Hoping to hear from you soon!!

ChelseaPearshape likes this.
  8. ChelseaPearshape

Registered

Hi, I am really pleased with the results so far. I am taking glucophage for the sugar, it's a white tablet, and really affordable. (R23, enough for a month).

I am almost out of duro (probably have enough for about a week.)
    My weight is down to 85kg, but as I say, the Jeans are really what motivates me. This weekend, I wore a pair of jeans which I have not been able to fit into, since 2008!! I was over the moon!

I would strongly suggest that you start searching for info on low carb foods. It will not only help your loose weight, but help reduce your blood-sugar levels. I don't think the weight would have come off this quickly and easily if I had not done this. Because now I know which foods to avoid. I am making a habbit of reading labels, and if I am not sure, I google for nutritional information on certain foods.

Like this guy (in the link) suggests, I try to eat less than 50 carbs per day. Not always possible, but I try.
    All the best with your decision. For me, getting back to my pre-baby weight is really a big thing. I am very happy in my marriage, love my kids, but just extremely unhappy with my figure. And I am the only one who can change that. And once you need to punch another hole into your belt, or fit into a smaller pants, you already have so much motivation, that it gets easier every day.

#8 ChelseaPearshape, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2017
  9. Dikkes

Dikkes New Member
    Registered

Chels, here is a big kiss for you!! MWAH!!

Thank you so much for the positive response. You have really managed to motivate a desparate soul!! And congratulations with your fantastic achievement. You must be super proud of yourself :)

10. Belinda Chetty

Belinda Chetty New Member
    Registered

Hi Chelsea

I have just been reading your post, I have just started Duro,2 days in now. I have the same problem as you "insulin-resistant". How it going with the Duro.

#10 Belinda Chetty, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2017
  11. ChelseaPearshape

Registered

Hi, I am so pleased with the results.
    Had blood tests done in November, insullen is normal, fasting glucose 4,8.
    SW = 92
    CW = 72
    GW = 68 (new goal - yes, I'm planning to lose a little more)
    My blood-test in November also revealed that I am terribly aneamic - so taking iron supplements for this.
    I'll check that again in 6 months, only once the iron levels look satisfactory, I can plan my tummy tuck.
    I feel wonderful, healthy, and have regained so much confidence. It has really been worth the effort!

12. Belinda Chetty

Belinda Chetty New Member
    Registered

Wow that's fantastic,I am feeling nervous because of all da side effects.I am really gona try this time,feeling veri unhappy with my self...u hv given me hope.Thank you and well done to you

13. tharbie

tharbie New Member
    Registered

Wow congratulations on your loss so far,happy for u lady...so it took u like 5momths to lose the 20kgs?
    I'm impressed...keep pushing

14. mranne

mranne New Member
    Registered

Congrats on your loss so far :)